Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2019, 08:58   #46
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Is it just me or does the rear of the camouflaged car resemble the Toyota Camry in some way?

The Honda City is somewhat of a prestigious car in the segment, that is losing it's name because it is quite overpriced and doesn't have the "bling" features the public seeks. Also the fit and finish of the current City has considerably been diluted compared to the older generations.

I see this as an opportunity for Honda to regain the segment if they improve upon these areas. Let's just hope Honda understands this because there are still many people out there, who would any day prefer a quality sedan over the current wave of pseudo SUV's.
Abhinav_2502 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 19:56   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

A lot more details of the New City from Thailand ( info. from a person having seen the external images and inside without camouflage)

Quote:
As for who told me to show the real picture No one or any media will dare to show it. Because it is risky.

Quote:
- Start production or Mass production: Month 12 ,2019

- At present, have already tested the Pre- production car. If there is nothing wrong, it should start production according to the original plan.

-Initial launch schedule will be only 1 engine, and another engine will be released later

- After producing the first lot in December 2019, the car will pass through the PDI process, which should be delivered according to the dealer.

-It takes about 3 weeks after production. Should be delivered at the beginning of
2020 January

- The NEW HONDA CITY from the front picture will be combination of 3 cars - Accord, Civic and Insight models.

-The front of the car is slightly rounded but not flat and wide like all 3 models

-The side mirror moved to the door frame instead to reduce the angle of the A pillar.

- The rear is the closest to the Honda Insight

How many types of engine are available: 2 types

1. 1.0 liter turbocharged benzene engine with tuning from 998 cc engine placed in Honda Civic for European and Chinese market, with specification adjustment required. And change air to water intercooler To pass the Eco car Phase 2 specification, the maximum horsepower of about 120 horsepower + - and torque of about 200 newton-meters will be placed as an installed engine.

2.Hybrid :
All New City will be the first B-segment car with hybrid or hybrid engine in production but due to being in development phase And starting production of many hybrid system components in Thailand Causing to take a long time Making it impossible to launch at the same time Will launch approximately 1 year after launch as for the specification, is limited, due to being in the development phase.

Variants:
There are 4 variants, but in the initial stage, maybe 3-4 grades may be introduced, while the top grade may be added as a special grade later as the 5th variant.

All variants will come with safety systems for the base such as ABS, EBD, VSA

Grade S : Beginner Grade

- Semi Auto air conditioning system
- 15 inch steel wheels
- Normal hand brakes
- Side turning lights on the front cheeks

Grade V

- Auto air conditioning system
- 15 inch alloy wheels
- Projector headlights
- DRL
- Shark fin antenna
- Multifunction steering wheel

SV grade

- Leather seats
- Rear view camera
- Touch screen radio
- Leather steering wheel
- Rear air vents
- Special interior decoration

Top grade for a hybrid (Launching later)

- Airbag curtain
- Cruise Control
- Leather upholstery and decorative materials
- Special audio system with 8 speakers
- Paddle shift
- 16 inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights and DRL - LED fog lights
- Front accessories And a special rear
- shiny black grille,
etc.
Modified pics of the camouflaged car:

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-cr.-chaya-x-green.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th October 2019 at 20:01.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 23:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
A lot more details of the New City from Thailand ( info. from a person having seen the external images and inside without camouflage)

Modified pics of the camouflaged car:

Attachment 1922726

Link
Honda is pulling a reverse trick here. The slanted down angle of the rear tail lights and that (kinda) sharply curving mid and rear section is so reminiscent of the first-gen Civic (The Indian one).
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 12:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Top grade for a hybrid (Launching later)

- Airbag curtain
- Cruise Control
- Paddle shift
If this is true, then initially the top variant of the car will not have cruise control or paddle shift . This seems a pretty dumb move considering even the current jazz has these in both v and vx automatic variants!
Old 14th October 2019, 12:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
If this is true, then initially the top variant of the car will not have cruise control or paddle shift . This seems a pretty dumb move considering even the current jazz has these in both v and vx automatic variants!
I can see that you own a Jazz but I too own a City VX CVT and frankly in the last 5 years have used the paddle shift only twice. The driver never uses it whenever he drives.

If they remove it, I won't miss it. But yes, it's a great marketing tool and I bought it because of the paddle shifts amongst other reasons!
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 21:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Why Honda is revealing BS-6 engine in 4th Gen City when 5th Gen is around the corner? Are they not launching the 5th Gen before April 2020?
Old 26th October 2019, 13:11   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I had a 1.5 vtec CVT ZX variant and I had touched 90k on the odo. Sold it for 6.25 in March 19
AFAIK ZX model did not exist 5 years ago ? from where did u buy "vtec ZX" 5 years ago ?
Old 26th October 2019, 13:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
AFAIK ZX model did not exist 5 years ago ? from where did u buy "vtec ZX" 5 years ago ?
It was a VX with sunroof. Yes the zX came in with the facelift
Old 26th October 2019, 13:53   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
VTEC Zx did exist 9-10 years ago.I am talking about the dolphin generation. It was the first city to get the super smooth L15A 1.5 I-vtec which is being used in the current gen city also.
Old 26th October 2019, 19:07   #55
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
I am talking about the dolphin generation. It was the first city to get the super smooth L15A 1.5 I-vtec which is being used in the current gen city also.
The 2nd generation City ZX that you are talking about never had the iVtec engine, it had the Vtec engine. The engine used in that car was Honda's L15A1 series engine, that too only in the upper variants; Vtec and Vtec plus. The L15A1 series engine was not used after that in any generation.

The L15A7 series engine launched in the 3rd generation City was the 1st iVtec engine that the City got, the earlier engines were not iVtecs.

Then with the launch of the 4th generation City, even the L15A7 engine went through minor changes and was called the L15Z1 series, it is also an iVtec but is not exactly the same as the iVtec of the 3rd gen.

So in short, even though all these engines are "Vtecs", they are not exactly the same. Every generation had different engines.

Last edited by OSH : 26th October 2019 at 19:16.
OSH is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 06:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The 2nd generation City ZX that you are talking about never had the iVtec engine, it had the Vtec engine. The engine used in that car was Honda's L15A1 series engine, that too only in the upper variants; Vtec and Vtec plus. The L15A1 series engine was not used after that in any generation.

The L15A7 series engine launched in the 3rd generation City was the 1st iVtec engine that the City got, the earlier engines were not iVtecs.

Then with the launch of the 4th generation City, even the L15A7 engine went through minor changes and was called the L15Z1 series, it is also an iVtec but is not exactly the same as the iVtec of the 3rd gen.
Thanks for correcting me there.I always thought that the "I" in the VTEC was just a naming gimmick.
Old 28th October 2019, 08:41   #57
Senior - BHPian

I read somewhere we won't be getting the turbo unit but the same current 1.5 Ivtec with BS6 compliant motor and Ciaz like mild hybrid unit.
Old 28th October 2019, 09:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I read somewhere we won't be getting the turbo unit but the same current 1.5 Ivtec with BS6 compliant motor and Ciaz like mild hybrid unit.
Yes, this was published in a news article on CarWale. Here is the link -
https://www.carwale.com/news/new-hon...-global-debut/
So disappointing!!
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 12:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Yes, this was published in a news article on CarWale. Here is the link -
https://www.carwale.com/news/new-hon...-global-debut/
So disappointing!!
Well I am not really a turbo fan and prefer the Non-Adulterated (NA) version of the engine as I am too lazy to idle the turbo vurbo before switching it off. The combined hybrid and the Ivtec should hopefully see alteast a minor bump in the power output keeping mileage same or better. Definitely this car will be on my watch list.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 21:00   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

The all-new City could look close to this, when launched:

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1.jpg

Source - Pantip forums
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks