Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 17:59   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
I did not opt for the Basic Accessory Kit. I did the under body and silencer coating, seat covers, trunk tray, door visor with chrome, door edge garnish and body cover.
I have two queries.
Can you kindly help me out.

1. It appears that Honda City V variant has 4 airbags. 2 of them seem to be fitted on front seatback/sides. In that case, is it really advisable to apply seat cover on top of those?

2. The diameter of V variant's wheels are 602mm.
Whereas the diameter of VX/ZX wheels are 610mm.
The difference is about 8mm in diameter.
If there is no change in the springs, can we assume that the ground clearance of V variant is further 4mm lesser than VX variant?
Have you faced any issues due to ground clearance yet?
Old 30th June 2021, 21:21   #1457
BHPian

Got this beauty delivered today! Thanks to @TrackDay’s review which helped a lot in finalising the decision. Honda should really thank/pay @TrackDay for influencing/inspiring so many of us.
Opted for seat covers and basic kit from the dealer.
Seat covers support the side airbags, basic kit covers double floor mats, key chains, pillows, hammer, etc.

Model: V MT.
Color: Radiant Red

Booked on 14th June.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-c630ffdd2e29483c82982f9f6eaa4ded.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-4697df1040c749b089afde5d0cc5ddaa.jpeg  

Last edited by ampere : 30th June 2021 at 21:42.
TheWall is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 10:21   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I have two queries.
Can you kindly help me out.

1. It appears that Honda City V variant has 4 airbags. 2 of them seem to be fitted on front seatback/sides. In that case, is it really advisable to apply seat cover on top of those?
Hi abhishek, it is perfectly ok and safe to use the genuine seat covers provided by Honda. In-fact, I would recommend having a seat cover as maintaining the fabric is a tedious job.

Quote:

2. The diameter of V variant's wheels are 602mm.
Whereas the diameter of VX/ZX wheels are 610mm.
The difference is about 8mm in diameter.
If there is no change in the springs, can we assume that the ground clearance of V variant is further 4mm lesser than VX variant?
Have you faced any issues due to ground clearance yet?
I had not faced any issues till now. I was cautious on any bad roads and had been avoiding any big bumps. Most of the roads here (near my home in my hometown) has a bump in the middle for STP connection. It should be 50 - 60 mm above the road and passing through it had never been a problem with 4 onboard.
vasi_raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 17:54   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
Got this beauty delivered today!
Congrats for the red one, have safe miles ahead. Red is amazing and refreshes the car category from family car to sports car.
tirumalavoleti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 09:13   #1460
BHPian

Hi All,
New to this Thread. Considering ZX and VX, CVT. What do you folks suggest - Is it worth paying 1.1 lakhs extra for the upgrade from Vx to Zx? Going to have a TD soon.

Also if any Kerala folks are reading this, which Honda dealer do you recommend? Any dealer from Kochi to Trivandrum is okay.
AnnaRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 13:00   #1461
BHPian

Not sure if this is a good thing or bad. Our cities hardly have speed limit boards and quite difficult to spot in traffic.
Imagine if Honda shares these with traffic police!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-98604b61379145459cb50aeba43b9b77.png  

TheWall is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 17:36   #1462
src
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this is a good thing or bad. Our cities hardly have speed limit boards and quite difficult to spot in traffic.
Hello Krishna,
Most likely day before yesterday I saw your post in FB. Yes this is a major area of concern for connected cars.
Also on the other hand technology used in the right spirit will give you benefits while using it the wrong way will penalize you.

Even I also shared this screenshot to few of our Automobile enthusiasts in the WhatsApp Group.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city_01.jpeg  

src is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 17:41   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
This does not take into account the real speed limits of the roads you travel on, this is a customizable alert on the Honda connect app which is by default set to 50 KMPH. Tap on the bell icon once you are in the app, go to settings and change the speed alert to a higher speed level. You won't be getting these alerts then (unless you go above the limit you have set).
Old 5th July 2021, 17:53   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
This does not take into account the real speed limits of the roads you travel on, this is a customizable alert on the Honda connect app which is by default set to 50 KMPH. Tap on the bell icon once you are in the app, go to settings and change the speed alert to a higher speed level. You won't be getting these alerts then (unless you go above the limit you have set).
My current speed limit is set at 80kmph. Moreoever, the notification said designated speed of current area. Honda connect uses MapMyIndia to track the vehicle. So it must be that specific area’s speed limit as per MapMyIndia
Old 5th July 2021, 18:39   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post

Door Hand Rest

Attachment 2173053
Can you share the cost of getting the door handrest converted to leatherette?
Old 6th July 2021, 10:47   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
You can just turn these notifications off (completely/ selectively) from the app itself. The bell icon in the top right on the homepage lets you filter the type of in-app alerts you want and also if you want those to be push notifications.
Old 6th July 2021, 13:15   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
Can you share the cost of getting the door handrest converted to leatherette?
Hi sonil.

It is art leather, not a pure one. It costed me 1200 per door. They had to open the door panel, remove the screws to take away the fabric hand rest, measure, cut the art leather, glue it with the mould, screw it back and then fix the door panel. The time taken to fix 1 door was ~45 minutes with 1 guy working on it.

I was told that this is a common work done by many Toyota Innova owners and they knew how to do it.

Attaching a close shot to showcase the finishing.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210706-1.11.01-pm.jpeg
vasi_raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 16:09   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
You can just turn these notifications off (completely/ selectively) from the app itself. The bell icon in the top right on the homepage lets you filter the type of in-app alerts you want and also if you want those to be push notifications.
My worry is the amount of data these modern cars are capturing and the possibility of using that data against us.
Speed limits change in the city within 1-2 KM, and it is not always possible to keep track of that area's speed limit. We go with the traffic flow. What if governments brings in some rule, that this information is to be shared with them and we are fined accordingly?
Old 6th July 2021, 17:16   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
My worry is the amount of data these modern cars are capturing and the possibility of using that data against us.
What if governments brings in some rule, that this information is to be shared with them and we are fined accordingly?
I get your point but I do think that such a situation is unlikely. One because the enforcers themselves would be shelling out half their incomes in speeding fines. Two because it would require a UIDAI (Aadhar) levels of effort and also a congruence of systems from all of the OEM's apps as well as them having to give the government access to their servers. It would have to be a world where the concept of data privacy itself is a crime for anything of this sort to be introduced. Such a move would in essence qualify as a tracking chip which if implemented would cause one of the biggest litigations in Indian history encompassing nearly the entire population.

Plus I think that's a perspective that can plague the entire internet and any information we put online to be fair. Anything that we say can theoretically be used against us for claims in court. Any opinion can be twisted to suit the narrative. Our data can be "misused" for a variety of purposes. Heck it's already used to sell us anything and everything we have ever paid the most fleeting attention to.

Last edited by AamodB : 6th July 2021 at 17:19.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 01:17   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What if governments brings in some rule, that this information is to be shared with them and we are fined accordingly?
If such a rule comes into play it will have to uniform and equally amongst all cars on the road. And for that to happen most likely the Government will have to fit devices in each and every car which I don't see happening anytime soon. But yes, I guess it will come maybe around 15-20 years from now. At the moment speed cameras and highway patrols can generate enough income. However I feel the feedback provided can be personally used to improve our driving habits.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks