Hyundai Venue compact SUV: Rendering

https://www.cartoq.com/hyundai-venue...ct-suv-render/
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 09:22   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

This can severely dent the Vitara brezza as well as the sub-4m C1 sedans will have tough time as more people will swing towards this segment. Hyundai has cleverly targeted two birds with a single stone here (Dzire/Amaze and Vitara Brezz+others)

Hyundai also sells large number of Base trim Creta and surely this will overlap in terms of pricing and interesting to watch how much will it cannibalise the Creta sales
Old 5th April 2019, 10:55   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
This can severely dent the Vitara brezza as well as the sub-4m C1 sedans will have tough time as more people will swing towards this segment. Hyundai has cleverly targeted two birds with a single stone here (Dzire/Amaze and Vitara Brezz+others)

Hyundai also sells large number of Base trim Creta and surely this will overlap in terms of pricing and interesting to watch how much will it cannibalise the Creta sales
I think I had read it earlier in this thread that Hyundai is discontinuing the E/E+ variants of the Creta and introducing a new EX base variant up the ladder, possibly to avoid cannibalization.

Also as per some reports, the next gen Creta might become bigger and hence move up from its current price bracket. With all the features and premium-ness spied from the Venue, it may not be priced the Vitata Brezza range, but more into or slightly above the EcoSport/XUV300 range, in which case the Nexon and Brezza might escape relatively unscathed.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 11:10   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
This can severely dent the Vitara brezza as well as the sub-4m C1 sedans will have tough time as more people will swing towards this segment.--
Do not forget, the Vitara Brezza is available in only diesel and is commendable to see it doing an avg.of 14k units/month in sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
I think I had read it earlier in this thread that Hyundai is discontinuing the E/E+ variants of the Creta and introducing a new EX base variant up the ladder, possibly to avoid cannibalization.
+1.
The Venue will carve out a new segment while the Creta will move up in segment (and pricing)
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 11:20   #200
BHPian

My guess is it will further expand the segment the way XUV300 has done. Won’t eat much of existing products share in the segment.
Old 5th April 2019, 11:39   #201
Senior - BHPian

I was excited for this just for a minute. Then i read there won't be a Diesel automatic and excitement died. Don't understand why manufacturers are not giving automatic transmission for both fuel options. They have an example in the form of Amaze where people bought a large percentage of diesel Automatic. Clearly the trend has been shifting towards automatics in the past couple of years. Opportunity missed in this case.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 13:03   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Don't understand why manufacturers are not giving automatic transmission for both fuel options.
IMO, BS-VI is the reason.

It is expected that price of BS VI diesel engine would raise by 1-1.5 lakh over BS IV diesel, combine that with Automatic transmission (Another 50k for AMT or 100k for conventional AT) - Looking at ~2-2.5 lakh premium over the BS IV diesel MT.

Considering that BS IV diesel PT is costlier by 100k over BS IV petrol PT, the overall cost difference of BS VI diesel Auto vs BS VI Petrol Auto could be around ~2.5-3 lakh (BS VI Petrol is expected to cost 50K-75K more than BS IV Petrol)

So demand for this power train variant would be very minimal (atleast in <12 lakh segment)

This new Hyundai is designed to meet BS VI norm and would be priced below 12 Lakh. Maybe that is why there is no diesel Auto ?!?!

Would be interesting to see whether Amaze continue with their diesel+CVT variant after April 2020.
vaasscit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 14:08   #203
BHPian

Just saw this car testing on Chennai highway. Seems it's the Venue ahead of the launch..
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-img_20190406_134329.jpg  

Dr.Vikas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 16:34   #204
BHPian

I have really high expectations from that 7 speed DCT and 1.0 L engine combo.

If one is looking for a fun-to-drive automatic car under 13 lakhs (ex-showroom), then there is nothing in the market without a deal breaker.
- Polo GT has non-existent space for rear passengers.
- Figo and Aspire automatics come without SYNC3. More than that, 2 airbags on cars rated 3 stars by NCAP? No thanks!
- In compact SUVs, EcoSport comes the closest, but I found it to be best described as linear and mature than peppy and fun-to-drive.
- In C2 sedans, Vento/Rapid fit the bill, but buying them today is a very nervous decision with newer models entering the market in a year or two.

About the Venue, it's very hard to speculate how the DCT and engine combo turns out. I believe the engine on offer will be the 1.0 T-GDI engine, and this combo is offered in i20 and Kona in UK and other markets.
- i20 comes with 100 PS of power, 0-100 in 10.4 seconds.
- Kona comes with 120 PS of power, 0-100 in 11.6 seconds.
Torque figures are the same at 172 Nm of torque (1500 rpm - 4000 rpm)

If I'm to make anything out of this, I think that Venue seems to be right in between - heavier than i20 and lighter than Kona. If this car has even 90% of the pep that I felt in Rapid/Vento, I'm willing to make that trade-off. But if it does not push me back in my seat, I'm booking the Vento. Waiting for the test drive very impatiently!

References:
- https://www.parkers.co.uk/hyundai/i2...ve-2016/specs/
- https://www.parkers.co.uk/hyundai/kona/suv-2017/specs/
kubectl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 19:25   #205
BHPian

The venue has the potential to be a block buster in the same way that the creta was. I really hope the petrol DCT combo is good and offers decent economy too. After BSVi the market will move to petrols and Hyundai better be ready.
Old 7th April 2019, 04:38   #206
Senior - BHPian

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Im still not sure about the DCT in the Venue though. The Verna and the Creta do not get a DCT, and nor will say the next gen Xcent or the Grand i10, on which the Venue is supposedly based on. So why would Hyundai make a DCT only for the Venue? And that too in a price sensitive segment. Somehow it just does not add up. Unless they have heavily localised this transmission and Hyundai sees it as the way forward for many other cars, I just cannot make out the financial viability of creating something ground up for one model.
Old 7th April 2019, 06:57   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I just cannot make out the financial viability of creating something ground up for one model.
Or maybe they want to test the DCT with Venue and then put it in the Verna and the next generation Creta. The DCT talk is my biggest doubt that the Venue might be priced higher in the segment
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 12:03   #208
BHPian

I think the DCT might be paired with the 1L Turbo petrol which might be what they are testing:
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-image00002__01.jpg
Old 7th April 2019, 20:40   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Venue SUV in red mono tone colour spied.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-hyundaivenueredcolourspiedfirstlaunchprice2.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-hyundaivenueredcolourspiedfirstlaunchprice1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 21:06   #210
BHPian

Hi,
Does anyone know when the official/unofficial bookings open for Hyundai venue
???
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks