Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2007, 20:28   #16
BHPian

63 bhp might be the achilles heel for this Swift as the Logan is rumored to be making 70 bhp and is supposedly having fantastic Fuel efficiency.

Fiat Punto range in Europe pegs this engine at 70 Bhp. So did Fiat sell the older generation engine tech to GM/Suzuki and are planning to bring the newer 70 bhp and VVT version 90 bhp to india.That would be a master stroke for Tata and Fiat
Old 7th January 2007, 21:10   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm not sure if a Swift/Getz diesels priced at around 6.5 lac will take off currently. Probably another year down the line should mature the market for the premium-compact diesels.
Old 7th January 2007, 21:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I'm not sure if a Swift/Getz diesels priced at around 6.5 lac will take off currently. Probably another year down the line should mature the market for the premium-compact diesels.
I am not sure of thier success if priced above 6lakhs. People will have other options like Logan,Indigo Dicor and New Palio with same engine.
Old 7th January 2007, 22:32   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
63 bhp might be the achilles heel for this Swift as the Logan is rumored to be making 70 bhp and is supposedly having fantastic Fuel efficiency.

Fiat Punto range in Europe pegs this engine at 70 Bhp. So did Fiat sell the older generation engine tech to GM/Suzuki and are planning to bring the newer 70 bhp and VVT version 90 bhp to india.That would be a master stroke for Tata and Fiat
Yes... That would be a master stroke... BUT unfortunately... I think you got the petrol and diesel specifications mixed up... Its Fiat JTD diesel, that is DDiS for Suzuki... Its the new one only...

And... VVT is suzuki name for variable valve timing used in their petrol engines... Like honda's famous VTec, and hyundai's VTVT...

WATCH NDTV PROFIT CAR AND BIKE SHOW... They are showing Swift diesel...

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th January 2007 at 22:33.
Old 7th January 2007, 22:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

63 bhp will make it only as fast as the Indiaa turbo with 70ps. Swift has the weight advantage. But it will be priced at least 70-80 k more than the Indica turbo. I guess Swift diesel VXI ABS will be approx 5.25-5.35 on road Mumbai.
Old 7th January 2007, 23:03   #21
BHPian

anything above 6L would be too high a price for this car nd I've seen Renault commercials have already started airing on most channels so we can expect the launch of Logan soon
Old 8th January 2007, 09:26   #22
BHPian

5 lacs is the sweetest price for base Swift Diesel VXi that most Indians will love it. Though 5.3 may be with more goodies.
Old 8th January 2007, 09:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
63 bhp will make it only as fast as the Indiaa turbo with 70ps. Swift has the weight advantage. But it will be priced at least 70-80 k more than the Indica turbo. I guess Swift diesel VXI ABS will be approx 5.25-5.35 on road Mumbai.

PS rating is a way of determining , just a way .Its not what decides perfomance .There are other factors to be taken into account like short/long ratio gearing , quality of gearshifts , Whether initial turbo lag is present ? , Whether the engine has wide /narrow power band . Am telling you am driving a 63 bhp Sienna but I am sure getting a stock Fiesta diesel is not much of a trouble for me
Old 8th January 2007, 10:24   #24
BHPian

I was watching the ticker in CNBC-TV18 and it mentioned that the swift diesel engine will be a 75 bhp one. It also mentioned that the diesel engine will be exported to Hungary from mid-07 onwards!
Old 8th January 2007, 10:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I was watching the ticker in CNBC-TV18 and it mentioned that the swift diesel engine will be a 75 bhp one. It also mentioned that the diesel engine will be exported to Hungary from mid-07 onwards!
even I noticed that.
Old 8th January 2007, 11:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
even I noticed that.
And I too have seen this news on CNBC ticker. ALso that they want to produce 3-lac diesal engine per year.
Old 8th January 2007, 12:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

A dealer frm Kerala told me last week that it would be launched soon and to post about this at tbhp only this week.Coz a Kerala dealer knows about it, the car maybe available in Kerala too
Old 8th January 2007, 12:50   #28
BHPian

It should be priced close to Palio diesel as both the cars are of same category so it should cost around 5.3 on road hyderabad. I dont think there is much cost difference between Palio 1.2 petrol and Swift petrol.
Old 8th January 2007, 13:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

should be 5.5lac up for base model

I would suggest that one wait for the 90bhp real thing with Punto instead of the 70bhp Swift!!!

Imagine a Hyundai Santro 70bhp CRDi next to a 70bhp Swift but at a lower price. 2007 gonna be fun.
Old 8th January 2007, 13:57   #30
BANNED

I am shocked to see this car being launched so earlier. Yes, Maruti had this plans for sometime. But I never expected it to happen on time.
All the Maruti/Suzuki people I spoke to regarding this have confirmed that the car will be launched this month. Here the launch seems to be the last week of Jan.

This car would solve the thirst of all looking for a problem free diesel hatchback. The car will have enough power. Even if it's 70bhp I think It'll match the pleasure of Petrol 1.3 swift but a bit watered down. The torque will be fun though.

Pete's! Shall we have a tuning box for this? Turboindia! Are you listening?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks