Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2021, 01:52   #1441
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Hi All, Happy to Share that I booked a V MT Radiant Red on 14th June, and already got the VIN number today. It is a June 2021 manufactured car and the delivery is expected before month end.
I am getting the car through company lease program, ao discounts and on road price may vary compared to direct purchase.

Was in a dilemma whether to go for the CVT version, but Since my current ride is a Polo GT TSI, CVT wouldn’t match my expectations in terms of response.
Clutch is super light in the Honda City hence felt like moving from a DSG to a manual Gearbox. I know it’s strange to move from an AT to Manual, but if not for City, I wouldn’t buy a manual car.
TheWall is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 21:04   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Took the car for a good long drive today after ages. I had some errands to attend to since most of the past few weeks have been under lockdown. Also with the arrival of monsoon I was in the mood to do some driving The car handled well for its first monsoon drive and could take on most of the roads easily. Didn't get any chance or instance where quick braking or emergency maneuvers were required. Overall a pleasant driving experience. On the way for a tea break spotted a 3 series in a parking ground next to which I had tea. Couldn't resist taking a picture of both cars together since their taillights were often a topic of discussion.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-one-final.png

Last edited by TrackDay : 18th June 2021 at 21:06.
TrackDay is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 21:34   #1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Am I the only one who feel that the wheel design also looks the same between the two cars
Wolvie2687 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 21:38   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Took the car for a good long drive today after ages. I had some errands to attend to since most of the past few weeks have been under lockdown. Also with the arrival of monsoon I was in the mood to do some driving The car handled well for its first monsoon drive and could take on most of the roads easily. Didn't get any chance or instance where quick braking or emergency maneuvers were required. Overall a pleasant driving experience. On the way for a tea break spotted a 3 series in a parking ground next to which I had tea. Couldn't resist taking a picture of both cars together since their taillights were often a topic of discussion.

I really love the alloy wheels on the V variant. I find them much better than the ones on VX and ZX . I wish honda had offered a choice between the alloys, they suit the silver and white colour so well
911CarerraS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 23:37   #1445
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Couldn't resist taking a picture of both cars together since their taillights were often a topic of discussion.

The resemblance is uncanny! City is poor man’s BMW indeed. I feel it might have looked even more similar on Pearl white but silver looks stunning too.
shibulijack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 17:55   #1446
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
[b]

Yesterday morning at 7:30 AM I tried to start my ZX CVT City for some grocery shopping but it failed to crank up and showed signs of low battery.
Felt a little awkward for an 1800 Kms driven 70 days old car. Checked with my nearest dealer and they were closed due to lockdown.
Called up RSA and two guys arrived around 11:00 AM with a battery and jump start cable.
The car started in a single crank without any drama.
According to those guys for Automatic we need 100% charge but since it was at 90% it could not start. This felt quite illogical but these guys were not from Honda and some tie up with local garages.

Car was not even touched for the last 16 days. Only additional thing is Bosch Horn rest all are in stock. Shared my modifications just a couple of threads back.
Now my basic question is can this happen to a brand new car?

What are the possible culprits? Based on the same expected Solutions.
History repeats itself. Same old story on Sunday morning and called up the RSA as usual.

The same guy came to jump start the vehicle and it took two cranks to fire up the engine.

Had a quick visit to the Service Center and according to their diagnosis everything is fine. Attached the details of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city_01.jpeg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd June 2021 at 13:53. Reason: spacing for improved readability
src is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:50   #1447
BHPian

I came across this informative video in youtube. The owner is having a ZX CVT and has captured many interesting details. After watching this video I understand the efforts put into this car by Team Honda. As the reviewer mentions, this is definitely a life saver car on many aspects.

Top 21 Features of Honda City 5th Generation 2020.

I personally liked the following info regarding certain safety features

No.10 - Locking the car from inside with ignition off
No 11 - Shift to park mode
No 12 - Using the car when the key's battery is low.
No 14 - Lock the car with the key inside the car
No 15 - Its a Life saver feature. Close the boot with the key inside.
No 16 - Theft / Loss of key when ignition is on but key is not in car.
No 18 - Anti theft alarm when glass is broken to open the door without key
No 19 - Anti theft feature when car opened with manual key

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd June 2021 at 13:52. Reason: spacing for improved readability
vasi_raju is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:14   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
I came across this informative video in Youtube....
Thank you for sharing the video. Informative and useful.
Old 25th June 2021, 22:51   #1449

Hi Fellow BHPians,

I have recently joined this forum. I am a 2015 4th Gen City - iDtec owner. Have read this thread about 50+ times before booking the new City ZX CVT in Polar White . Delivery scheduled for Sunday 27th June. Will soon share my buying experience once I get the vehicle.
abhishek242001 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 15:42   #1450
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Hope all are doing good.

I can now officially tell that I belong to the Honda City community. Got the V (CVT) in Lunar Silver Metallic delivered at home on my birthday (I gifted myself this beauty, Thanks to the pandemic. Happiness and wishes are more important now within the family).

Thanks to TrackDay. His review on Athena was one of the major reason which made me pick up this beauty. Thanks to FlashMustang, Nav-i-gator, namanchaudhary, Born 2 Be Wild, src, headbanger and all the fellow BHPians on guiding and helping me.

Sharing couple of shots of her.

Welcoming her at home :-)

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-imageonlinecoemojiadded.png

On a rainy day :-)

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210628-3.25.08-pm.jpeg

Will keep sharing my ownership feedback on this thread.

Last edited by vasi_raju : 28th June 2021 at 15:47. Reason: Spelling Issue
vasi_raju is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 18:22   #1451
src
BHPian

Quote:

I can now officially tell that I belong to the Honda City community. Got the V (CVT) in Lunar Silver Metallic delivered at home on my birthday (I gifted myself this beauty, Thanks to the pandemic. Happiness and wishes are more important now within the family).

Thanks to TrackDay. His review on Athena was one of the major reason which made me pick up this beauty. Thanks to FlashMustang, Nav-i-gator, namanchaudhary, Born 2 Be Wild, src, headbanger and all the fellow BHPians on guiding and helping me.

Will keep sharing my ownership feedback on this thread.
Welcome vasi_raju to the City tribe. Glad to know that my inputs helped you.

Belated Happy Birthday

When did you book and what was the delivery time, also any discounts?

Happy Vteching.
src is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 12:33   #1452
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on your purchase and a happy belated Birthday! Wish you a long, fuss free ownership.

What are the accessories you got free and what all you opted for while taking delivery? I got double floor mats (plastic bucket mats and Honda branded mats on top of that), Honda branded cushions, cleaning cloth and Tissue box.

I opted for door guards, illuminated sill plates and side-airbag compliant seat covers.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 03:27   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations vasi_raju on getting that beautiful machine and welcome to the club. Also belated birthday wishes ! Happy to know that my review was helpful.

Wishing you many happy miles and a pleasant ownership experience. Looking forward to your review of the car and how you feel about the whole experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
I got double floor mats (plastic bucket mats and Honda branded mats on top of that), Honda branded cushions, cleaning cloth and Tissue box.
Hello Nav-i-gator ! Can you post pictures of the driver's side mats and how it is fastened to the car floor ?
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 11:17   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
I really love the alloy wheels on the V variant. I find them much better than the ones on VX and ZX . I wish honda had offered a choice between the alloys, they suit the silver and white colour so well
Correct, but a size bigger.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 13:09   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Welcome vasi_raju to the City tribe. Glad to know that my inputs helped you.

Belated Happy Birthday

When did you book and what was the delivery time, also any discounts?

Happy Vteching.
Thanks src

Well, i have a background story here. I booked during the last week of April with Dealer-A. I was promised with a delivery time of 45 days. Waited for it just to hear that they dont have the vehicle. They gave me options to either choose a different colour (Brown in V variant) or (Red in VX variant). I was not so keen on change in colour or variant. Casually, I called another dealer to check if they have any stock. I was lucky and got the same variant and colour what I was looking for. Blocked the car immediately, went ahead with the loan process and finished registration. All of this happened in 3 days. Took the delivery on Day 4. The car was manufactured in May.

I was able to get accessory discount (8k). Took the insurance outside. Nothing else was entertained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Congratulations on your purchase and a happy belated Birthday! Wish you a long, fuss free ownership.

What are the accessories you got free and what all you opted for while taking delivery? I got double floor mats (plastic bucket mats and Honda branded mats on top of that), Honda branded cushions, cleaning cloth and Tissue box.

I opted for door guards, illuminated sill plates and side-airbag compliant seat covers.
I did not opt for the Basic Accessory Kit. I did the under body and silencer coating, seat covers, trunk tray, door visor with chrome, door edge garnish and body cover.

I got the floor mats for the entire floor done (in PVC) and replaced the fabric to faux leather in the door hand rest (all 4 doors). All this was done outside.

Attaching some pics of the same

Honda Genuine Sear Covers

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210630-12.42.20-pm.jpeg

Full PVC Mats (Floor) - This will help me to clean the car easily.

Full PVC Mats (Floor) - Front

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210630-12.42.20-pm-1.jpeg

Full PVC Mats (Floor) - Rear

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210630-12.42.21-pm.jpeg

Door Hand Rest

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210630-12.42.19-pm.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210630-12.42.19-pm-1.jpeg

I have ordered a 7D mat from HotCar, which I am expecting to be delivered within a week. Shall post a pic of it once I fit it.
vasi_raju is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks