Team-BHP - The most timeless car designs ever...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The most timeless car designs ever... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/210055-most-timeless-car-designs-ever-5.html)

For me it is Maruti 800 and Old Zen in their respective white and Silver colors

The most timeless car designs ever...-800_1.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-zen_2.jpg

I love how the design has stayed fresh for the G wagon and bentley continental GT. Lots of heritage carried off till date. Among the affordable cars POLO and Lancer are timeless IMHO.

The most timeless car designs ever...-2017mercedesbenzgclass550suvangularfront.png

The most timeless car designs ever...-bentley-continental-gt.jpg

It's the Lamborghini Estoque for me. I don't know how many times I drooled over those images, and made it my wallpaper.

Well, since timeless designs are being talked about, my list is rather simple:
everything else on the road has started looking old, I mean; even the ones like Elite i20, 2009 City etc, everything else.

But yes, the most timeless design I have ever seen is on this very forum itself. No offense to anyone else, but here is the car that has been my wallpaper too in the past and I still wonder that how the designers actually manage to balance everything so well. This car design is really old, but it still looks equally charming. The BMW of Karan, here is the thread where you can find this beauty:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...e-14-a-11.html

And the car <3
Ahem... Ahem... let's all sit and start drooling guys, this lady will always keep on looking as much charming:
The most timeless car designs ever...-imageuploadedbyteambhp1527697603.706479.jpg

Glad to see my Swift's picture in the opening post :D and that would top my list of favorite designs.

The most timeless car designs ever...-side-2.jpg

Add a subtle mod to it and it would be timeless. Happy to say that my sister still drives one now.

The most timeless car designs ever...-dsc01942-1.jpg

Talking about cars available in India, here are some of my favorites:

1st gen Maruti Zen:
We used to have one and totally loved the quirky center console, something that wasn't a common design. I did spend a lot of time in this car since I learned driving in one.

The most timeless car designs ever...-usedmarutizen.jpg

Opel Astra:
I always wanted one and even pursued my dad to get one. But he wasn't keen on putting his money on a new German brand. There's one near my house that's a daily driver and I still keep drooling at one every time I see.

The most timeless car designs ever...-opelastrasedan.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta:
We have one in our family and the buying decision took a lot of time. We have always loved the designs from VW (we had a vento before) and Jetta's design was loved by all of us. Eventually got one and don't think that will leave us soon.

The most timeless car designs ever...-img20180512wa0026.jpg

1st gen Civic:
Same with VW, the designs of all first gen cars from Honda were timeless (don't have mention the popularity of 1st City). Civic started the trend of futuristic dashboard and it still gels well in 2019.

The most timeless car designs ever...-civictyperspotted_06.jpg

1st gen Safari:
This one kick-started the SUV madness in me (and add that amazing safari ad that fueled my madness even further).

The most timeless car designs ever...-20181103_094726.jpg

The ad still gives me goosebumps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pMIkREluMQ

My grandfather had one and we had a chance to use it for few months. I still remember sitting inside the car for hours and playing around with the stereo.

Of course, I do love many other designs but not listing all.

Coming to the international market, it's been some same old cars that I loved and still do.

1967-68 Ford Mustang:
Right when I laid my eyes on one, I immediately fell in love with it. How can one forget Stevie's car in bullit.

The most timeless car designs ever...-605267.jpg

Lamborghini:
Am a Lamborghini fanboy and I love most of the designs from them (diablo, countach, murcielago, reventon etc). It was something that kids in the 90's used to love and was a perfect bedroom poster.I still retain some scale models from Lamborghini and this was one that was on my Swift's dash.

The most timeless car designs ever...-20130106_114706.jpg

Especially loved the Murcielago SV
The most timeless car designs ever...-2009lamborghinimurcielagosvcoupe.jpg

Jaguar e type:
Can't find anything now that's as beautiful as this

The most timeless car designs ever...-jaguar_etype_series_1_3.8_litre_1961.jpg

Aston Martin:
Topping the list would be the db5 and some of the old models. Here's a DB9

The most timeless car designs ever...-maxresdefault.jpg

My list goes here:

1. Maruti Suzuki Zen (Jellybean)

Name:  Screenshot 20190611 at 5.53.58 PM.png
Views: 3474
Size:  383.1 KB

2. Ford Fiesta 1.6 S

The most timeless car designs ever...-tbhp-fiesta.jpg

3. Skoda Octavia Rs (2018)

The most timeless car designs ever...-octavia.jpeg

4. Tata Safari

The most timeless car designs ever...-tatasafaridicor500x500.jpeg

5. Tata Sierra

The most timeless car designs ever...-tatasierra.jpg

6. VW Polo

The most timeless car designs ever...-tbhp-polo-red.png

well folks we are on Page 5. But where is the timeless queen of all The Bugatti Royale I cannot imagine this group without it. Can someone agree, and post it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4602987)
Aston Martin:
Topping the list would be the db5 and some of the old models. Here's a DB9

This is the picture of a Vanquish, not a DB9

Oh boy, what a sexy compilation! I agree to many entries in this thread, like the HM Ambassador, Maruti Suzuki Gypsy, Mitsubishi Lancer, Range Rover, the 8th gen Honda Civic, Tata Sierra, and the Fiat Palio / Punto. I would like to add a cute little car to this wonderful list, that was never really revered for its performance (relative to the segment), but was definitely a lot of show! The Audi TT, all three generations of it:

First Gen:

The most timeless car designs ever...-18q4b1qr21b6ijpg.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-18q46i34sxpoujpg.jpg

Second Gen:

The most timeless car designs ever...-audi_tt_front_20080722.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-auditt02.jpg

Third Gen:

The most timeless car designs ever...-auditts4starcar.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-auditts03152.jpg

Also, the Jaguar XJ needs a special mention on this list, especially the last two generations.

Jaguar XJ (X350)

The most timeless car designs ever...-r_a_creamer__sons_ltd._jaguar_xj.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-800pxjaguar_xj_2.7_d_x350_facelift__heckansicht_17._april_2011_dsseldorf.jpg

Jaguar XJ (X351)

The most timeless car designs ever...-800pxin_the_boardroom__episode_10__reginald_randall_12303560045.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-800pxjaguar_xj_super_sport_2012_32575742714.jpg

Other notable mentions in my list include the first gen Hyundai Accent, the Škoda Superb, the Mercedes-Benz 300SL and its spiritual successor - the Mercedes-Benz SLS, the Chevrolet Corvette (1966 Sting Ray and 2004 C5), all generations of the Ford Mustang, the Porsche 911 (come on, that has to be here by default :D ), the Dodge Viper SR2, and the Lamborghini Murciélago.

{Photo courtesy: Google Images}

There are so many cars / designs. In my view, timeless designs are as subjective as one' likes/dislikes. Here is my list of cars

1. VW Polo
2. VW Jetta
3. VW Passat 2011 - 2016
4. Audi A6
5. Aston Martin DB5
6. Mercedes Benz W123
7. Tata Safari
8. Innova 2014

Hmm... As I predicted, we pretty much have most cars on the road today in this thread. I agree looks are subjective, but when we have the title saying "most" & "timeless" cars, across eras and generations, I am surprised this thread is where it is now. However, I am very glad the thread doesn't contain a single compact Sedan! But it does contain one compact SUV, though.

Anyway, for reference sake, I tried to compile Indian cars that haven't been mentioned and looks there's not much left now. I don't mean to offend anyone, but just disappointed we are talking about cars like Honda City 3rd Gen, Ford Ecosport etc. here in this thread.

The G-wagon has to be the most timeless design along with Mini and 911 off course. This bad boy is my pick for the timeless design :). It's my screen saver since last 3-4 years if I am not wrong.

The most timeless car designs ever...-2014mercedesbenzg63amg6x6frontmidairjump.jpg

I think the original purpose of this thread has gotten diluted. We can see almost all cars here, ranging from the humble hyundai eon to the iconic F40. I dont think thats the purpose of this thread.

"Timeless design" doesn't mean "my favourite design".
The design has to be extremely simple, with as few strokes of the pen while the designer drew it with pencil and paper. There should be no 'bad angle' to view the car. Most importantly, it should never look "boring", 20 years from when it came out. That way, there are only very few cars :
1. mini
2. mk1 Golf
2. lancia delta integrale
3. jensen interceptor
4. mk1 mazda mx5
5. mitsubishi lancer
6. range rover
7. aston martin db5

all of the above are very very different from each other, yet have the simplest lines. Each one is stunning to look at.

How could we forget the Josh Machine ?

For me, apart from SS308 Maruti 800, Zen 1.0 litre and Mitubishi Lancer that came to India, a list of cars that have timeless designs in my view.
Baleno 1.6, Esteem, Tahoe GMT800, 11th generation F150, LC200, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Mitsubishi Gallant are examples of clean design that ages very gracefully.