Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2023, 22:17   #3136
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Hello Friends
I drive City 5g preface lift edition. I am facing this issue. When ever I switch on the A/C and the car is idle. I get a gas smell. This happens only in recirculation mode, if it is Fresh air no such issues.
Can anybody tell the reason for it.

Thanks
Arun
Arun_S is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 14:08   #3137
BHPian

Can someone confirm if the front & rear bumpers of the facelift lower variants can be swapped with top end ones ?

I'm planning on booking VX variant but ZX variant bumpers look sporty as heck. TIA
TorqueSteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 15:23   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Can someone confirm if the front & rear bumpers of the facelift lower variants can be swapped with top end ones ?

I'm planning on booking VX variant but ZX variant bumpers look sporty as heck. TIA
The bumpers can be swapped however the ZX bumpers - front and back with the bumper inserts or diffuser, fog light surrounds etc will cost a bit. Then the cost of painting the bumper to factory paint as the bumpers will come primed and ready to be painted. Then comes the labour. the exshowroom price difference of VX and ZX is around 77k for manual version and around 1.1L for CVT which makes it a good reason to buy the ZX as new and can avoid these hassles of taking off the parts and refitment and ending up with rattles and all
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 16:16   #3139
BHPian

Any recommended horn upgrade for the Honda city 5th gen?
I’m not happy with the stock horns as it’s hardly audible I feel.
Auto spawn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 22:44   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post
Any recommended horn upgrade for the Honda city 5th gen?
I have swapped the stock horn on my 5th Gen with Bosch Trumpet. Loud enough for bystanders and not too loud to be irritating. I am happy and glad that I changed it. 2 years back it costed me Rs. 900.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 3rd August 2023 at 22:45. Reason: Additional Comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 01:14   #3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
Hello Friends
I drive City 5g preface lift edition. I am facing this issue. When ever I switch on the A/C and the car is idle. I get a gas smell. This happens only in recirculation mode, if it is Fresh air no such issues.
Can anybody tell the reason for it.

Thanks
Arun
Do you face any issues with the car giving a jerk at around 2000 rpm in the second gear, or when the AC is turned on by pressing the button?
Old 5th August 2023, 01:25   #3142

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
My 5th Gen VMT steering makes a "Tuk" sound when I move the steering from a stationary position, especially when I take out the car first thing in the morning and occasionally when I get moving from standstill at traffic lights. It feels on the steering whhel as if some part is stuck and getting released on steering movement. Hasn't occurred so far while in continuous motion. The Sundaram service advisor says it's normal. (Hard to believe these guys!) Is your issue similar?
My 5th Gen VMT also makes the same 'Tuk' sound when the wheel is moved from the stationary position, the same as your case.

Have you pursued this issue? It's quite irritating TBH.

Apart from this, my car has issues with jerking in the second gear at 2000 rpm too. Many others are also facing the same.
Old 5th August 2023, 07:16   #3143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBITS View Post
My 5th Gen VMT also makes the same 'Tuk' sound when the wheel is moved from the stationary position, the same as your case.

Apart from this, my car has issues with jerking in the second gear at 2000 rpm too. Many others are also facing the same.
This noise is from the steering rack. This is a standard Honda problem and it gets worse with time. Service advisor cannot brush this away. The steering rack is covered under warranty. As long as you have not upsized your tires, you can push for a free replacement.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 10:22   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBITS View Post

My car is on a 3 year lease and likely to be replaced in another 1.5 years. So unless it worsens, I plan to leave it as-is (to be honest, I would like keep my visits to the service centre to a minimum, considering my experience with them so far).
knockout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 19:08   #3145
BHPian

Yesterday some drunken guy clipped my City Bumper, Right side of the Bumper has come out.

Managed to fit it back, it is not fitting properly, plus the mud flaps are also damaged little.

Dealer is suggesting if I am fine, they can change it in insurance, if not they try to repair and i can manage. They are also saying, your bumper is going to get hit try to use without replacing.

Can everyone provide your opinion on this?
Arun_S is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 18:07   #3146
BHPian

I got the horn changed a few weeks back at Musicar, Gurgaon. Chose the Hella Trumpet and the difference is 100x better. I have to make conscious efforts now to use the horn less cause it can be annoying for the receiver, but it is fun to use.
Photos below:

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230716_124559.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230716_115821.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230716_115320.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230716_115309.jpg
LordSpymaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 22:29   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday some drunken guy clipped my City Bumper, Right side of the Bumper has come out.

Managed to fit it back, it is not fitting properly, plus the mud flaps are also damaged little.

Dealer is suggesting if I am fine, they can change it in insurance, if not they try to repair and i can manage. They are also saying, your bumper is going to get hit try to use without replacing.

Some photos of the damage would've helped to understand your situation better. If the damage is not too much, I'd recommend doing the mild repair and saving your insurance for a rainier day.
Old 14th August 2023, 10:02   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
He is right, if your car is 3-4 years old and you dont have an OCD for seeing your car scratch less, go with a simple repair and keep driving. In most of major city it's very hard to keep scratch less undamaged bumpers. sooner or later it will happen again.
in my experience I got my corolla's bumper replaced under insurance, got a brand new shiny bumper last year and voila, my wife clipped it in parking in just 2 months, few days back it happened again in a narrow road while crossing an oncoming water tanker. it has happened with my previous cars as well, no matter how hard I tried to be a good driver.
Strider24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 10:47   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonMonkey View Post
Some photos of the damage would've helped to understand your situation better. If the damage is not too much, I'd recommend doing the mild repair and saving your insurance for a rainier day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
He is right, if your car is 3-4 years old and you dont have an OCD for seeing your car scratch less, go with a simple repair and keep driving. In most of major city it's very hard to keep scratch less undamaged bumpers. sooner or later it will happen again.
Thank you for your response.

My City is 10 months old. I went and checked in the workshop, the rivets for locking the bumper have got cut.

Plus the Fender lining is also gone.

Went with the replacement of the bumper and claimed insurance for the same.
Old 16th August 2023, 17:07   #3150

Hello, Bought a ZX Automatic 5G City in 2021 Oct as soon as it launched. Having owned all the Honda citys (except gen 4) went and bought the 5th gen as a replacement for the 3rd gen.
Looks of the car, interior fit and finishes are great. Seating also is very comfortable and my family rather take this car than our 320D due to back seat comfort which sucks for me because driving the 320D is way fun than the Honda.

I can live with the rear camera quality, slightly dated infotainment and thin tyres.

What is not so great about the car is - mileage. With the lightest of foots possible I am not getting above 7.5 - 8 in city and highway between 12 - 15. Also idle sound from outside is like a mini Diesel engine which was not the case in any other city we owned.
Anyone else have the mileage issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks