Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 19:33   #2956
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Hi guys,

I am experiencing one of the worst service for my less than a year old Honda City at Dakshin Honda, Mysore Road Bangalore.

The rear passenger door had a minor denting work to be done and the car is in the service center for over 25 days and no work has been done yet. The worst is their service advisor who never updates nor takes the call. I'm now in a limbo and want to escalate.

Please guide me how to escalate my issues so I can get my car back at the earliest.

Thanks
I've had bad experiences at this particular showroom in the past.

Long wait times even with a service appointment, rough handling of cars, screaming staff, car not being ready on time and what not. The service advisors keep changing every now and then and are hardly courteous. One of them even told me "if you've come to replace just the oils(after a I asked him to delete a few add-ons), you might as well go to a Shell station".

Write to Honda helpline about your issues and see if it helps. They'll get the dealership involved and it's usually the CRM from the dealership who'll get in touch with you. That will have better effect than contacting the CRM directly. Unfortunately, I don't have anything good to say about that particular individual either.

But, I think the bodyshop advisor at the moment is suffering from ill health and probably a reason why your calls aren't being answered. But yeah, they should have a backup and should keep you updated.

Disappointed, I switched to Magnum Honda.

Last edited by Dead_Pedal : 20th March 2023 at 19:35.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 10:16   #2957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I have upgraded my wheels to 205/55/16 on oem rims, have also upgraded the sound system with components speakers, amplifier, subwoofer. Have upgraded the fog lamps as well to aozoom bi xenons, which have been the the best investment so far.
Can I ask if you retained the stock HU while adding speakers, amps and the subwoofer? Or did you upgrade the HU? Just checking if the stock HU has enough juice and customization options? I am only planning to upgrade to component speakers, but if you were able to run amps & subwoofers, mine would be a walk in the park
Old 21st March 2023, 11:43   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Can I ask if you retained the stock HU while adding speakers, amps and the subwoofer? Or did you upgrade the HU? Just checking if the stock HU has enough juice and customization options? I am only planning to upgrade to component speakers, but if you were able to run amps & subwoofers, mine would be a walk in the park
You can change to component speakers on stock HU, however it will not be a noticeable difference. In my car i am running a Mosconi 5 channel amp with inbuilt dsp. The amp is powering 2 pairs of flux components and a small gladen ported sub woofer.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 12:32   #2959
BHPian

Quote:
You can change to component speakers on stock HU, however it will not be a noticeable difference. In my car i am running a Mosconi 5 channel amp with inbuilt dsp. The amp is powering 2 pairs of flux components and a small gladen ported sub woofer.
Thanks for confirming. Actually, my car came with only 4 speakers (no tweeters), and the sound is very muddled at best. So, i feel even adding just a pair of decent components up front and a pair of coaxials in the rear should make a marginal difference. Did you have to use a HiLo convertor?

I have resorted to stop listening to music/playlists in the car that I have already heard in my better sounding home speakers/earphones, and only listen to new music in the car. Music you are already familiar with highlights the inadequacies of the stock system even more, and further contributes to the itch to upgrade.
Old 21st March 2023, 12:59   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
. Did you have to use a HiLo convertor?
Hi, I used the mosconi 4-8 Dsp pico amp, these are the new gen amps which have an inbuilt Dsp, hence one does not require a convertor, less wiring hassles.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-19620de286fe4186a51897e86f9ed5a8.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 14:18   #2961
BHPian

The tyres had run 53 k kms, there was still some tread left, good for another 5-7 k kms easily, however a peculiar problem came forth, the front left wheel would deflate overnight maybe once a month or 2 weeks. There was no set pattern, it was like something has possesed this tyre! Had it thoroughly checked for punctures nothing came up, had the valve checked, as well as the rim, could not find any minutest leak. Was ok the last 3 weeks, today morning it was again flat. Hooked the air pump to the car inflated it and headed straight to the tyre shop.

Decided to go for the pirelli's cinturato P7 came to 40k for 4 tyres, when i was waiting there saw that they install the roger ab Tpu coil spring buffer as well, set of 4 was 4800/- got them installled just to see how the car behaves, will post a feedback on these in a couple of days. Installation was a 20 min job they just slide over the coils and are secured with tie ends as well. Immediate thing i noticed was the car looks slightly raised not a huge difference but its noticeable. Posting a few pics for refrence and how it was installed.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-19dae06b2e3948cd83b302560dcb4fc8.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-7eaf1d9af8a042ef84f6a41786cd2141.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-5a0a0a7803c4415187e13b8ba0a8b2ab.jpeg  

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 22nd March 2023 at 14:27.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:37   #2962
BHPian

Hi everyone,
My car has developed some ugly dent on left side above wheel. It has appeared mysteriously as i don’t recall hitting any bike or car while driving. I don’t want to repaint the panel as i have bad experiences with colour mismatch even with ASC. Can it be removed by dry denting at FNG, not worried about scratch but dent is looking ugly.
TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-f7663e125d2b4e6c8a9bfb4f736fa8ef.jpeg  

Old 30th March 2023, 15:09   #2963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hi everyone,
My car has developed some ugly dent on left side above wheel. It has appeared mysteriously as i don’t recall hitting any bike or car while driving. I don’t want to repaint the panel as i have bad experiences with colour mismatch even with ASC. Can it be removed by dry denting at FNG, not worried about scratch but dent is looking ugly.
TIA.
Thats a deep scratch and is prone to rust formation. Would recommend the full panel painting. Dry denting will make this worse IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by replyakhil View Post
I am having honda city 2011 EMT, had plans to change car with new City version. I now plan to stay with 2011 model though it doesn't have steering mounting controls and neither cruise conteol. Please suggest decent-
1. Infotainment system.
2. Dash cam
3. Rear view camera

Appreciate team bhpian family response..
You can check the Sony XAV-AX700 (Review: Sony XAV-AX7000 Head Unit) and that fits the City layout. Supports the Rear view cam too

Last edited by saisree : 30th March 2023 at 15:11.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 16:16   #2964

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCraze View Post
I too have not so good experience with Capital Honda (though its OMR branch for me). The service guys didn't treat my car good and left with scratches, yet they don't accept that its their mistake. I am also trying to find a good service center. Let this forum know if you find one good enough and also if you get any response for your mails to Honda
You could try Motorheads on ECR. My experience was very good.
bobcray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 00:22   #2965
BHPian

Quote:
Decided to go for the pirelli's cinturato P7 came to 40k for 4 tyres, when i was waiting there saw that they install the roger ab Tpu coil spring buffer as well, set of 4 was 4800/- got them installled just to see how the car behaves, will post a feedback on these in a couple of days.
Kindly post a few pics with the P7's and a feedback on the RogerAb. Thank you
Old 4th April 2023, 14:31   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanna.sridharan View Post
Kindly post a few pics with the P7's and a feedback on the RogerAb. Thank you
The RogerAb are fantastic, I should have gotten them installed earlier, the car handles like a dream, corners far better, ride is pliant, doesnt bottom out going over road undulations whatsoever. Posting a few snaps with the new tyres, kindly pardon the picture quality or angle, the camera is not my forte.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-06903e6f59b44148a63fd28db7ac0e95.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-3f167463a1984500a14db81c2a3679e2.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-620d1a1bdfb14e02895ca7026e1156ce.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 18:42   #2967
BHPian

Quote:
The RogerAb are fantastic
Hi, is there any increase in ground clearance. I ordered one pair from Amazon but eventually canceled as i saw some YouTube videos that indicated they might be duplicate. How are highway manners of the car, that boat like feeling has reduced? RogerAbs cost 4400 rs on Amazon and 7700 rs on RogerAb site.. i am confused about genuine product.
Old 4th April 2023, 18:56   #2968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hi, is there any increase in ground clearance. I ordered one pair from Amazon but eventually canceled as i saw some YouTube videos that indicated they might be duplicate. How are highway manners of the car, that boat like feeling has reduced? RogerAbs cost 4400 rs on Amazon and 7700 rs on RogerAb site.. i am confused about genuine product.
Ground clearence has increased very marginally though, not very prominent. Highway manners are excellent. That boat like feeling has reduced by 80%. My tyre dealer is an official installer and i saw the ad for RogerAb in his shop hence enquired, he charged me 4300/- for the RogerAb and 500 installation, has given me a proper Gst paid bill for the same. Will be getting this done on my fortuner as well this week. Overall i am extremely happy with it, just wish i had got it done when i got the car.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 18:57   #2969
BHPian

I am facing a strange problem in my City, in the trunk when I keep one particular trolley suitcase when I close the lid, i hear a beep and the trunk opens.
This doesn't happen with others.
Dimensions are not a issue as it is pretty small one.
I am curious what is the reason behind it.
One thing I see is trolley outer is pretty shiny.
Old 6th April 2023, 19:35   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
I am facing a strange problem in my City, in the trunk when I keep one particular trolley suitcase when I close the lid, i hear a beep and the trunk opens.
This doesn't happen with others.
Dimensions are not a issue as it is pretty small one.
I am curious what is the reason behind it.
One thing I see is trolley outer is pretty shiny.
Most likely your duplicate car key is in that suitcase.
sreerknair is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks