Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2007, 13:45   #76
BHPian

Recently when i visited the dealer, i got the info that Swift diesel will be launched sometime this month, but the Baleno will be launched next month. Already prodduction for Baleno has started and 50 vehicles are ready.
Old 13th January 2007, 15:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Recently when i visited the dealer, i got the info that Swift diesel will be launched sometime this month, but the Baleno will be launched next month. Already prodduction for Baleno has started and 50 vehicles are ready.

Thats good. I have been waiting for a good diesel cat that is powerful and good looking too...
Old 13th January 2007, 22:07   #78
BHPian

Watched the review of Swift Diesel on CNBC-AWAZ today, the guy test drove the black swift and showed the engine bay too. It had Suzuki DDis, which produces 75 bhp, the mileage as the per the reviewer should be aroudn 18-20kmpl. Diesel swift has a new gearbox and a bit internal trim, which is better than the petrol. It will come in two trims called LDI and VDI where VDI is fully loaded and LDI with AC and power steering. Since review is on air, I'm sure it will be launched any time next week. So let's wait and watch for pricing and specs.
Old 14th January 2007, 00:04   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
according to service guys BOTH Swift and Baleno Diesel will be launched in Blr within a month !!

Some guys have been already sent for training on this engine and the swift diesel mileage in city is 18-20 kmpl !!!!!
With such a mileage and low engine noise levels, it could soon become the most sought after car. It will get very interesting when the Diesel Getz is launched. Hyundai better hurry though.

The new Baleno with a diesel option? I hope it's the 1.9JTD !!!! And I hope it's a locally manufactured engine or else the cost will shoot up.
Old 14th January 2007, 11:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Baleno diesel sounds impossible yet ...

Hey,

I dont think the baleno diesel will be out so soon. My maruti service center says baleno might come in only April this year that too in petrol alone. I m still thinking probably that the baleno with 1.3 engine is somewhat feasible as maruti might have engines ready, but the diesel so soon? that too 1.9, sounds a bit impossible (unless maruti has a surprise up their sleeve)

Whatever it is the new baleno looks good, and should probably sell well as well. And a diesel will only up the marutis stock price
Old 14th January 2007, 12:31   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
It can give tough compitetion to Indica for sure. Many predicted since Swift Diesel will be most fuel efficient (At least 18+kmpl in city driving conditions...) Diesel car it should capture Taxi segment... Its supposed to very very very quiet and smooth compared with other Diesel Cars, It uses most advanced CRDi technology. So its going to create wave for sure in 2007 in its Segment.

This may be the Car of the Year 2008!!

Regards,

Ravi.
I think its too early to predict the success of Swift in the Diesel car market, particularly the lower end Taxi segment. Taxi operators dont give much importance to refinement/smoothness. What they want is a spacious, rugged and fuel efficient vehicle. Swift Diesel only scores in the "fuel efficiency" part. Its nowhere as spacious as the Indica/Indigo. The boot space, which is of extreme importance in Taxi segment, is practically non existent.
Old 14th January 2007, 12:42   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the diesel Swift is atleast a month away. Maruti needs that much time min to do a slick marketing campaign like the one they did on the petrol Swift.
Old 14th January 2007, 13:03   #83
BHPian

Its anytime now. Everyone is having test drive now. First saw it on CNBC now on The Hindu Business Line : Fill it up with diesel
Old 14th January 2007, 14:17   #84
BHPian

Great News. But if its a sourcing from Fiat, why isn't Fiat using JTDs in it's cars over here? Palio is about to come in a new avtar. Maybe then?
How about Palio sourcing the petrol engines from Suzuki - for the better mileage in a good smart car !
Old 14th January 2007, 15:50   #85
BHPian

Swift Petrol Discount!

Gift Cheque Rs 20,000 is giving away from 1 dec 06 to 31 January 07 Swift Petrol, so i don't think wait till end of feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I Dont think Swift Petrol will be its next victim, I feel it will be Indica Turbo/Indigo/Logan. Come feb and the new budget swift petrol will qualify for the excise sop of 8% and they will reduce the price by another 25 K. I wonder what will happen to the zen estilo and Wagon R.
Old 14th January 2007, 15:57   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
Great News. But if its a sourcing from Fiat, why isn't Fiat using JTDs in it's cars over here? Palio is about to come in a new avtar. Maybe then?
How about Palio sourcing the petrol engines from Suzuki - for the better mileage in a good smart car !
Palio is still a very heavy car, compared to the lighter suzuki's... FE wont imprive much that way...
Old 14th January 2007, 16:08   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
Thats good. I have been waiting for a good diesel cat that is powerful and good looking too...
Any idea about the launch of the GYPSY Diesel.. I am looking to grab the first one that comes out..
Old 14th January 2007, 16:52   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
Any idea about the launch of the GYPSY Diesel.. I am looking to grab the first one that comes out..

Thats a new one...

We had rumours of Swift deisel, wagonR diesel (Thread dead now), estilo diesel, baleno diesel, and even SX4 diesel...

But... Gypsy diesel is going to come too???
Old 14th January 2007, 17:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

Read in Mumbai Mirror yesterday that CEO of Suzuki Japan will be coming to India for the opening of Maruti's diesel engine plant and that he will also launch the Swift D towards the end of February.
Old 14th January 2007, 17:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

OT:

Mods think title of the thread needs a change,Until there any confirmations on swift launch date.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks