Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2023, 21:57   #3076
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
I'm not able to start the car from the Honda Connect app. Think the doors work fine, but the AC command doesn't run.
One can only start the engine and the AC on CVT variants only AFAIK. Do check the Honda connect booklet once for confirmation.
Naparajito is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 00:41   #3077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
I'm not able to start the car from the Honda Connect app. Think the doors work fine, but the AC command doesn't run.
These features work only in the CVT variant, not the MT variant.
KryptonMonkey is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 17:52   #3078
BHPian

Couldn't you have waited for the Honda Elevate though?

The Elevate being basically the City in C-SUV form, would have fit your requirements.
ZenMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 21:08   #3079
BHPian

My 2.5 year old 5th gen City CVT refused to start yesterday. All sorts of warnings (ABS failure, break failure and many other) started to appear as I press the start engine button.
Suspected a weak battery and called up Honda RSA who turned up in less than 1 hour and jump started the car. Kept the car in Idle for about one hour and no start up issues post that.

Car was idle for just over 3 days (last driven on Monday and it failed on Friday morning) and there was no sign of a weak battery before this. Hence it came completely unexpected. Full marks for Honda RSA for timely support though.

Can it re-occur? Do I need to think about a battery change? Isn't 2.5 years too soon for battery to go kaput?
satnan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 00:10   #3080

Proud owner of City ZX CVT (2023) as of yesterday! The drive is pretty smooth and love the small features here and there.

A couple of questions though:

1) I'm 5'11 and I find that I'm not able to stretch my right leg while driving, because of which my right knee, calf is taking some pressure and hence aching a bit. I've stretched the seat to the max. Now, could it be because I'm driving automatic for the first time, or is something else? Has it happened to any of you guys here, who are as tall or taller than me?

2) The low and high beam are pretty low and just not enough on dark lit/unlit roads. I've put it to maximum setting but it is still pretty low. Any method or trick to increase the setting?
Ordinaryme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 06:15   #3081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cludflare View Post

Life with the Jazz had been breezy, as expected with a Honda petrol automatic. The car went above and beyond our expectations in terms of interior feel, space management, smoothness of gear box & engine, and the build quality. We were so pleased with the car that we never liked the interior look and feel of cars even from a segment or two above.
Congratulations on the CITY

Can totally relate to this. Fellow Jazz CVT owner here.

Quote:

However, within an year of ownership, I was bit by the new car syndrome - out of nowhere . My company revamped its car leasing policy last year and the leasing benefits are now best in the industry - no kidding.
Damn, I have a strong feeling we both work for the same firm. Its amazing how these policies make us think about changing cars so early. My Jazz is 4 years and <20k kms old and thanks to the changed policy, now am looking at possibility of an upgrade already.

Quote:

I have never been interested in Sedans. Theoretically, it never made sense to me to own longer cars with lower ground clearances.
I love sedans but on our Bangalore roads they would just stress me out too much. And hence am waiting for a CITY with high GC i.e. ELEVATE

Quote:

What should have certainly been better at the price point –
5. Build quality – Here I see a significant drop compared to my Jazz. The doors seemed heavier and the sheets stronger in the hatch.
+1 to this. This was a shocker when I first test drove the CITY during one of my scheduled A.S.S visits for the Jazz. To add to that GNCAP result for 4th Gen CITY returning an ‘unstable body shell’ rating as well was sad. I know sheet metal doesn’t have much to do with bodyshell stability rating but still one would expect the costlier CITY to be safer than the Hatch.

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th June 2023 at 06:35.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 15:45   #3082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satnan View Post
Can it re-occur? Do I need to think about a battery change? Isn't 2.5 years too soon for battery to go kaput?
Not expected from a Honda. But have you got your battery checked? May be there might be some other issue.
I hope this doesnt reoccur.
Old 26th June 2023, 12:17   #3083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinaryme View Post
Proud owner of City ZX CVT (2023) as of yesterday! The drive is pretty smooth and love the small features here and there.

A couple of questions though:

1) I'm 5'11 and I find that I'm not able to stretch my right leg while driving, because of which my right knee, calf is taking some pressure and hence aching a bit. I've stretched the seat to the max. Now, could it be because I'm driving automatic for the first time, or is something else? Has it happened to any of you guys here, who are as tall or taller than me?

2) The low and high beam are pretty low and just not enough on dark lit/unlit roads. I've put it to maximum setting but it is still pretty low. Any method or trick to increase the setting?

Answering 2) the headlight can be adjusted externally through screwdriver after opening bonnet. Ask the mechanic in service centre to do it or learn about the DIY through YouTube.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th June 2023 at 15:11. Reason: typos
dhruvshah777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 12:43   #3084
BHPian

Quote:
Same height, same car, but I haven't experienced any pain in the calf. May be you need some time to get used to the driving position. Try lowering the seat and see if that helps.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th June 2023 at 03:03. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing.
Mumbaiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:04   #3085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvshah777 View Post
the headlight can be adjusted externally through screwdriver after opening bonnet. Ask the mechanic in service centre to do it or learn about the DIY through YouTube.
Hi dhruvshah, i too have same problem as headlight throw is too near even at maximum setting on high beam. But i am not sure ZX variant headlight can be adjusted.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th June 2023 at 15:12. Reason: quoted post edited
Neurodoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:08   #3086

My father has ZX CVT. I got the 7 array LED light throw fixed by SA in Honda Service centre in 2 minutes. They just tighten or loosen the screws through a screwdriver at the backside of the headlight assembly.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th June 2023 at 15:12. Reason: typos
dhruvshah777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:28   #3087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm 5'11 and I find that I'm not able to stretch my right leg while driving, because of which my right knee, calf is taking some pressure and hence aching a bit. I've stretched the seat to the max.
Congratulations and all the best with your City.

I would suggest not extending the seat to the maximum, lessen the distance to the pedals. Keep your right leg slightly bent in the reach to the accelerator pedal. Your pain could be due to an overextension in your leg as you have to move your ankle to press/release the accelerator pedal. Try it out and update us.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 26th June 2023 at 14:30.
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 20:15   #3088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvshah777 View Post
the headlight can be adjusted externally through screwdriver after opening bonnet
Thank you for the help, there is a screw to adjust headlights throw under the bonnet. Called my SA to ask that can he do something about it, he also didn’t know that it can be adjusted externally. So I only did it by using screwdriver and it really makes difference.
Neurodoc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 18:42   #3089
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I am considering a Oct 2022 manufactured Zx CVT. Initially I was planning for latest V CVT model.
I checked the car today, frankly I liked it. There is only one concern in the car.
When I attempted to move front and back at very low speed, I noticed there is a squeaking noise while breaking. Dealer is saying, as the vehicle is in standing position from long time its coming because of that. They are claiming that it will not be there at the time of delivery. They will sort it out in PDI.
Is this noise expected from CVT model? It felt little annoying frankly. Will this noise increase in future?
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 22:47   #3090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
When I attempted to move front and back at very low speed, I noticed there is a squeaking noise while breaking.
Hi VaibhaoT, its mostly due to drum breaks which makes these noises when you apply brake at very low speed. My car also makes these noises now and then , especially when i am driving on slope at low speed and apply break and release.
Neurodoc is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks