Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2007, 15:46   #121
BHPian

Sorry, forgot to update on the Mileage. As per the company people, CRDI will give around 15 - 16 kmpl with AC in City conditions & 30% more in the Highway. The salesman did not reveal the petrol mileage.

Regards
Deepak
Old 17th January 2007, 15:51   #122
BWN
BHPian

70 PS Dicor is a sure disappointment and that too at a price tag of 8L OTR.90 PS would have been reasonable.Indigo has lost its VFM ratings to a large extent by this price tag.

Rear seat space and diesel economy are sure eye catchers but what about its legendary refinement and niggling issues.Watch out..... Niggles in a Dicor can cost a bomb.

Tata... You have a winner on papers but have to pull up your socks to make things really work for you.
Old 17th January 2007, 16:00   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
I There are only 2 models, 1 petrol & 1 Crdi. The price of the petrol is Rs 7.64 Lacs & Crdi is Rs 8.45 Lacs. Both are on road prices in Bangalore.Hope this sells well with this price band. RegardsDeepak
8.45 lacs is verna CRDi territory..and Indigos 70 PS is no match to vernas engine.,which is more refined and more powerful.. IMO this car needs more power and a lower price tag..to sell volumes
Old 17th January 2007, 16:10   #124
Senior - BHPian

chauffeur <-> taxi

its a pity that tata is not interested in releasing a driver oriented product..
looks like their main aim is to please the taxi segment..

instead of stretching the back of indigo, i would have prefered a more refined, and more powerful car anyday...
Old 17th January 2007, 16:17   #125
Senior - BHPian

Some More Pics

Spec Sheet:

Old 17th January 2007, 16:17   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
But will they be able to justify the premium over the standard Indigo? For similar money wouldn't an Innova be better?
True. The Innova will win hands down in comparison with the tour operators & the Hospitality industry.

They have a major branding nightmare here too. A guy who spends 8L plus is driving around/being driven around in an Indica? That's bad. Somewhat substantial changes in body panels and a different name would have helped here, but I guess that would have cost too much to TATA. So they stick on a budget name to a mid-size semi-premuim car that is a dead ringer for a budget car. It will be interesting to see what kind of customer demographic will actually end up buying this stretched Indigo.

Last edited by hydrashok : 17th January 2007 at 16:21.
Old 17th January 2007, 16:24   #127
BHPian

If the refinement levels are met according to the industry standard..and if tata's have managed to solve the general niggling problems which existed in their previous cars , improve the handling and overall ride quality, They have good service backup, cheap spares ect.
They have priced it right IMHO and want to come out of the cheap bracket and are clearly indicating that quality comes at a premium.

i dont see why the car would not sell?? whaterver territory they fall under.
Old 17th January 2007, 16:24   #128
rkg
Senior - BHPian

safari dicor LX with 7.12 lakh ex show room price is a better option than indigo XL. it is better engine, more people can be accomaodated, it also got rear ac vents, power windows. only difference is alloy wheels, blue tooth mobile handset, dvd player, leather seats.
but safari is more comfortable and safe
Old 17th January 2007, 16:34   #129
rkg
Senior - BHPian

as per tata web site the dicor is 16 valve double oevrehead camshaft emgine
Old 17th January 2007, 16:39   #130
Senior - BHPian

I wonder why they advertise the measly 70 bhp engine (which incidentally is the same as what the TDi develops - are Tata the only ones that actually dont gain power with new technology?) as "silent and high-torque". "Silent" in comparison to what? The Indica? Lets see how 'silent' this tappet-less engine really is.

As for hi-torque, my bike makes more torque than this one.
Old 17th January 2007, 16:51   #131
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
As for hi-torque, my bike makes more torque than this one.
Spoilt brat you are!! Your bike has an equally big engine!!

But yeah, wonder where all that power is going?
Old 17th January 2007, 17:08   #132
BHPian

If Ford Fiesta with similar specs (68 ps & 160 Nm) can do well, why not indigo xl. Though it may sound cliched, it is proven fact that FE is the major factor contributing to sales more than anything else.

On the refinement part, i spoke to a sales person today and he told me that the engine noise could be heard inside the passenger cabin at idle, where as in the fiesta diesel, i have to concentrate hard to listen to the murmur of the engine.

regards
Tifosi.
Old 17th January 2007, 17:26   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
If Ford Fiesta with similar specs (68 ps & 160 Nm) can do well, why not indigo xl. Though it may sound cliched, it is proven fact that FE is the major factor contributing to sales more than anything else.

On the refinement part, i spoke to a sales person today and he told me that the engine noise could be heard inside the passenger cabin at idle, where as in the fiesta diesel, i have to concentrate hard to listen to the murmur of the engine.
You have almost answered yourself... he he...

Fiesta has better NVh levels, is more strong build, and interiors are also good...

What fiesta lacks will be space and legroom...
Old 17th January 2007, 17:26   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
If Ford Fiesta with similar specs (68 ps & 160 Nm) can do well, why not indigo xl.
Well primary competition is going to be the Indigo SX itself since it costs about 6.04L (ex-showroom Delhi) so will be about 6.5-6.6L (on-road). Question is will people be able to justify the extra 1.5L or so with a car that only has some extra legroom & an engine which puts out the same amount of power as the old one?

IMHO we'll have to wait & watch but it doesn't look easy for Tata.
Old 17th January 2007, 18:33   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
You have almost answered yourself... he he...

Fiesta has better NVh levels, is more strong build, and interiors are also good...

What fiesta lacks will be space and legroom...
Feature set available in xl is beyond compare. Its not just the space and legroom you had mentioned.

Check Tata Motors - IndigoXL for further details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks