Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2020, 18:44   #301
BHPian

re: Ford to end independent operations in India; will hold 49% in JV with Mahindra

There’s is news of Mahindra wanting to give up Ssang Yong
Source Reuters
Quote:
Indian automaker Mahindra seeks to give up control of struggling unit SsangYong

“SsangYong needs a new investor. We are working with the company to see if we can secure investment,” Pawan Goenka told reporters.

“If a new investor comes on board, that automatically takes our stake down, or they may even buy our stake,” Mahindra’s deputy managing director, Anish Shah said.

Mahindra Ford JV is slowed down
Quote:
Mahindra, which entered into a joint venture with U.S. automaker Ford Motor last year, said the pandemic had delayed the completion of merger formalities between the two companies but they continued to work together under the new alliance.

Last edited by arvindmanju : 12th June 2020 at 18:49.
Old 12th June 2020, 18:49   #302
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford to end independent operations in India; will hold 49% in JV with Mahindra

Mods, I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this. Please move this post to the correct forum if there is one on this topic.

VW and Ford collaboration details revealed - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...e-plans-417601
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 19:04   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Mods, I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this. Please move this post to the correct forum if there is one on this topic.

VW and Ford collaboration details revealed - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...e-plans-417601
It is more to do with JV on EV vehicles, as mentioned in the article India strategy will have no effect of this
Quote:
Not expected to affect either company’s plans for the Indian market
Old 12th June 2020, 19:10   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
It is more to do with JV on EV vehicles, as mentioned in the article India strategy will have no effect of this
I know that it has very little to do with the Indian strategy. However, there may be a chance of a FORD & VW JV Electric that may be launched in the Indian Market too, since the Aspire & KUV1OO based products are mass-market whereas something from this JV may be in the premium segment.

Thanks,
Akashdeep
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 12:12   #305
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up this (slightly) old thread!

Are existing Ford owners seeing any visible after-effects of this JV? From what I've been hearing, there are instances of Ford dealerships closing down and owners being directed to M&M service centers. Is this true?
Old 14th October 2020, 13:28   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Bumping up this (slightly) old thread!

Are existing Ford owners seeing any visible after-effects of this JV? From what I've been hearing, there are instances of Ford dealerships closing down and owners being directed to M&M service centers. Is this true?
Don’t know about servicing in Mahindra service stations but dealerships are definitely shutting down. Only one service centre is left for Mumbai folks others in Navi Mumbai and Thane side.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 14:51   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Don’t know about servicing in Mahindra service stations but dealerships are definitely shutting down. Only one service centre is left for Mumbai folks others in Navi Mumbai and Thane side.
In Mumbai, we have Bhavna Kalina, Rudraa in Mira Road, one in Thane and Bhavna in Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
That's all
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 14:54   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Don’t know about servicing in Mahindra service stations but dealerships are definitely shutting down
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
In Mumbai, we have Bhavna Kalina, Rudraa in Mira Road, one in Thane and Bhavna in Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
That's all
Sales will continue I am sure. How about after-sales experience i.e. service et al? Any issues with the same?
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 15:17   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Sales will continue I am sure. How about after-sales experience i.e. service et al? Any issues with the same?
I haven't had any issues. The dealership infact called me couple of weeks back for servicing my Fiesta.
Avinash_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 19:03   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
I haven't had any issues. The dealership infact called me couple of weeks back for servicing my Fiesta.
Same here (I'm Faridabad, Haryana), although one of the dealer has shut operations around 1.5-2 years ago, but that was a case of 3 dealers within 15 Kms in the region.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd November 2020 at 08:33. Reason: Typo.
CARDEEP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 11:55   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Same here (I'm Faridabad, Haryana), although one of the dealer has shut operations around 1.5-2 years ago, but that was a case of 3 dealers within 15 Kms in the region.
Thanks for your inputs. This leads me to believe that the JV is more to do with future product development and should not have an impact on after-sales support for Ford products. Ford owners - please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Old 15th October 2020, 12:02   #312
BHPian

Business is as usual with two dealerships & their multiple service centers in Kolkata.

Warranty claims are honoured & spare availability isn't any issue either.

Just got major suspension warranty under EW for my Aspire, refer here -> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4895331 (Ford Aspire : Official Review)

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 00:06   #313
BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't see any effects of the JV on Ford dealership/service operations atleast here in Bhubaneswar. Infact a new dealership opened up last year. I had my Ecosport's 3rd service in June this year and also went for an issue checkup few weeks back. Both times I felt like business as usual in the service center and was satisfied with the service
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:43   #314
BHPian

If there could also be a marazzo plus(like the tuv300 plus) with the 2.2L mHawk, along with the ford version, these siblings can grab a big share from the atrociously priced Innova monopoly.

Mods, please move the post to the new Ford's Marazzo thread.

Last edited by Benoit : 3rd November 2020 at 12:13. Reason: Post not moved to new thread
Old 19th November 2020, 12:04   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

For South Mumbai and Suburbs folks,

Had got a call from Ford yesterday stating that to service your Ford the nearest service centre now is Rudra or Satyam Ford in Thane. No mention of Bhavna Ford?

Can anyone confirm whether Bhavna Ford is still operational?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks