Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2022, 17:06   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Mahindra Scorpio spotted with a normal sunroof!

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-m.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-m3.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-m1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th January 2022 at 17:09.
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 20:01   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio spy shots reveal headlight setup.

Quote:
the fog lamps on the Scorpio will come powered by halogen bulbs and not LEDs.
Quote:
spy shot below shows the partially-revealed tail lamp on the right side. The Scorpio will offer LED tail lamps.
Quote:
spy shots also revealed the presence of two separate LED DRL units; one on the fog lamp housing and one on the main headlamp unit.
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-m1.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-m2.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-m3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:47   #408
Senior - BHPian

New Mahindra Scorpio spotted testing in extreme weather conditions of Manali.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220109214421_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220109214344_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220109214326_instagram.jpg

Name:  SmartSelect_20220109214534_Instagram.gif
Views: 1456
Size:  4.81 MB

Source : MotorBeam

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th January 2022 at 21:50.
Venkatesh is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 22:55   #409
BHPian

Are these the same scorpio ? I saw these during Christmas around Madras

Shyam
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-pxl_20211226_111125590.jpg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-pxl_20211226_111123153.jpg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-pxl_20211226_111123999.jpg  

shyamk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 00:13   #410
BHPian

And here is a video I happened to hit on YouTube. Looks like a test of the Hill Descent Control (or off-road test in general).

msarunms1987 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 16:50   #411
BHPian

The car looks like an amalgamation of XUV300 and Tata Safari Dicor from different angles in the pictures and video. Atleast in my opinion, the proportions give this a more MUV-like look rather than the rugged, SUV look of the current generation Scorpio.

The sun-roof also looks smaller for the size of the car. Unless there are great upgrades internally, people might continue to buy the current generation version.

Last edited by karavadi143 : 14th January 2022 at 16:51.
karavadi143 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 23:19   #412
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karavadi143 View Post
The car looks like an amalgamation of XUV300 and Tata Safari Dicor from different angles in the pictures and video. Atleast in my opinion, the proportions give this a more MUV-like look rather than the rugged, SUV look of the current generation Scorpio.

The sun-roof also looks smaller for the size of the car. Unless there are great upgrades internally, people might continue to buy the current generation version.
I won't comment on your comments on the looks of the Z101 as looks are subjective. BUT, you ought to be kidding when comparing the Z101 here to the death trap on wheels which the existing Scorpio is. The only reason the Scorpio still sells is because there are just no alternatives available for the kind of use-cases the present generation is being used to fill. The existing car has driving dynamics of a duck, has interior space rivalling the Alto's and the Celerio's of the world and will kill you if you crash into anything your size.

ANY car would be better than the present car. The Z101 is supposed to be based on the new Thar. If the Thar is anything to go by, this is going to be light years ahead of the existing Scorpio in any and every aspect. Unless they start the concurrently selling the existing Scorpio in a stripped down bare-bones avatar at an atrociously low price (8-9L), no one is going to be sad to see the existing car go.

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 14th January 2022 at 23:20.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 13:00   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
I won't comment on your comments on the looks of the Z101 as looks are subjective. BUT, you ought to be kidding when comparing the Z101 here to the death trap on wheels which the existing Scorpio is. The only reason the Scorpio still sells is because there are just no alternatives available for the kind of use-cases the present generation is being used to fill. The existing car has driving dynamics of a duck, has interior space rivalling the Alto's and the Celerio's of the world and will kill you if you crash into anything your size.

ANY car would be better than the present car. The Z101 is supposed to be based on the new Thar. If the Thar is anything to go by, this is going to be light years ahead of the existing Scorpio in any and every aspect. Unless they start the concurrently selling the existing Scorpio in a stripped down bare-bones avatar at an atrociously low price (8-9L), no one is going to be sad to see the existing car go.
sierrabravo98,
I like what you said about Z101 being another game changer vehicle from Mahindra.
But since (latest gen) 2015 Scorpio is being my daily drive, I must respectfully disagree. Surely, the interiors are nothing but an expanded wagon R yet the car is not all that bad for the purpose it serves.

Driven the way, a Scorpio should be driven it is very nimble and rather fun, but with typical body on frame character.
I have driven all iterations of Scorpio from Gen 1 to this latest one. Slight improvements each time but the suspension was given a big overhaul in 2014. It made a big difference. It removed the boat like swaying, brought body roll under manageable levels and overall improved the dynamics.
Then 2017 version just brought out more power. 120 to 140 bhp.

Yes, I do agree any new driver, not used to Scorpio might feel jittery but once driven a day or two in different conditions, getting used to it is easy.

The improvements I am looking for are the following.
1. Better interior quality of materials, more ergonomic.
2. Less bumpy ride at low speed.
3. Better space management for the middle row.
4. ADAS.

I hope the new Scorpio is a mile muncher and given the improvements in Indian road infrastructure with expressways all across our great country, I feel adaptive cruise control will serve its due greatly.
I have used it quite extensively so I say.

Last edited by fazalmirza : 16th January 2022 at 13:08.
fazalmirza is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 18:54   #414
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Just as I had promised at the start of this year, here's latest round of info on the upcoming all new Scorpio.

1. The new Scorpio will be lighter than the older one by somewhere between 100-150 kg. Mahindra engineers were able to shave off approximately 50 kg because of the extra time they got during the pandemic.

2. Just like the XUV700 has got a far lighter steering than the XUV500, the new Scorpio will also get a similar lighter steering than the current Scorpio. Though it will not be as light as the XUV700 as it's still hydraulically assisted.

3. One can be assured about the GNCAP performance of the new Scorpio which is an easy 4 star achiever. Mahindra can make it a 5 star one but most likely will stop short so as not to increase costs.

4. Mahindra may launch the same 3D Sony sound system as the XUV700 in the new Scorpio but the speaker count is likely to be capped at 6 or 8.

5. The 4×4 system on the new Scorpio will be an evolved and updated version of Thar's system but it will be tuned for better on road abilities. Same system will make it to Thar once the Scorpio gets launched.

6. Talking about the 4×4 system, it will be a shift on the fly setup and will have a rotary switch instead of a lever to change off-road modes.

7. According to my sources, Mahindra has chosen a tan/burgundy colored shade for the leather seats for the new Scorpio. Don't know the exact shade. Will update as and when I get concrete info.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.

P.S. More exciting scoops on the XUV700 will be shared tomorrow evening. So keep an eye on that thread.
ram87pune is online now   (62) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 23:04   #415
BHPian

Thanks ram87pune for such excellent updates!
Do you have any update regarding the launch timeline?
We are in the market for a new SUV for my dad and we can not wait to get our hands on the New Scorpio!
Thank you!
911CarerraS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 23:56   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.
5. The 4×4 system on the new Scorpio will be an evolved and updated version of Thar's system but it will be tuned for better on road abilities. Same system will make it to Thar once the Scorpio gets launched.
The articulation of the new Thar is poorer than the old Thar to improve its on-road behavior. Here M&M wants to improve the on-road behavior of the new Scorpio even more. Hope they do not compromise on the articulation, & that they use more advance electronics to aid the on-road behavior!
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 00:48   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
ANY car would be better than the present car. The Z101 is supposed to be based on the new Thar.
Why does it sell so well for 20 years if ANY car is better?! Makes you wonder isn't it, it was not the only vehicle of its kind for the most part. You have a separate thread on our forum to read and find out.

And you are going to be disappointed to find out that Thar is based on current Scorpio, it is a Scorpio wearing different clothes that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
The articulation of the new Thar is poorer than the old Thar to improve its on-road behavior. Here M&M wants to improve the on-road behavior of the new Scorpio even more. Hope they do not compromise on the articulation, & that they use more advance electronics to aid the on-road behavior!
Inherent problem of the 3rd gen Scorpio platform/ chassis. Scorpio from 2014 onwards , TUV etc have less rear axle articulation and will need an MLD.

Last edited by Kosfactor : 22nd January 2022 at 00:54.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 11:24   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio spied again!

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-3.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 08:41   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

New Scorpio in spy pics again and again...

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 20:22   #420
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here's some latest info on the upcoming all new Scorpio.

1. Since the launch of the Scorpio is delayed by almost a year, Mahindra has done some changes to its design with the help of Pratap Bose. He has changed some curves and creases on the exterior plus some changes have recently been made to the dimensions of the black border surrounding the rear windscreen.

2. According to my sources, even though this is an all new Scorpio, the ergonomics and shoulder room have not seen vast improvements over the earlier Scorpio. These two were one of the major grouses in the interior of the older Scorpio.

3. Similarly overall NVH levels also won't see a huge jump as compared to the current Scorpio even though it shares its engines with the XUV700.

4. The driver's seating position is said to be even more imposing than the current Scorpio and the new generation model will also carry the same tough and indestructible feel forward.

5. The gear lever is made stubbier than the current Scorpio and it also won't do a crazy dance routine during starting and shutting off the engine which is typical of most BOF vehicles.

6. The interiors of the all new Scorpio will see a huge improvement over the current model but soft touch plastics are only given at very few places in the interior.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is online now   (34) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks