Team-BHP - The most timeless car designs ever...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The most timeless car designs ever... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/210055-most-timeless-car-designs-ever-10.html)

Forgot to add one of my favorite:

McLaren F1
The most timeless car designs ever...-f1.jpg

I think the Chevrolet Beat which was available in India need a mention here. It was one of the most futuristic looking small cars in its time with the cool console, also seen in the "Transformers" movie. Its busy design looks fresh still IMO.

Here goes my list (Not in any particular order) ::)

1. The FIAT Egea
2. The W123
3. The Contessa.
4. Tata Sierra.

The images are from random search from the internet and all rights/ credits remain with the original owners/ posters.

Agreed with BHPians on the Zen, especially the Carbon edition. I couldn't take my eyes off this well-maintained one with fatter tyres. A 30-year old design that still looks absolutely terrific :thumbs up.

The most timeless car designs ever...-20200301-12.25.18.jpg

So many decades since introduction, and still a breathtakingly beautiful car. Looks as good as any 2020 sports car.

The most timeless car designs ever...-lamborghini_countach__flickr__exfordy_2.jpg
Source

The Fiesta Classic is a real classy design. Will complete 15 years shortly :D
Had the Zen too for quiet a few years(14), another classic. Will check if I have any pics of the car with me.

Jeep @ 80!! Cant get better than that! VW/Skoda cars come second - timeless beauties and solid build as well to easily last a decade or two!

My third would be Pajero SFX!

For me it's the old Skoda Octavia. With its clean and straight lines, it's still a looker in my eyes even after almost two decades. The stance of this car is always an enthralling sight.

India
The most timeless car designs ever...-masinagudi2007.jpg

The Josh Machine- Ford iKon: My childhood favourite; still looks classy and relevant after all these years.

The most timeless car designs ever...-img_9059.jpg

Skoda Rapid

The most timeless car designs ever...-293204carsfiatlinea748x468.jpg

Fiat Linea

International
The most timeless car designs ever...-maseratighibliserviceguideimage.jpg

Maserati Ghibli

The most timeless car designs ever...-2003hondas2000highqualitywallpaper.jpg

Honda S2000

The most timeless car designs ever...-240sx.jpg

Nissan 240SX

The most timeless car designs ever...-astonmartindb92008metallicgraywallpaperpreview.jpg

Aston Martin DB9

The most timeless car designs ever...-31tkzmd.jpg

The Beast - Mercedes McLaren SLR

Second GTO there, Countach is one of the better designed cars. Still looks drop dead amazing after nearly 45 years. And I can say with certainty that will will continue to look breathtaking another half a century down the line.

The most timeless car designs ever...-lamborghinicountach25thanniversaryeditionsilverfrontview_o.jpg

It came out in 1974. Still blows my mind

Here is My List of Cars that i Consider have Timeless Designs.

HM Contessa
Premier Padmini 118NE
Tata Sierra
Tata Safari
Mahindra Classic
First Generation Honda City
Old Skoda Octavia
Honda Civic 2006-2012
Mercedes Benz W126
Mercedes Benz W124

My entry to this list - Lamborghini Miura :)

Here are mine:

Lexus LX
The most timeless car designs ever...-download-1.jpg

Mercedes E-class
The most timeless car designs ever...-download.jpg

Lincoln Navigator
The most timeless car designs ever...-images.jpg

My personal favourites

1. Alfa Romeo GTA

2. Porsche 356 A

As long as I can remember, our country never got the best looking cars that are available in other markets owing to many factors i.e, Government Policies, market maturity, Price sensitive market, customers happy with Tin can cars obsessed with mileage and A.S.S only ( many from maruti suzuki stable), Ugly Sedans from stretched hatchbacks, Qualis etc.

Now things have improved a lot and we are getting some really good looking cars from most brands except Toyota you can say.

What are the cars/Vehicles you feel we have had the pleasure of having them on our roads which will always age well no matter what. The Proportions, The Cuts, creases, lines, Tail lamps , Head lamps, Shark fin antennas etc all contributing to the beauty.

Few cars that I can think of are the Chevy Optra, Chevy Cruze, First Gen Jazz, 2nd gen Honda City, Honda Civic, The Ambassador, Hyundai Getz, Maruti Zen , The current gen Mahindra Thar etc

What are your picks!!