Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2021, 20:29   #1261
BHPian

Re: Honda City 5th Gen ZX MT Petrol - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
The mat appeared to restrict the clutch so I removed a part of the mat below the clutch using a knife. The trick is to cut it out in circular fashion so that it does not start tearing from an edge.
Hi PaddleShifter,

I also have Coozo 7-D mats in my car. When I went to service my vehicle, the SA suggested me to remove the driver side mat because according to him, it will prevent the clutch from getting fully pressed. This will harm the clutch sooner. So I removed it since then.

Now, seeing your mat having a circular cut-out for clutch pedal, I'm also thinking of doing the same.

Thanks for the tip.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 22:44   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City 5th Gen ZX MT Petrol - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Now, seeing your mat having a circular cut-out for clutch pedal, I'm also thinking of doing the same.

Thanks for the tip.
You're welcome. Glad you find this useful. These Coozo mats really elevate the cabin's look to another level. In my 17 years of driving, I have never cleaned the mats like this (I have previously always used a combo of carpet mats + plastic mats on top). Infact, I had made up my mind to buy 1 set of S-Cross carpet mats for nexa and swap the driver side Coozo mat with that one. But I can't put any other mats now.

Just want to add one more thing. Make sure the cut out is sufficient on all sides. Else it might grab the clutch someday all of a sudden which is risky. If there is no sharp angle in the cut out, the mats wont tear in the long run.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 10:46   #1263
Senior - BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

I have reviewed my Honda City V (CVT). The link is below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ty-review.html (Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review)

I hope you can enjoy it !

Last edited by TrackDay : 21st January 2021 at 10:47.
TrackDay is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 23:36   #1264
BHPian

I'll be booking Modern Steel Metallic, ZX MT Petrol City tomorrow.

I'll be moving from my 2012 Tata Manza.

Honda City ZX MT Petrol was selected as it was a better overall car. We were all at home in the car moving over from Manza. Space was a big factor in its favor. I found the engine FANTASTIC to drive and fell in love with it. One TD of the 1.5 iVtec and I forgot all about the diesel engine variant. The sales experience with Capital Honda has been smooth so far.I've picked the accessories for the car and negotiated a 3K discount. See attached picture.

I've negotiated the following discounts from the Dealer so far. See attached picture

I've decided to go with Honda insurance, and I'll transfer my 50% NCB from my old car to the new one. Thanks TBHP for all the information on this. The dealer is collecting my old car tomorrow. The exchange price will be used as the booking amount. I'm taking the Honda Care Service package also. Need to speak to Service guy to learn more about this.See attached picture for breakup of on-road price.

I've following questions:

1. Have any of you taken the Honda Care service package? Is this really worth it?
2. I'm based in Chennai. Am I missing out any discounts?
3. Will the upcoming union budget throw any curveballs in terms of GST reduction? If so I'm willing to wait for a month or so.
4. Will Honda increase the price of the cars again?
6. The color of my choice Modern steel metallic is not available in stock and the dealer is claiming that it will be 30-40 days before delivery. Is there any way this can be speeded up? Has anyone booked this color? If so share your views.
7. Suggest accessories that you think that I may have missed. The dealer will offer me discounts only now. I'm not willing to risk going to 3rd party accessories shops.

If you think that I've overlooked something please point out to me.

Regards,
lsjey
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210127-11.23.44-pm.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210127-11.14.10-pm.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210127-11.11.04-pm.jpeg  

lsjey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 03:09   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath1882 View Post
Hello Guys,

I own a Honda City 2020 V Variant. Is it true or can I safely upgrade my 15inch alloys?
I dont think any issues will happen in the long run because see it is the same car with a different tyre size on a higher trim level. Dealers say all this for some weird reason and Honda may not give you warranty on your alloy wheels but you wont have any issues because once you upgrade the new tyre will align with the same settings that are available for the ZX 16 inch tyre.

I used to own the previous previous gen city and i had upgraded my tyre because the grip levels were better on the upgraded rubber, i never had any suspension or tyre issues in 6 years of ownership.
Old 28th January 2021, 14:45   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I can confirm that even the top model ZX does not come with auto-wipers.
Mine is the 2017 ZX CVT and it does have auto sensing wipers.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-7e603c0cbef34ec196f3c2fe8452742f.jpg  

Old 28th January 2021, 15:37   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Mine is the 2017 ZX CVT and it does have auto sensing wipers.

Deleted for 2020
Old 28th January 2021, 16:13   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Deleted for 2020
Can this be because of the global chip shortage or they cut the feature from the 5th gen?

I was reading some reports of the latest Kia cars in Australia facing the same issues with shortage of chips - they have taken out auto wipers temporarily from the Carnival and some other cars.
Old 28th January 2021, 17:23   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Deleted for 2020
Yes auto rain sensing wipers are not there in Zx variant of 5th Gen City
Old 28th January 2021, 18:10   #1270
BHPian

Has anyone bought the extended warranty package? I am being offered a 2-year extension at around 11-12k.

My thought process on Warranty is that if any part of the car has to fail due to manufacturer's error, I will do so in the first 3 years itself (which is the standard warranty offered by Honda).

But again, if any major part fails, I will be paying a lot more than 12k. Thoughts?
Old 28th January 2021, 21:19   #1271
BHPian

Did any one find the turn signals at the rear is small for the car if it’s size. Yesterday I couldn’t make if the turn signal was on when the driver had his brake lights ON. It was a ZX variant by the way.
Old 28th January 2021, 21:34   #1272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Has anyone bought the extended warranty package? I am being offered a 2-year extension at around 11-12k.

My thought process on Warranty is that if any part of the car has to fail due to manufacturer's error, I will do so in the first 3 years itself (which is the standard warranty offered by Honda).

But again, if any major part fails, I will be paying a lot more than 12k. Thoughts?
Consider extended warranty as a medical insurance for car. Noone wants to get diseases inorder to claim medical insurance, it's just a back up in case if something goes wrong. So similar analogy applies to extended warranty too.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 22:14   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
3. Will the upcoming union budget throw any curveballs in terms of GST reduction? If so I'm willing to wait for a month or so.

Regards,
lsjey
The GST rates are decided by GST council and the process has no relation to union budget.
SolidusSnake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 08:52   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post

It costs close to 15K in Chennai. I'm buying it. Recommend it as well.

Also consider the Honda Care Service package. Will help in getting zero (Or close to zero) service bills for the package period. Honda Dealers and service people are still clueless on this yet. I've insisted on this with the dealer to be included part of the purchase. While it will cost around 18K (As I said Honda dealer and Service guys are clueless. So this number is indicative only) in Chennai approx, will give peace of mind IMHO.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 10:00   #1275
BHPian

Need some advice on the following matter:
  1. Sales rep is saying that new High Security License Plate (HSLP) will take 3-4 days to fix as it needs to be sent from other city(Mumbai I guess)
  2. He also claims that it is not possible to deliver the vehicle before the HSLP is fixed. This means that the car will be with the dealer for these days.
  3. Since the vehicle would have been registered to me, every liability will be on me. Plus creates a great temptation for their staff to use my car as TD car or for personal use.
  4. I'm going to demand the dealer to leave the car at my home after registration. I want to insist that the dealer give delivery of the vehicle the same day of registration after completing delivery formalities.
  5. Furthermore, I'm going to tell the dealer that I'll handwrite/print the new registration number on paper and stick it in the slots while bringing the car to the dealer for fixing the HSLP. Since my mobile number is what will be given to RTO, It will be me who will get the message of the registration number as well.
So guys please let me know if any of you have had dealers citing the HSLP and keeping the registered car in their place for 3-4 days? If so how did you handle it?

I want to know if what I'm doing is the correct thing. To me even though I trust the dealer, I just don't want to keep the car at the dealer place unnecessarily.

Regards,
lsjey

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks