Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2019, 09:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover

Absolutely repulsive design, what on earth is Hyundai design team thinking? They had got their act together with the earlier generation of fluidic designs (the earlier i20, Verna, Tuscon and even the Santa Fe), but with the current generation, they are veering more and more towards over-designing new releases.

The Venue's front grille looks similarly blingy and completely hideous (at least from what is visible in the spy pics), and now this design is wrong at so many levels. The present Creta is still OK (though the pre facelift version was much cleaner), but this ix25 is really ugly.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 09:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
I haven't seen any other manufacturer who has such wild mood swings when it comes to design. On one hand they have come up with a smashing looking Sonata and on the other, have managed to spoil the classy design of the existing Creta.
You sir, most elegantly summed up Hyundai's current design philosophy.Also, weirdly enough, Hyundai now seems to be taking design inspirations from pokemons for their cars. The next gen Elantra's front end looks like an angry Voltorb. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.
Dr.Mechanic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 09:58   #33
BHPian

Somehow just not understanding this design language from Hyundai. When this at the top DRL design first came out in the Mahindra Nuvo Sport, I was sure it was a mistake, but surprisingly everyone from Tata, MG and now even Hyundai have adopted the same.

Also, the massive centre console touchscreen is no doubt a step ahead in tech but a step back in convenience and usability. It forces the driver to actually take his/her eyes off the road to look at exactly which button/part of the touch panel in this case is being tapped.

The steering though is something that I always adored, its being picked up straing from Hyundai's 3 door hatchback, the Veloster. Much more excited to see the Venue unveil today
Old 17th April 2019, 10:00   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope this will be a concept and they would come up with a more cleaner design. Yes, it will have the front similar to the Harrier and the Hector, but hope it will be more subtle (looks like all their new SUV's will feature this design language). This one is screaming a lot of design elements and looks terrible especially the front grille.

The rear which seems to be similar to the Porsche (light bar) looks terrible with that split rear lights.

Hyundai did this in the past. They came up with some neat designs and messed it in 2010-11 when they introduced the Verna Transform and the Santa Fe. Then when the fluidic design was introduced, they got it right. And now they are repeating the same old mistake of coming up with weird designs.

I am so happy that the first gen Creta has a clean and subtle design.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 10:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Good Job Hyundai, you have managed to make a rather handsome vehicle, exceedingly ugly.

That front grill looks like the backside of my split AC's outside unit.

And rear looks like an ameo reversed into a porsche carrera.
There an AC like thing on the rear bumper too.
I totally agree with you. I am not a big fan of this new design language where the headlamp is placed in the bumper. When Tata intially came out with this design in the harrier, it was still acceptable, but after seeing the Hyundai Venue, I thought it couldn't get any worse. Now however, I stand corrected by the Hyundai creta. Absolutely ugly IMHO. (To each his own)
A.M. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 10:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

2020 Creta Walkaround

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 10:36   #37
BHPian

Rather than having sharp edges, they managed to roll the edges and make it look even ugly & curvy. Though interiors look slick and modern.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 11:41   #38
BHPian

Quirky exteriers would invite polarising reactions. Car looks odd to my eyes. Though I found dashboard very interesting.
Old 17th April 2019, 11:42   #39
BHPian

I am not a fan of so much glass in the cockpit area. It takes away the ability to differentiate the dash from other cars. Gradually car interiors are beginning to resemble each other. Physical controls - their form and placement gave a distinct character to each car which is now getting diluted with one giant touch screen incorporating all controls.

The touch controls themselves are an annoyance unlike the physical buttons and knobs which one can reach and operate even with eyes on the road. Not a great trend IMO.

Last edited by Malyaj : 17th April 2019 at 11:45. Reason: Added some content for clarity
Malyaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 12:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

I am sure this is China specific model. They will for sure simplify the design for India, both exterior and interior.

I don't think we will get that large waterfall type touchscreen, which IMO looks too big for its interiors.
If this goes on, we will one day have LED/LCD panels in front of us as windscreen ,with cameras giving us live feed!
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 12:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post

The touch controls themselves are an annoyance unlike the physical buttons and knobs which one can reach and operate even with eyes on the road. Not a great trend IMO.
Exactly. The form factor of knobs and push buttons and their curves are really useful and important when operating them while driving. It offers lesser distraction to our eyes by leveraging muscle memory.

Also the clever and creative placement of the buttons and their distinctive backlighting is what makes the car unique and special from one another!
Old 17th April 2019, 12:53   #42
BHPian

In one word: UGLY. I really like the design of the existing creta. Hyundai has really messed up the design with this one. I hope they don't launch this version here in India.

PS: I liked the interiors though.

Cheers.
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 13:41   #43
BHPian

Strangely, the headlamps and taillamps cluster design looks to me as if inspired from the Japanese Katakana alphabets!

2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover-screenshot_2019041713332701.jpeg

2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover-2020hyundaicretadebutlaunchpriceindiasuv201.jpeg

2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover-2020hyundaicretadebutlaunchpriceindiasuv701.jpeg
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 13:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
In one word: UGLY. I really like the design of the existing creta. Hyundai has really messed up the design with this one. I hope they don't launch this version here in India.

PS: I liked the interiors though.

Cheers.
Exactly my thoughts - there's hardly anything likeable in that exterior design.
Slightly tweaked current Creta (why fix if it ain't broken, eh!) with the drool-worthy interiors from this ix25 would be an awesome package but somehow I get the feeling that it would be the other way around for the price sensitive Indian market

PS - Hyundai has achieved a first with those weird looking head n tail light clusters, they are exactly the same design (shape n size both)

Last edited by r0nit7 : 17th April 2019 at 13:47. Reason: Added PS.
Old 17th April 2019, 14:49   #45
BHPian

I thought only Ford is working on an alliance with Mahindra. Has Hyundai beat Ford to the race?
gopalnt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks