Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2021, 19:43   #1396
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 827
Thanked: 1,212 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva Prakash View Post
which goes away when I press it harder, although the braking performance is still good. What can be the problem ?
If you have driven the car after 2 weeks or maybe 1 week it is possible the brake is slightly jammed. Once you drive it a little more over the next few days it will go away. It happens in every car including my CRV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
As soon as I decide to fix my mind on booking the city, I come across issues like this and I go back to pondering over my choice all over again.
Haha, Buddy, I have been driving since 20 years now. I have owned 2 Honda City and currently have a Brio AT as well as a CRV AT, trust me if you want a no nonsense sensible car - buy the Honda City ZX CVT eyes closed. I have two family friends who have bought it and both are very very happy. One was moving from a dolphin shaped City and he has a VW Passat AT but he has parked the Passat and is now enjoying the City as the dimensions are easier to park and move around Mumbai traffic.

I am too sincerely looking at the City ZX CVT or ZX CVT Hybrid whenever it comes, I am waiting for the Hybrid, the moment it comes I am going to test drive it and if it is in budget, then I will buy it for my everyday usage. It's an eyes closed reliable purchase. I am just waiting for information from Honda India. It has the rear leg room, I expect it to be 4 star safety if not 5 star, and the Hybrid will make sure it delivers 25 kmpl atleast, so I am eagerly waiting for the launch, pricing and TD and if it is what I am thinking, then it will join the garage soon.
M00M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 20:13   #1397
BHPian
 
911CarerraS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 113 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Haha, Buddy, I have been driving since 20 years now. I have owned 2 Honda City and currently have a Brio AT as well as a CRV AT, trust me if you want a no nonsense sensible car - buy the Honda City ZX CVT eyes closed. I have two family friends who have bought it and both are very very happy. One was moving from a dolphin shaped City and he has a VW Passat AT but he has parked the Passat and is now enjoying the City as the dimensions are easier to park and move around Mumbai traffic.

I am too sincerely looking at the City ZX CVT or ZX CVT Hybrid whenever it comes, I am waiting for the Hybrid, the moment it comes I am going to test drive it and if it is in budget, then I will buy it for my everyday usage. It's an eyes closed reliable purchase. I am just waiting for information from Honda India. It has the rear leg room, I expect it to be 4 star safety if not 5 star, and the Hybrid will make sure it delivers 25 kmpl atleast, so I am eagerly waiting for the launch, pricing and TD and if it is what I am thinking, then it will join the garage soon.
Thank you man
That was really convincing , I'm waiting for the lockdown to end now and I've finally decided to seal the deal . I hope the hybrid comes soon , so maybe I can consider it.
911CarerraS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 22:33   #1398
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 249
Thanked: 476 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
.....
I am too sincerely looking at the City ZX CVT or ZX CVT Hybrid whenever it comes, I am waiting for the Hybrid, the moment it comes I am going to test drive it and if it is in budget, then I will buy it for my everyday usage.....I expect it to be 4 star safety if not 5 star, and the Hybrid will make sure it delivers 25 kmpl atleast, so I am eagerly waiting for the launch, pricing and TD and if it is what I am thinking, then it will join the garage soon.
I am interested in City Hybrid too but haven't read much about its India launch. Do you know any timelines for its launch? I don't think Honda would launch the City Hybrid in India given the craze for pseudo SUVs/crossovers in India and they would focus on that segment rathar than launching another sedan, specially since they have also pulled the plug on Civic in India.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 09:35   #1399
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 827
Thanked: 1,212 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
I am interested in City Hybrid too
Not sure about the timelines but if you search online there are many websites claiming that the launch of the Hybrid is eminent. They are saying mid-2021 and I mean we are already in mid-2021 so lets see hopefully by June, Honda India launches it.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 12:20   #1400
BHPian
 
vasi_raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 185 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Got an update from my Dealer. Mentioned that the car will be billed on 31st of May from Honda and will reach the dealer by 7th June. Delivery can be done after registration / number plate fixing etc by 10th June.

So is Honda going with book first produce next ideology? With demand in hand, having some ready to deliver vehicles will be very useful. It can push Honda's numbers few places up.

Here is the Passenger Vehicle Sales Figure.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210502-11.13.37-am.jpeg
vasi_raju is offline  
Old 2nd May 2021, 12:42   #1401
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 30
Thanked: 200 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
As soon as I decide to fix my mind on booking the city, I come across issues like this and I go back to pondering over my choice all over again. Rinse and repeat
.
The issue went away today and the brake pedal feels normal. The City is a very nice car and has been very reliable with no rattles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Did you take out your car after many days/weeks? Or after many days immediately after washing (wet brake pads)? I have faced this issue on my previous cars and it goes away in a day or within one or two rides. Don't worry much about it. If the issue is persistent, then you can approach a mechanic.
Thank you for your suggestions.
No the car is used almost everyday and I didn't take it out immediately after washing it, although it went away now. Also this issue came up after driving the car for around 10 kilometres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
If you have driven the car after 2 weeks or maybe 1 week it is possible the brake is slightly jammed. Once you drive it a little more over the next few days it will go away. It happens in every car including my CRV.

Haha, Buddy, I have been driving since 20 years now. I have owned 2 Honda City and currently have a Brio AT as well as a CRV AT, trust me if you want a no nonsense sensible car - buy the Honda City ZX CVT eyes closed.
Thank you for your advice, it went away now and the brake pedal feels normal now, although I didn't drive it after a long time or just after a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
Thank you man
That was really convincing , I'm waiting for the lockdown to end now and I've finally decided to seal the deal . I hope the hybrid comes soon , so maybe I can consider it.
I think you should wait for the hybrid although the present City is also very good. For instance today the tyre deflation warning system came up, and when I took it to the petrol bunk I noticed that the right rear tyre had lesser pressure compared to the others(29 psi instead of 35), which is when the fuel pump attendant noticed that there was a nail in the tyre, if the tyre deflation warning system didn't warn me, I probably wouldn't have known and it could have lead to the tyre bursting.
Siva Prakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 15:25   #1402
Senior - BHPian
 
TrackDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Magic land
Posts: 1,053
Thanked: 4,378 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

1. Can anyone confirm if the ORVM on the new city (5th Gen) bends outwards in the opposite direction when the mirror is in the normal open position i.e. is it bike/pedestrian friendly ? I have attached an image of an ORVM from the TUV 300 thread below to show what I have asked.
2. Also what will be the consequence when the mirror is locked (Folded mechanically) and then impacted ? Will it swing in the opposite direction ?

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-orvm-bend-opp.png
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 19:41   #1403
src
BHPian
 
src's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 218 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
1. Can anyone confirm if the ORVM on the new city (5th Gen) bends outwards in the opposite direction when the mirror is in the normal open position i.e. is it bike/pedestrian friendly ? I have attached an image of an ORVM from the TUV 300 thread below to show what I have asked.
2. Also what will be the consequence when the mirror is locked (Folded mechanically) and then impacted ? Will it swing in the opposite direction ?
Hello Trackday,
Yes it folds or bends inside in 5th Gen City. As I had done this on my very first TD itself to check. But not much.
Basically it can handle our friendly bikers to a certain extent.
Am not sure what happens in extreme test but under normal conditions nothing should happen.
src is offline  
Old 3rd May 2021, 01:08   #1404
BHPian
 
Born 2 Be Wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Roaming
Posts: 803
Thanked: 1,312 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Well the city was not clocking many miles in march, i was using the suvs in the garage. April was all about the honda city, empty roads and quite a lot of fun.

Trip B is my monthly run this month with Fe clocked 100% Ac on with 60% city 40% highway

Trip A is tankfull to tankfull , godbless empty roads��
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-e2f9329b49b6450abc51c1d2bf230ce9.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-f177ef2293bf4dc9a7e3a69cc78ca0b2.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 13:38   #1405
BHPian
 
vasi_raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 185 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Well the city was not clocking many miles in march, i was using the suvs in the garage. April was all about the honda city, empty roads and quite a lot of fun.

Trip B is my monthly run this month with Fe clocked 100% Ac on with 60% city 40% highway

Trip A is tankfull to tankfull , godbless empty roads��
Thanks for sharing this useful info. It is definitely a good to know info. Wishing more miles with it. Can you throw some light on the (% percentage) on mode you used, D , D with Eco, S similar to City vs Highway ratio.
vasi_raju is offline  
Old 3rd May 2021, 14:35   #1406
BHPian
 
Born 2 Be Wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Roaming
Posts: 803
Thanked: 1,312 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Thanks for sharing this useful info. It is definitely a good to know info. Wishing more miles with it. Can you throw some light on the (% percentage) on mode you used, D , D with Eco, S similar to City vs Highway ratio.
I use it always in D mode, have never used eco mode, daily commute is 100-130kms 40% expressway 60% city commute. Theese figures were with 100% Ac on all the time.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 19:46   #1407
src
BHPian
 
src's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 218 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Espresso Brown XZ to Golden Brown ZX

This is not exactly my first post but an initial THANKS giving post to this community.

Thanks Team BHP for the membership. Was lurking as a guest for more than a decade and never thought I would be eligible enough to share my knowledge with the vast amazing community. But in a friendly chat with Shibu Lijack in one of the social forums he said that you can try to be a member and applied it quickly.

Hopefully will try to pen down in a new thread but a quick summary on my Brownie second chapter.

The itch for the upgrade hit me last year in February but the pandemic deferred my plans. But eventually as parents started staying with me felt the space was not sufficient in my current hatchback and the change has to happen sooner.

My trusted Espresso Brown Tiago XZ clocked almost 60000 Kms in 4.5 years and was serving me pretty good except some small things which is evident due to the usage.

Eventually shortlisted the Golden Brown ZX and took home on 01st March 2021.

Will skip the detailed Test Drive part but yes Verna, Ciaz, Yaaris, Seltos, Creta, Compass, Harrier, Sonet, Nexon & Venue were all considered at different points of time.

Gave a very serious thought over one year and went back to drawing book repeatedly to understand my set of requirements. Realized that more than 50000 Kms were covered in Bangalore and hence it was no brainer that it must be Automatic & Petrol. Also realized that CVT feels more at home in slow speeds compared to DCTs but DCTs are a different game changer on highway speeds. Eventually the reliability issue cannot be ignored as well.

Some quick modifications and upgrades were done quickly.
01. OEM Bridgestone Ecopia 185/55 R16 changed to Michelin Primacy 4ST 195/55 R16
(Only got 4 Tires initially but eventually got the spare one last month shipped from Delhi)
02. SensAiry installed for all 5 Tires
03. OEM Horns changed to Bosch Symphony from Bosch Service
04. 70mai A500 Dashcam from Amazon (Self Installation)
05. Front Parking Sensors as accessory from Honda
06. Boot Mat (Tray) as accessory from Honda
07. Step Illumination from Honda
08. Door Edge Guard from Honda
09. 3M Underbody Coat from Honda
10. PPF for Door Handles & ORVMs from Ultimate Detailerz
11. Coozo 7D Floor Mats from Amazon
12. Changed the Boot Lamp & License Plate Lamps to White OSRAM LED

Thanks for reading this short write up. Hope I could keep up with forum standards as a newbie.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210301_115509588.portrait.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210327_063142546.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210504_054941969.portrait.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210414_082809190.portrait.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210414_082606830.mp.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210414_082629445.mp.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210414_082649796.portrait.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-primacy4st_19555r16.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210306_080203920.portrait.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210330_144709833.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city_01.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city_02.jpg  

src is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 14:52   #1408
Senior - BHPian
 
Venkatesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 7,662
Thanked: 38,359 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Honda City regains the Top Slot

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-smartselect_20210505145128_chrome.jpg

Honda City's sales in April 2021 jumped 284 % on an MoM basis to 3,128 units, as compared to 815 units sold in March 2021.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th May 2021 at 14:54.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 16:24   #1409
BHPian
 
vasi_raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 185 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Congrats src ! Thanks for the modifications and upgrades list. It will help many to understand what they can consider adding right after delivery. Just Curious to know why you added another TPMS sensor system when there is already one. Is there any added advantage with this? Also can you please share your feedback of Cozzo 7D mats?

Last edited by vasi_raju : 5th May 2021 at 16:37. Reason: Added the user addressed to the question
vasi_raju is offline  
Old 5th May 2021, 17:29   #1410
Senior - BHPian
 
Venkatesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 7,662
Thanked: 38,359 Times
re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

21 years apart in age and 1 second apart on the drag strip

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th May 2021 at 17:33.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks