Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2020, 14:23   #136
BHPian

re: Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Seriously?

Is TATA the only company to move on to newer and better products? And even if it is - Is that a bad thing? Hexa, launched in 2016 - was a retake of the Aria which was launched in 2010. The product was essentially in the market for a decade.
To this I would like to say that Tata should have come up with a newer advanced people-mover. I know that it is a slow seller, but so was the safari and it was in the market for a good 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I doubt there is enough space for the Gravitas and the Hexa to co-exist, and even if it does - TATA Motors might never be able to cover the investment into making the 2.2L engine BS6 capable.
As a lay man, they could move the 2L Harrier engine to Hexa.
Also, is Gravitas a replacement for Hexa? I have a doubt on that.
iamahunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 15:02   #137
BHPian

I have almost finalised on a pre-owned Hexa. Now this comes as a news!
I am hoping there won't be issues with service and spare availability. Planning to keep the Hexa for 5-7 years. Except price wars anything else should I worry/factor in?

Last edited by manson : 23rd January 2020 at 18:08. Reason: Typos.
peus017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 15:06   #138
BANNED

Good decision, no point trying to spend energy and time on low volume ones, they can't afford to stretch thin their sales team (who aren't doing a great job even now!). Bolt and Safari Storme also need to face the axe, the latter didn't look as good as the original Safari. With Hornbill and Creta competitor in the cards, it's better to have a lean number of models.
Old 23rd January 2020, 16:13   #139
Senior - BHPian

Why can't Tata put same Fiat 2.0 Liter engine in Hexa which is doing duty in Harrier as well? I know it will take some investment and effort to do that but guess it's worth doing.

Hexa is a very good product and Tata can target luxury cab market. I will prefer Hexa any day as a cab over other cars like Innova.
Old 23rd January 2020, 16:34   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Hexa is a very good product and Tata can target luxury cab market. I will prefer Hexa any day as a cab over other cars like Innova.
"Very good" doesn't seem to be good enough for the customers in this segment. If they were not able to sell it even after undercutting the Innova, what else is left to try?

The Hexa sells just about a fifth of the Harrier and if all goes well, the Gravitas will sell even more. I think it has served its purpose of being a stop-gap arrangement and now is the right time to pull the plug instead of wasting their effort on making it BS6 compliant. I strongly believe (going by Tata's past record), spares and service won't be a problem in future.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 16:35   #141
BHPian

Good decision, IMO. It might be a fantastic product, no doubt, but the ground reality is- it was a flop. Tata already has made mistakes in the past by keeping the nano on sale for emotional reasons which cost them quite a big amount, now they need to focus their attention on newer and more modern products.
Old 23rd January 2020, 17:07   #142
BHPian

Well, there has been too much back & forth about this!
I am rather surprised to see this news considering that just a few days back Mr. Pareek himself clarified that the Hexa will be re-positioned. Nonetheless, a good product which failed due to confused marketing strategy.
That said, what are bhpian's thoughts on the parts availability? Would it be safe to buy the left over stock with a target of keeping the car for 10 years?
Old 23rd January 2020, 17:25   #143
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Have some good news from a very trusted birdie for all Hexa lovers, buyers & fans alike - the BS6 version of the Hexa is confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Motors may not upgrade the Hexa to meet BS6 emission regulations and the model could be taken off the shelves.
Sorry guys! Have taken the news article off. This will happen / won't happen is very confusing with the Hexa. Just heard from a very reliable parts supplier that Tata indeed has intentions to continue with the Hexa in BS6. Expected in Q3 / Q4 2020.

But last night too, I heard from an equally reliable source that plans have been shelved. Guess only time will tell .

That said, I might add 2 points:

1. The Hexa has barely sold 200 units / month averaged over the last 6 months.

2. No other car uses the 2.2 diesel.

Keeping this in mind, I don't think there is any business case for the Hexa to continue. Plus, the upcoming Gravitas takes care of 3rd-row seeking customers.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd January 2020 at 17:44. Reason: Two more points
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 23:43   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sorry guys! Have taken the news article off.

That said, I might add 2 points:

1. The Hexa has barely sold 200 units / month averaged over the last 6 months.

2. No other car uses the 2.2 diesel.
Also add that the platform was launched in 2010 and developed before that.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 21:02   #145
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians. Just confirmed from my sources that Hexa will continue in BS6 avatar and will be launched by diwali this year. In fact when I checked with them regarding the new rumors about the discontinuation of Hexa they laughed out loud saying they don't know where these baseless rumors are origination from.

Like I had said earlier Tata will put up a teaser of the Hexa BS6 at their expo stall to put all the rumors to rest. And regarding the production of the BS4 Hexa, most likely January will be the last month of production.

Also Hexa BS6 is expected to come with sunroof,powered drivers seat and connected car technology. Will keep you updated with more information as and when I receive it.
ram87pune is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 21:12   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post

Also Hexa BS6 is expected to come with sunroof,powered drivers seat and connected car technology. Will keep you updated with more information as and when I receive it.
I really hope these features and related addons be compatible with the current gen Hexa. It's really frustrating to know that even the new infotainment system cannot be installed in the older 2017-18 versions.

Excited to read about the new video for BS6 Hexa. Lets hope they give it a panoramic sunroof and make it look less like an MPV with a different body kit!
abhi7013 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 14:27   #147
BHPian

This was shared by a Hexa owner on the THOR Karnataka WhatsApp group.

Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-screenshot_202001251421462.jpg

Last edited by SmartCat : 25th January 2020 at 21:41. Reason: Edited out names and numbers
TROOPER is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 15:18   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
This was shared by a Hexa owner on the THOR Karnataka WhatsApp group.

Wow, that is good news. Hexa truly is a fantastic vehicle and should not be left to die.

Nikhil
Old 25th January 2020, 15:40   #149
BHPian

If they discontinue the Hexa, no one will ever buy a 10+ lakh car from them again. The Harrier figures are a testament. No one wants to spend more than 10 lakhs on a car that will be a flop because of incompetent marketing personnel.

They butchered Manza, Safari, Aria, Sumo Grande etc for QC and marketing failures.

Instead of normal companies that restructure teams to promote a product, they butcher the product and protect their incompetent employees, who continue to make flops out of capable products.

Meanwhile, Mahindra continues selling a few thousand Boleros and Scorpios built on a 20+ year old platform every month. Kia sells almost as many cars as Tata with just one model. All this while Tata struggles to sell a well built 4 star rated sedan like the Zest at the price of a new Swift or i10.

Tata motors shareholders are left to cry for what the company does in the domestic markets.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 25th January 2020 at 15:43.
Nissan1180 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 15:45   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
This was shared by a Hexa owner
Thats a good news, I guess this thread has created lot of confusion with new revelation coming every now and then. I really hope Hexa will emerge in a new avatar pretty soon. Everything need not be measured in economies of scale. Though Hexa is selling limited numbers every month, the good thing is, people are still buying it despite competition.

It's a very good car with great autobox and unparalleled ride quality. Despite being three years on road, it commands exclusivity and respect on road amidst plethora of Innovas and XUV500. Despite the upcoming Gravitas, the Hexa will continue to stand next to its newer sibling in the showroom. What will the customer feel when they see two behemoth glaring at them? A trust in the brand, its engineering prowess will naturally arise and this is how the decision-makers will let Hexa stay on for many more years.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th January 2020 at 16:09. Reason: Typos.
doxinboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks