Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2019, 08:34   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Hyundai Announces Moniker for All-New 2020 Crossover Utility Vehicle: Hyundai Venue

The company says 'Venue' references "a place where people want to be seen, or in this case, inside the vehicle".

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.png

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th March 2019 at 08:56.
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 09:01   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Announces Moniker for All-New 2020 Crossover Utility Vehicle: Hyundai Venue

Does that mean it's going to be 2020, I thought it will be on sale in a couple of months.
Old 27th March 2019, 09:05   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Does that mean it's going to be 2020, I thought it will be on sale in a couple of months.
MY2020.

Doesn't have anything to do with the launch date. Some companies launch / unveil their versions for next year by Q3 of the previous year, some even earlier.

In this case - unveil is happening at the New York International Auto Show on April 17th.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th March 2019 at 09:08.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 10:38   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai will unveil its Compact SUV 'Venue' on April 17 in India and at the New York Motor Show simultaneously.

In India, the model will launch in mid-May 2019 and will be priced in line with Ford's and Mahindra's sub compact SUV's.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th March 2019 at 10:41.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 11:49   #110
BHPian

What on earth is this trend of weird names? We had the Marazzo, Alturas, Buzzard, Altroz and now Venue?

That aside, eagerly waiting for this one. Hyundai can set the cat among pigeons provided they don’t get too optimistic with the pricing.
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 12:11   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

But going by the way Hyundai has priced Creta, I am sure this one will make the over priced XUV300 look VFM. Also it is quite possible that this may take sales away from creta too instead of only hurting the other compact SUVs. I just hope that they launch it with a proper AT box and not an AMT unit.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 12:33   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
What on earth is this trend of weird names? We had the Marazzo, Alturas, Buzzard, Altroz and now Venue?

On the contrary, I find Venue easily pronounceable compared to several others, like XUV 300. What I find curious though is the position of the moniker, right below the badge. Renault does it. Is this a trend Hyundai will also follow in future?!
2cents is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 12:39   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai will unveil its Compact SUV 'Venue' on April 17 in India and at the New York Motor Show simultaneously.

In India, the model will launch in mid-May 2019 and will be priced in line with Ford's and Mahindra's sub compact SUV's.

Link
That is quite possible due to intense competition in this space. Unlike Creta, which does not have a credible competitor in Cross-over space, the sub-4M SUV/raised hatchback has good products and Fan following for few of them.
Ecosport people are unlikely to shift as the requirement are different.

Brezza and XUV300 will take a hit as they are targeting the same market segment.
Nexon has a price advantage which they will soon lose owing to price increase. In bangalore alone the prices are likely to go up by 40-50K for Nexon diesel XZ+
Old 27th March 2019, 12:59   #114
Team-BHP Support

The name will be Venue for the Indian market as well -

Quote:
Hyundai | All-New Connected SUV | VENUE

Hyundai announces the All New Connected SUV – the #HyundaiVENUE. This trendy, unique and stylish SUV is the most sought after 3rd life Space with Next Gen Connectivity for a Happy Life.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 13:00   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
What I find curious though is the position of the moniker, right below the badge. Renault does it. Is this a trend Hyundai will also follow in future?!
Hyundai has already started this trend on their new generation vehicles. The upcoming Elantra and the recently unveiled Sonata too have the moniker right below the badge.
Old 27th March 2019, 15:58   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But going by the way Hyundai has priced Creta, I am sure this one will make the over priced XUV300 look VFM. Also it is quite possible that this may take sales away from creta too instead of only hurting the other compact SUVs. I just hope that they launch it with a proper AT box and not an AMT unit.
I hope Hyundai prices the Venue sensibly. The Creta doesn't have any tough competition in its segment which has allowed Hyundai to get away with that pricing. That space only had the Duster when Creta was launched, and Hyundai was able to run away with the Creta's success while no other manufacturer has been able to challenge it yet.

Situation in the sub-4m CUV space is very different with lots of competition and Brezza firmly leading the sales. And again this ~₹10lakh segment is also more price sensitive. Whether the Venue cannibalizes lower variants of Creta will be interesting to see. As we have seen, many people have bought the entry level variants of the Creta just for the brand value and then upgrade it to near top variant with aftermarket accessories!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 16:27   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Brezza and XUV300 will take a hit as they are targeting the same market segment.
Too early to conclude XUV300 numbers. I think that Brezza numbers will not be reduce. What happened to i20 numbers when Baleno was launched? So I wont be surprised if Brezza continues its march and Venue sell 10K per month.

My Prediction: Feature wise Venue could be similar to i20 Active and could be priced at 75K premium. So i20 Active, 1.4L versions of Creta would take a hit. Premium hatchback and compact sedan numbers would take a hit too.
jaganpec2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 17:46   #118
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
. So i20 Active, 1.4L versions of Creta would take a hit. Premium hatchback and compact sedan numbers would take a hit too.
The BSVI engines for creta will be 1.5L, right? So I think the cheaper 1.4L versions might not exist for long. And that space will be filled by Venue.
Old 27th March 2019, 18:46   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
The BSVI engines for creta will be 1.5L, right? So I think the cheaper 1.4L versions might not exist for long. And that space will be filled by Venue.
Last week I had called multiple Hyundai showrooms in Mangalore and Bangalore for booking Creta 1.4 E+ diesel. Most of the showrooms said it is available in 1.5 - 2 months and asked me to book. However only one sales guy from Mangalore said "sir, Hyundai was producing close to 7K Creta base variants per month which has now come down to 2K per month. Now the waiting period has swollen to several months for Creta base version. This is due to new sub 4 meter SUV launch in May and soon the Creta base might be discontinued".

Yesterday I read from Hyundai Creta Facebook page that dealers are not accepting the booking for Creta 1.4 diesel versions in Bangalore. Members from Bangalore, please confirm.

EDIT:

Just now saw this in Creta Facebook page

Quote:
Dear all, pls note, there will be an upgrade of VTVT E+ and Crdi E+ variant to *Ex* which will be lower than VTVT SX / Crdi S. Kindly do not take E+ variants bookings as there will be an upgrade from April. We have more than sufficient bookings of E+ than the stock available to be cater to the bookings. Some customers may have to be upgraded to EX variant. Circular to follow soon. *Kindly note in this is trim restructuring and not discontinuance of a variant*. Lowest variant will be *Ex* only.

Last edited by recshenoy : 27th March 2019 at 18:49.
recshenoy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 19:26   #120
BHPian

Received below message on a Creta owners group:

Dear all, pls note, there will be an upgrade of VTVT E+ and Crdi E+ variant to *Ex* which will be lower than VTVT SX / Crdi S. Kindly do not take E+ variants bookings as there will be an upgrade from April. We have more than sufficient bookings of E+ than the stock available to be catere to the bookings. Some customers may have to be upgraded to EX variant. Circular to follow soon. *Kindly note in this is trim restructuring and not discontinuance of a variant*. Lowest variant will be *E* only.

Not sure if that's authentic.

Is this Venue effect??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks