Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2020, 14:09   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

BMW 3Series Gran Turismo Shadow Edition launched in India, priced at Rs 42.50 lakhs ex-showroom

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-20200819_140417.jpg

It is available in limited units. Comes with black exterior elements to make it look sporty.

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-20200819_140425.jpg

Some of the features include ambient lights, panoramic sunroof, universal wireless charger, 8.7-inch touchscreen infotainment, 3D Maps, Park Distance Control, Rear View Camera, etc. Powered by a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbo petrol motor producing 252 HP & 350 Nm and 8-speed automatic transmission.

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-20200819_140429.jpg

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-20200819_140432.jpg

https://twitter.com/bmwindia/status/...826608640?s=19

Source : MotorBeam

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th August 2020 at 14:15.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 15:38   #197
BHPian

Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
BMW 3Series Gran Turismo Shadow Edition launched in India, priced at Rs 42.50 lakhs ex-showroom

It is available in limited units. Comes with black exterior elements to make it look sporty.
This seems like final attempt to clear all the stocks before retiring the 3GT series.
The ex-showroom price has dropped (a couple of my friends own 3GT M-Sport for 55+Lakhs on road in Bangalore in 2017-18) and I myself purchased 3GT 330i MSport for 49.5 Lakhs (after a massive discount in Jan 2019).

I absolutely love my 3GT and will hold onto it for as long as possible, though the audio system is a bummer, and audio upgrade is very expensive.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 13:22   #198
BHPian

I need some suggestion for a dashcam for the 3 G20. BMW has Advanced Car Eye 2.0 for 51k which obviously comes with peace of mind but of-course is not very feature rich / technologically inferior compared to a Blackvue for example. I am more inclined towards Advanced Car Eye due to the peace of mind factor but looks very low VFM.
Old 22nd September 2020, 15:29   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshb View Post
I am more inclined towards Advanced Car Eye due to the peace of mind factor but looks very low VFM.
I'm also on the lookout for my 3. Let me know how it goes? The BMW one should be half the current price, to be frank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Is this information confirmed? Could you share any more details if you have as i am in the market for a new car right now.
Rumoured, yes. But to be brought in as a CBU which will make it stratospheric in price.

BMW is already asking for 83L ex-showroom for the M2C & 159L ex-showroom for the M5C. It may cannibalize the latter.

So will they bring it to India & will it sell at such crazy prices?
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 17:12   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need some suggestion for a dashcam for the 3 G20. BMW has Advanced Car Eye 2.0 for 51k which obviously comes with peace of mind but of-course is not very feature rich / technologically inferior compared to a Blackvue for example. I am more inclined towards Advanced Car Eye due to the peace of mind factor but looks very low VFM.
Blackvue blows Advanced Car Eye 2.0 out of the water. The video quality on the latter just isn't up to the mark in low-light conditions, and as you rightly mentioned it isn't exactly feature rich either.

I have this in my F30, and couldn't be happier with it: Blackvue 900s dual channel

Now obviously you can't go and install the Blackvue without the BMW guys throwing up a stink about your warranty being kaput. Advanced Car Eye is your only move in that scenario, but at 50k it's way too expensive. I personally wouldn't go for it, and instead bide my time till the warranty runs out to install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
M340 will come, that's for sure. And from whatever I know, BMW has a plan to price it competitively. It will be a full-loaded model, most likely in X-Drive. It will be cheaper than M2-C. Given the assembly infrastructure for 3-series, don't be surprised if they get Kits and assemble it here.
Much as the head says not to believe you at all, the heart wants to believe this, so you're now firmly in the top tier of auto journalists for me. I really hope what you say comes to pass, it would be a brilliant upgrade from a 2.0 turbo petrol.

Last edited by iliketurtles : 22nd September 2020 at 17:14.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 13:57   #201
BHPian

Quote:
I need some suggestion for a dashcam for the 3 G20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Blackvue blows Advanced Car Eye 2.0 out of the water.
True. Blackvue is out of the box. There is no problem of warranty. The hard wiring to fuse box can be removed without trace. As such service guys dont give a damn unless you are claiming related repair or warranty replacement. If you still want safe, don't use hard wire, let it be plug and play from 12V socket. No one can contest any warranty issue here.
In USA, these stuff are installed by dealer as well.

Incase, you are buying Blackvue, just remember the upgraded versions for both of its high end products- 750 & 900 have just been released. It's called 750X and 900X. You can buy from Blackvue singapore website incase Amazon US is not delivery to India at present.

The other good dashcam is Thinkware 800 pro.

Last edited by Wanderers : 23rd September 2020 at 13:59.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 14:31   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
If you still want safe, don't use hard wire, let it be plug and play from 12V socket. No one can contest any warranty issue here.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't that mean you lose the parking mode assuming you unplug it from the 12v socket when leaving the car overnight? And if you leave it plugged in, you risk major battery drain. Using Blackvue's Power Magic Pro seems the only way around this for optimal batter management (assuming you want to use parking mode).
Old 23rd September 2020, 14:42   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't that mean you lose the parking mode assuming you unplug it from the 12v socket when leaving the car overnight? .
The newer blackvue X series has in built battery voltage regulator so you don't need external accessories like power magic pro. As long as you have power supply the parking mode will work.

The 12V socket will switch off after some time due to car battery saver so for parking mode you need to either hard wire it or buy batterypack. Batterypack is really good and I would suggest same as it will never switch off unless you want nor it has risk of battery drain. You can charge battery at home as well and keep replacing if you want extended period parking without using the car.

BMW advance eye 1.0 had no option of parking mode beyond 12 hrs not sure about 2.0.
Thinkware dashcam also has inbuilt battery voltage regulator.

Last edited by Wanderers : 23rd September 2020 at 14:45.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:34   #204
BHPian

Quote:
I ended up getting the Advanced Car Eye 2.0 for the peace of mind, right before a trip from Gurgaon to Pushkar and back a few weeks ago (around 800 kms) and here is my feedback:

- Consciously bought this even though there were other better options around
- The installation was quite well done with minimal visible wires
- The G sensor is quite sensitive and records anything which is not the usual
- The crappiest thing is that I can't connect to the ACE device if I have carplay running which is like always. I need to make extra effort to connect to the ACE device by disconnecting CarPlay and this is a huge bummer to be honest.
- I have not tried taking out the SD Card and reading it from a PC yet so can't comment on that front, but I have seen the videos via the iPhone App and the resolution looks alright to me.
- It cost me 49k in all

Here are a couple of pictures.

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-img_7666.jpg

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-img_7665.jpg

Mod Note: Our BMW 330i Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 27th October 2020 at 14:45. Reason: Adding link to review
animeshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks