Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2019, 15:55   #451
BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Wait. No 1.2L Petrol now? Only 1.4L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Some details on the upcoming Venue:-

- 4 variants to be on offer initially - E, S, SX & SX(O), in both 1.4L petrol & 1.4L diesel lineups. The 1.0L, 7-speed petrol DCT will be offered in a single SX(O) trim.
Old 24th April 2019, 15:59   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigvr View Post
Wait. No 1.2L Petrol now? Only 1.4L?
Here are the available options as officially declared for India:

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-0.png
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 17:28   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here are the available options as officially declared for India:

Attachment 1870955
I honestly don't see the point of the N/A 1.2l petrol if the 1.0 turbo petrol is going to be available in both manual as well as DCT.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 17:40   #454
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I honestly don't see the point of the N/A 1.2l petrol if the 1.0 turbo petrol is going to be available in both manual as well as DCT.
Hyundai would want to advertise a lower sticker price for Venue. If they only launch 1.0 Turbo petrol the sticker price would be very high and would be detrimental when it comes to public perception.
The Rationalist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 18:02   #455
Senior - BHPian

No matter how many reviews you watch, it's incomplete without powerdrift's touch. Here's the one on Venue. Not really a review, rather first look like all others.

Love the part which shows the conversation with the captain. No matter if it's scripted or not but good to watch

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th April 2019 at 18:05.
SoumenD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 08:24   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

The Head of Design at Hyundai speaks on Venue's design philosophy,

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 10:29   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Venue bookings open officially on May 2nd, 2019, will be available to order at dealerships and online as well.
Variant details yet to be announced.

Quote:
Hyundai will follow a similar booking strategy the brand had used for the Santro - opening bookings on its website in addition to at dealerships. Online bookings would be processed further and the vehicle will be delivered by the Hyundai dealer closest to the buyer.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th April 2019 at 10:31.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 14:29   #458
BHPian

According to a source in one of the dealerships, training for the Venue has already begun. They were recently given training on the BlueLink technology. Bookings are scheduled to open in the first week of May while details regarding variants are expected to be revealed to them around May 7th.

Last edited by Torque_Curve : 25th April 2019 at 14:30. Reason: Minor correction
Torque_Curve is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 16:03   #459
BHPian

OK, so the bookings will tentatively start from the first week of May, but what is the cost of this beauty? Is this below the EcoSport for an AT? Or rubbing shoulders with the XUV300 without an AT? How much is the 1.2l petrol engine worth?

Before plonking my monies, I'd sure like to know how much moolah I'm finally shelling out.

What I'd hate the most is: The car turns out to be competitively priced and then there is a waiting period of 6-8 weeks.

By when can we expect the Official review? I know too early to ask, but a guy can hope.
Old 25th April 2019, 18:58   #460
BHPian

The Venue with its 1.0 L Turbocharged petrol AT is in a niche territory. Ford has the Ecoboost but in the MT version only. I would say the Venue is going to be a big hit with the masses and mostly with the 1.0 L turbocharged engine
Old 25th April 2019, 19:12   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
I would say the Venue is going to be a big hit with the masses and mostly with the 1.0 L turbocharged engine
The masses will buy the 1.4 CRDI. The one litre turbo will not sell much as it will cost as much as the diesel. It will not be fuel efficient also. The only reason the 1.0L may sell, will be for its DCT.
Old 26th April 2019, 13:08   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
The masses will buy the 1.4 CRDI. The one litre turbo will not sell much as it will cost as much as the diesel. It will not be fuel efficient also. The only reason the 1.0L may sell, will be for its DCT.
Yes i completely agree on this and believe 1.4 diesel mill would be seen selling more on the charts compared to other engine options.Venue would take Creta's pricing point in coming time and Creta would get more costlier as what we have seen with hyundai pricing policy for our market.
Old 26th April 2019, 14:26   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Yes i completely agree on this and believe 1.4 diesel mill would be seen selling more on the charts compared to other engine options.Venue would take Creta's pricing point in coming time and Creta would get more costlier as what we have seen with hyundai pricing policy for our market.
I think it's not to do with Hyundai's pricing policy per se. It has become the norm with every manufacturer, taking into consideration the inflation and the government's reluctance to ease the taxes on cars. They treat cars as a luxury but its a necessity considering the haphazard state of the public transport system.
I remember buying my Ecosport 2013 top model at 10.25L on road. Now the similar top model costs around 14L
deepjaju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 16:26   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Yes i completely agree on this and believe 1.4 diesel mill would be seen selling more on the charts compared to other engine options.
This could be a conflict when BS VI is getting rolled out next year. If BS VI fuel is going to be more expensive (?) do you think people will consider spending more on a car which is about to consume more expensive fuel next year onwards? Won't the ownership expenses hit the skies?
Another question I have is what was the point is launching Petrol 1.2L engine with this big vehicle. And turbo 1.0L petrol may be as expensive as that of diesel. I think if one wants to have Venue, then considering pollution norms, Turbo 1.0 petrol will be the best choice.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 26th April 2019 at 16:27.
Old 27th April 2019, 11:29   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
This could be a conflict when BS VI is getting rolled out next year. If BS VI fuel is going to be more expensive (?) do you think people will consider spending more on a car which is about to consume more expensive fuel next year onwards? Won't the ownership expenses hit the skies?
Another question I have is what was the point is launching Petrol 1.2L engine with this big vehicle. And turbo 1.0L petrol may be as expensive as that of diesel. I think if one wants to have Venue, then considering pollution norms, Turbo 1.0 petrol will be the best choice.
Wont be the turbo petrol variant more expensive to maintain compared to their kappa 1.2L engine?? At par with its diesel one which is why i believe 1.4L diesel would be seen selling more on the charts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks