Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2019, 12:40   #76
BHPian

re: Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
In the end Hexa is the only reasonably priced competitor to the Crysta.
Theoretically yes. However the market never responded that way. Neither with the Hexa nor with the Aria before it. Agreed, that the dealer attitude did play a huge part in this. but I feel the product also has its shortcomings. Being too heavy and the Crysta being relatively easier to drive, lack of adequate storage space in a vehicle so large and the lack of a large responsive touchscreen with Apple CarPlay in something close to 21L OTR when the smarter competition offers all these in vehicles several segments below were some of the considerations that made me drop the Hexa off the list.

Who knows TML might take a fresh dig at the segment in future with a monocoque platform!
aditya79india is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 14:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

@ aditya79india
We come from a very different category of automotive users, most of our group are either project contractors, or traveling in marketing jobs with huge areas to cover. We buy cars with easy DIY maintenance, and are not bothered about a service network, availability of usable quality spares in the market is the most important fact. Our business takes us on 500-600 km one day trips, or 1000-1200 km two day trips at least once a week, the remaining days need a travel of 50 to 100 km. Our vehicle change over period is easily 5 year 3 lakh km.

If first few of us are happy with a new vehicle most if not every one will follow, and many will buy these in huge numbers. Late 90's every one had Sumo's, later those with lesser budget had Indicas. Come 2005 every one shifted from Sumo to Innova, and Indica to Swift diesel. Around 2012 Dusters and later Terrano came in but were dropped equally fast. Most of the lower budget catagory have shifted from Swift to Ecosport Diesel, Creta or Nexon Amt. The higher budget among us do buy a X3, X5, ML250/ML350 or Q7 but still keep a second Crysta or Endeavor.

For this category these years Maruti products are not even considered, a 5000km service interval is just not practical first Gen Swift diesel never got a replacement in Maruti stables.

Those using Innova do not have a option, Endeavor 2.2 At and Hexa At were the most considered options, some rare few have even taken the Xylo, but its too crude and dated, so is the Storm and again it doesn't have an AT option.
To drive every one finds Hexa AT better than the Crysta, no one finds weight or space a issue. Fortuner, Alturas, even Endeavor etc are way costlier than Crysta. Xylo and TUV300+ are cheaper but not as refined. There is just nothing else in the market.
Hexa was something every one liked, many considered but were initially reluctant in the wait and watch mood due to the Tata name, but now are scared due to this rumor and the dealer attitude.
Do you see any other practical vehicle in this category, those with a bigger pocket than a Ecosport or Nexon, but without the budget for a Crysta or Endeavor have no option other than a compromise like Crysta, Harrier or Hector.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 16:00   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd be surprised if the lack of Apple car play and Android Auto actually dissuades people from buying the Hexa. I mean, does the tail wag the dog? Maybe it does in some cases...

Having seen the lack of comfort especially in the 3rd row in the Crysta, all I'd say is that its resale value is the only clincher that Toyota has undeniably had going for it. Tata's big cars meanwhile depreciate like a stone in water. Through that prism, I can totally see why people would be dissuaded from buying a big budget Tata car. And only through that prism do I also see why a Crysta would be preferred.

Moreover, the prices of new cars have truly gone out of hand in India. We have, what is it, 58% combined GST on new cars? This in itself has contributed to scuttling Tata's flagship vehicle. How many would plonk so much money in a car that's bound to depreciate so heavily?
locusjag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 16:41   #79
BHPian

The biggest drawback with the Hexa is with what is on its grill & steering wheel - Tata. Had it been manufactured by any other manufacturer, maybe it may have got a better response (not that the current one is a total flop, but not a fast seller as well).
IMO, Tata has been excessively brickbatted for it's products, quality, reliability etc, which has translated into lesser trust for the Hexa. We've owned 4 Tata products over the past 20 yrs (Sumo, Indica, Manza & Zest) & covered a cumulative distance of 6 lakh + Km, not once has any product failed or left us stranded. Niggles have been there, yes, but no deal breakers. Contrary to the market sentiment, reliability is what we've come to attribute to Tata.
Tata deserves a fairer outlook from the market, especially since the past 5 yrs when they've launched their latest gen products. Because they're at the forefront when it comes to space, fuel efficiency, performance & vfm. As for the Hexa, I believe it's a superior car to the Innova in every which way. The market just needs to get rid of its dogma & realise this.

Last edited by superbad : 13th July 2019 at 16:43.
superbad is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 17:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

Latest update TML has denined that Hexa is going to be discounted and also same info from insiders.
Old 13th July 2019, 18:13   #81
BHPian

Well, I own a Hexa XT now and without a doubt I am a Tata Fanboy. Have been driving a Tata since 2003 and never found the need to shift to different brand. Have owned Indica followed by Manza and now the Hexa. My younger brother had a Vista and upgraded to Nexon.

Anyone who sits in the Hexa gets awestruck. And this is no exaggeration by any means. Ignore the Dealers, go find a Hexa, take a ride, decide for yourself.

Without going into details and features of the Hexa, my only submission is why do we buy cars with a thought of resale? Why can't we buy a car to drive it, enjoy the ride? Isn't life too short to drive boring cars?

Manza went out of production but there was no dearth of spares or support. Aria continue to be supported and so will the Hexa.

As car enthusiasts it's time we changed the thought process from buying for resale to buying to drive.
dhondusaxena is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 08:04   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
In the last 7 months since the Harrier launch no one bought one,
Three interested customers were diverted towards the Harrier, as none of the three had interest in an oversized compact car without a AT
In the end Hexa is the only reasonably priced competitor to the Crysta.
Exactly same in my circle, in fact one is here a member at the forum itself - who found the Hexa to be a better proposition at the end of the day.

I know two people who never needed a seven seater, but still chose Hexa over the Harrier for some reasons unknown to themselves. One was clear that he needed captain seats and felt that Hexa was tremendous value after some discounts, one was with me and both of us felt that Hexa offered us more comfort at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
The biggest drawback with the Hexa is with what is on its grill & steering wheel - Tata.
Indeed, here the logo on the nose matters more than the vehicle behind the logo. If the logo was the another 'T' which stands for 'Trust' (By the way, if not auto; then this 'T' commands immense trust in India) and come from Japan; we would have seen people queuing up outside the dealerships and happily pay 3 lac more for the same car; and felt proud too.

Last edited by VKumar : 14th July 2019 at 08:07.
VKumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 09:43   #83
BHPian

I’ve been a prospect for the TATA guys in the last few months. While I loved the Hexa and it matches all my requirements, the only thing stopping me from taking the plunge is the quality of after sales service. My experience with Concorde is horrible; if they could not service my Nano properly, how will they ever service new age tech. I may be wrong in holding a prejudice here but after having to sell my Nano just because of the horrible service experience, I’m just not too keen on investing 21+L on a TATA product.

P.S.: Just thought that I should add this here. I’ve been a TATA customer for a long time. I’ve owned the Estate, Sumo, Indica, Manza and the Nano in the past. All having covered more than 4.5L km between them. Never have they let me down in their time with us. The time since BU Bhandari gave up their service point, it has been a consistently bad experience.

Last edited by roadrunner_nv : 14th July 2019 at 09:47. Reason: Added my TATA Loyalty
roadrunner_nv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 13:07   #84
BHPian

These 'speculations' might only hamper the sales further on Hexa, which is already depleting in terms of sales and taking the heat from it's new sibling. While the latest updates on Hexa have been good I really wish TATA comes up with a more straight forward answer on Hexa's future - Will it be upgraded to BSVI? Will it clear pedestrian norms? Will it continue to co-exist with their Cassini? We are waiting to hear only that instead of a diplomatic response. They haven't been too vocal about the future of their line-up. Wouldn't it become an advantage to let people know their products are under testing for the future norms and will be fully ready soon?
SpideyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 09:20   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
I’ve been a prospect for the TATA guys in the last few months. While I loved the Hexa and it matches all my requirements, the only thing stopping me from taking the plunge is the quality of after sales service. My experience with Concorde is horrible; if they could not service my Nano properly, how will they ever service new age tech. I may be wrong in holding a prejudice here but after having to sell my Nano just because of the horrible service experience, I’m just not too keen on investing 21+L on a TATA product.
Nothing wrong in holding the prejudice, service at Concord is horrible. The other two dealers in Pune are good though. Bafna has very good service and Balaji (The service only dealer in Aundh) has excellent service.

Rahul

Last edited by Aditya : 15th July 2019 at 16:28. Reason: Typo
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 11:49   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Without going into details and features of the Hexa, my only submission is why do we buy cars with a thought of resale? Why can't we buy a car to drive it, enjoy the ride? Isn't life too short to drive boring cars?
The car buying scenario in India is very sad. It's this "resale" thing that has subdued good cars, unfortunately, Hexa is one of those. I just missed buying the Hexa and the VCross by a whisker. I bought the Scross 1.6 being fully aware that Maruti will be pulling the plug on the D16AA engine. Considering this was an upgrade from a Swift Diesel, I just couldn't buy a heavier car with the same engine.
Tata is the only true blue Indian manufacturer that I respect. Sadly we will continue to drive tin cans, well that's what we Indians want.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 23:31   #87
BHPian

Tata has to play this 'resale' card right - a buyback guarantee like MG hector will go a long way in alleviating this fear.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 00:09   #88
BHPian

Is TATA giving up on Hexa already before Kia Carnival launches which potentially if priced right could take away even the low sales numbers?
jayguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 10:22   #89
BHPian

Posting an update shared by TATA. I hope this is sufficient to put the rumor to rest. No idea if there should be a change in the thread title though.

Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-whatsapp-image-20190718-10.06.35.jpeg
abhi7013 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 10:32   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Posting an update shared by TATA. I hope this is sufficient to put the rumor to rest. No idea if there should be a change in the thread title though.

Attachment 1895409
I guess this thread should be locked shut post the confirmation received from Tata Motors about Hexa being available in the BS6 regime.
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks