Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2019, 17:03   #481
BHPian
 
jaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 548
Thanked: 397 Times
Default

To compare, whether the Car can accommodate 3 passengers in the rear, we need to check shoulder width or internal width. Outer width will not make sense, in cars with a bulge near the wheels.

As per initial reviews of many journos, Venue will not accommodate 3 passengers comfortably.
jaaz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 17:35   #482
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,703
Thanked: 2,791 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
I wonder what stopped Hyundai from making this car a tad wider. People complain about the rear seats of EcoSport@1765mm... Wonder hoe Venue will fare@1700mm...
Venue is lesser in both height and width than all of its competitors.
Disappointed :|

I think it is the limitation of the platform itself. Maruti's Heartech platform powering WagonR, Swift, Dezire and now Ertiga has resulted in a wide bench. The i10 platform itself is narrow, so it is possible that due to this limitation the Venue is narrow.
ani_meher is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 01:18   #483
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,908
Thanked: 2,316 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Venue is lesser in both height and width than all of its competitors.
Disappointed :|
I think this isn't a deal breaker. Gone are the days when bigger meant better - I would rather have a well equipped and capable compact vehicle. Our vehicle is hardly every fully occupied so width only equals parking difficulty.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 07:44   #484
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HR 51/HR 29
Posts: 1,118
Thanked: 5,145 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I think it is the limitation of the platform itself. Maruti's Heartech platform powering WagonR, Swift, Dezire and now Ertiga has resulted in a wide bench. The i10 platform itself is narrow, so it is possible that due to this limitation the Venue is narrow.
My understanding is that this is based on the i20 platform, not the smaller i10's.
Shreyans_Jain is offline  
Old 1st May 2019, 09:24   #485
Senior - BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,497
Thanked: 2,447 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
My understanding is that this is based on the i20 platform, not the smaller i10's.

Actually read somewhere that the Venue is based on the next gen Grand i10 platform. Not sure though.

Can someone also throw some light on what platform the current i20 is based on? Is it the current Grand i10 platform? Or the earlier Verna platform?
motorworks is offline  
Old 1st May 2019, 09:27   #486
BHPian
 
tarik.arora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Noida
Posts: 529
Thanked: 1,163 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
I wonder what stopped Hyundai from making this car a tad wider. People complain about the rear seats of EcoSport@1765mm... Wonder hoe Venue will fare@1700mm...
Venue is lesser in both height and width than all of its competitors.
Disappointed :|
Not the best way to measure interior space. Nexon is pretty wide at 1811mm but has lesser shoulder room than Brezza whose width stands at 1790mm. Clever packaging may help Hyundai liberate good interior space. Let us reserve our judgement till we see the car in person.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 11:58   #487
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Nashik
Posts: 80
Thanked: 343 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Hyundai Venue spotted in production form.
Quote:
Hyundaiís upcoming compact SUV, the Venue, was spotted on Indian roads for the first time ahead of its official launch on 21 May 2019. The sub-four metre SUV was recently officially unveiled to the public. Post-launch, the Hyundai Venue will compete against the likes of the Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and Tataís popular seller, the Nexon.
Source: https://www.carwale.com/m/news/hyund...ficial-launch/

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2019 at 07:41. Reason: Pictures posted in an earlier post
HarshGtR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 13:19   #488
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Hyundai Venue spotted in production form.


Source: https://www.carwale.com/m/news/hyund...ficial-launch/
Definitely looks good and well proportioned. I like it. Iím in the market for a new ride and this does seem like a worthwhile contender. Hoping to read the team Bhp official review soon.
Lalvaz is offline  
Old 1st May 2019, 18:37   #489
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Montreal, CA
Posts: 282
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Any idea when the press test drives are? I want to know how the 1.0 DCT version fares in terms of power and handling. Also eager to know about the colors that the car is being offered as well.

I hope Hyundai prices it reasonably rather than going over the board.
sweetvar26 is offline  
Old 1st May 2019, 21:33   #490
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 197
Thanked: 261 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Any idea when the press test drives are? I want to know how the 1.0 DCT version fares in terms of power and handling. Also eager to know about the colors that the car is being offered as well.

I hope Hyundai prices it reasonably rather than going over the board.
Top gear has this review for the engine in question thought it's in an i20.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/hyundai/i20/driving
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:36   #491
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: -
Posts: 96
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Yikes! Online bookings are now open - https://bookonline.hyundai.co.in/

Name:  7M360X200_without_logo.jpg
Views: 7972
Size:  86.7 KB

Last edited by kubectl : 2nd May 2019 at 12:00.
kubectl is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:41   #492
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ~
Posts: 237
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
Yikes! Online bookings are now open - https://bookonline.hyundai.co.in/
I think there is a bug in the combo box options, can't find venue there.
nitinhegde is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:44   #493
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 1,103 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
Yikes! Online bookings are now open - https://bookonline.hyundai.co.in/

Attachment 1873212



Where? I don't see Venue in the drop down.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-options.jpg  

ValarMorghulis is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:48   #494
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: -
Posts: 96
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
I think there is a bug in the combo box options, can't find venue there.
You're right, I think I caught them off-guard while they were testing. I could see Venue in the drop down, but not now.
From what I saw, the booking amount was Rs. 21,000, and DCT was available in SX+ and not SX(O), which might mean no side and curtain airbags for DCT :(

But well, it's only a matter of minutes now that they start the bookings. Keep your HDFC cards ready

Last edited by kubectl : 2nd May 2019 at 11:58.
kubectl is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:00   #495
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 1,103 Times
Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Mod Note: Please continue the discussion on our preview thread. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Actually read somewhere that the Venue is based on the next gen Grand i10 platform. Not sure though.

Can someone also throw some light on what platform the current i20 is based on? Is it the current Grand i10 platform? Or the earlier Verna platform?

OK, a total noob question and hopefully no-one mocks me for this


Isn't an i20 platform better than an i10 one? Since i20 is definitely a better car than i10?

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2019 at 12:20. Reason: Link to preview
ValarMorghulis is offline  
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks