Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2007, 10:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
According to what I heard, the entry level swift diesel is going to be priced at least 50K more than the petrol ZXI.This is to avoid cannibalising the petrol variants
Petrol ZXI is priced at Rs. 5.87L OTR Mumbai (ACI December 06) which means the diesel's price will be Rs. 6.37L. Question is will this price be for the Vxi or the Zxi diesel? Also, remember that the diesel variants will not be as well-equipped as the petrol ones.
Old 9th January 2007, 11:00   #47
BHPian

Can we expect any cosmetic/design changes too on new swift ..
Old 9th January 2007, 21:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

it seems they have placed white swifts in all the maruti showrooms here in hyd.. just now checked out the maruti showroom near my house(kbr one) there was indeed an white swift parked inside which wasnt there in the evening..guess they put it before closing the showroom.. will check it out tomo(couldnt now as it was closed) and confrim if it's the diesel.. take care..
Old 9th January 2007, 22:25   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
I recieved call today from CHITTOSHO MOTOR, Mohali that swift diesel will be available on display on wednesday. Swift will probably be launched on Tuesday.
Finally... wednesday is almost here...

Am going to Maruti showroom 2moro noon, to check out if this is true...
Old 9th January 2007, 22:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

I checked , Kolkata dealers seemingly dont even want to divulge launch date even if what it appears from this forum that it will be launched tomorrow. God knows whats the secrecy about, are they launching a nuclear missile, all they are doing is picking up a diesel engine from some eshtablished engine manufacturer and plonking it into a a thing with 4-wheels. Tomorrow if they say the same I am going to go there and call CHITTOSHO motors and watch their expression!!
Old 9th January 2007, 23:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share a news with you all. I recieved call today from CHITTOSHO MOTOR, Mohali that swift diesel will be available on display on wednesday. Swift will probably be launched on Tuesday. If I am not wrong, Maruti usually launches thier vehicles on tuesdays. The bookings will start from wednesday itself. Anyother info has not been provided but price is expected to be around 50k to 60k up from thier respective petrol versions.
suzuki has announced the launch of their nissan collaborated 1.3 ltr crdi platform engine for their swift. this will be a great engine. and as we all know 2007 will see a great deal of new gen diesel engines from all top carmakers, including the gm, however i still wonder why the hell cant the toyota fits its innova engine to its corolla and give skoda a taste of its own medicine. toyota wake up, india calling,loud and clear.

Hisham
Old 10th January 2007, 00:58   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishamkabir View Post
suzuki has announced the launch of their nissan collaborated 1.3 ltr crdi platform engine for their swift. this will be a great engine. and as we all know 2007 will see a great deal of new gen diesel engines from all top carmakers, including the gm, however i still wonder why the hell cant the toyota fits its innova engine to its corolla and give skoda a taste of its own medicine. toyota wake up, india calling,loud and clear.

Hisham
Few corrections...

Its not Nissan collaborated... its FIAT's engine...

Its not 1.3L CRDi... Its 1.3L JTD.. or DDiS as Suzuki calls it...
Old 10th January 2007, 01:08   #53
BHPian

Awesome, if its around 40-50k more than the petrol, i would be going in for this (as of now have three options - the U-VA/Swift/Getz)
Would be calling the dealers tomorrow morning
Old 10th January 2007, 12:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Finally... wednesday is almost here...

Am going to Maruti showroom 2moro noon, to check out if this is true...
Well..its Wednesday now, anyone has some news??

There was nothing in the ToI or Economic times about Tuesday launch....seems like a rumor.
Old 10th January 2007, 18:11   #55
BHPian

before feb

Might be next tuesday or Jan 26th... we should be able to make booking/delivery in feb. Am just waiting for it... keeping my fingers crossed... I hope if it's not too over priced atleast they will disk out a bit more discounts on petrol and I can make hay ;-)
Old 11th January 2007, 13:03   #56
BHPian

Guys this is what I saw just now.

Maruti Udyog [COLOR=#0000ff](Q[/COLOR], [COLOR=#0000ff]N[/COLOR],[COLOR=#0000ff]C[/COLOR],[COLOR=#0000ff]F)[/COLOR]* is set to launch the new diesel Swift soon at an aggressive ex-showroom (Delhi) price of Rs 4.5 lakh, reports Business Standard.

Swift D will be powered by a 1.3 litre Fiat multijet engine, manufactured at the company`s factory at Manesar in Haryana.

The company discontinued its two diesel models, Zen D and Esteem D, which had imported diesel engines, last year. But with the Manesar plant up, Maruti plans to make a splash in this segment.

Although diesel vehicles currently account for 30% of the 1.2 million sold in India, the share is expected to climb to 45% of the projected 2 million market by 2010.

The Swift D will come at a higher price than the current petrol models, the Swift LXi is available at Rs 3.99 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi and is being seen as an attractive buy for customers.

This is sensational 4.5 Lakhs I guess even Logan/Indigo will have some competion
Old 11th January 2007, 13:58   #57
BWN
BHPian

diesel market is hotting up.... Wowo.... wonderfull time ahead... I read an article in rediff (Maruti Swift to climb onto diesel bandwagon) but it dosnt say anything about the Ps ratings of the new JTD.but i am sure it must be somewhere around 70 PS to get good performance... and oodles of torque.
Old 11th January 2007, 14:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

This is the link to the full article on business standard.

Companies & Industry
Old 11th January 2007, 16:23   #59
BHPian

4.5L ?? I think swift petrol will be its first victim!!... I believe Maruti has a winner again.... they have a knack of pricing it to perfection!
Old 11th January 2007, 17:03   #60
BHPian

I Dont think Swift Petrol will be its next victim, I feel it will be Indica Turbo/Indigo/Logan. Come feb and the new budget swift petrol will qualify for the excise sop of 8% and they will reduce the price by another 25 K. I wonder what will happen to the zen estilo and Wagon R.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks