Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2023, 19:14   #3151
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
Hello Friends
I drive City 5g preface lift edition. I am facing this issue. When ever I switch on the A/C and the car is idle. I get a gas smell. This happens only in recirculation mode, if it is Fresh air no such issues.
Can anybody tell the reason for it.

Thanks
Arun
I had a similar issue - was getting a damp & foul smell from car AC whenever it got switched on. I got the car AC serviced - seems there were lot of plant leaves and other waste stuff rotting behind the dashboard that led to foul smell. Once it was cleaned, 8 months down the line no smell even after using no car freshners inside the car. Also get the AC filter cleaned/replaced.
LordSharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 11:41   #3152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4589 View Post
Hello, Bought a ZX Automatic 5G City in 2021 Oct as soon as it launched.....

What is not so great about the car is - mileage. With the lightest of foots possible I am not getting above 7.5 - 8 in city and highway between 12 - 15...
Anyone else have the mileage issue?
I too drive a 5th Gen CVT bought in Oct 2021. Current odo at 20k kms. I usually get 13 to 13.5kmpl in city and 17kmpl on highways, highest being 19.8kmpl on Pune-Mumbai-Pune stretch. All figures calculated by TF to TF method. Difference between MID and TF-to-TF is not more than 0.2kmpl. Mileage depends on a lot of factors - your driving style, traffic conditions, how long do you drive in city (I realized this is a major factor - I drive 23kms one way every day in Pune city in medium to dense traffic and the time it takes for engine to warm up and maintain the temperature impacts fuel efficiency. Short drives and frequent engine on/offs bring down the mileage considerably). Maintaining RPMs below 2000 and being gentle with accelerator inputs helps too.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 17th August 2023 at 11:43. Reason: Added a new comment.
sam264_2000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 13:24   #3153
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, Bought a ZX Automatic 5G City. What is not so great about the car is - mileage. With the lightest of foots possible I am not getting above 7.5 - 8 in city and highway between 12 - 15. Also idle sound from outside is like a mini Diesel engine which was not the case in any other city we owned.
Hi, even I get similar average figures in the city but on highways I get 19-20 kmpl. What I could make out is my daily drive is less than 10kms per day with frequent engine cut offs. Mostly longer city rides may give better average figures.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd August 2023 at 20:14. Reason: typos
Old 18th August 2023, 06:41   #3154
BHPian

Quote:
What is not so great about the car is - mileage. With the lightest of foots possible I am not getting above 7.5 - 8 in city and highway between 12 - 15. Also idle sound from outside is like a mini Diesel engine which was not the case in any other city we owned.
I had a similar issue when I bought the car last year but I had informed my service advisor during the first service. They did some calibration changes and it got better post that. Getting 10-12 kmpl in the infamous Bangalore traffic.

I have got 15 to 20+ kmpl on highways based on the mood in which I am driving.
Aditya Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 17:57   #3155
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday some drunken guy clipped my City Bumper, Right side of the Bumper has come out.

Managed to fit it back, it is not fitting properly, plus the mud flaps are also damaged little.

Dealer is suggesting if I am fine, they can change it in insurance, if not they try to repair and i can manage. They are also saying, your bumper is going to get hit try to use without replacing.

Can everyone provide your opinion on this?
Update on my issue, went ahead and raised the claim.

The insurance Surveyor, accepted for Bumper and Fender Lining. But rejected the claim for Fender adjustment saying it happened in a separate incident.

I told him I have dash cam recording.

He was adamant and not approved the claim for Fender adjustment. Inspite me having consumables add-on, he didn't approve the clips for bumper fitment.

Key Part here is, as per the dealer HDFC Ergo has poor claim settlement process. They find lot of reasons to reject claims.

Decided to switch out of HDFC Ergo, and take the insurance via dealer itself for smoother claim process.

Lesson Learnt: Please talk to workshop people on which one, they have better claim settlement ratio than going by SA advice.

Last edited by Arun_S : 20th August 2023 at 17:59.
Arun_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 20:17   #3156
BHPian

Quote:
...as per the dealer HDFC Ergo has poor claim settlement process....

Decided to switch out of HDFC Ergo, and take the insurance via dealer itself for smoother claim process.

Lesson Learnt: Please talk to workshop people on which one, they have better claim settlement ratio than going by SA advice.
I have HDFC Ergo purchased through dealer (Honda Assure) and unfortunately had to make 3 claims (1 major and 2 minor issues) in the last 1 year. All 3 claims were settled smoothly and the job was done in 3 to 4 days. I am happy with HDFC Ergo purchased through Honda Assure. The premium is slightly expensive but then you pay for the convenience. As per my interaction with the workshop folks, they said HDFC Ergo is better in terms of claim settlement and I think I will as well renew with them for the next year too.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 17:44   #3157
LJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
My 5th Gen VMT steering makes a "Tuk" sound when I move the steering from a stationary position, especially when I take out the car first thing in the morning and occasionally when I get moving from standstill at traffic lights. It feels on the steering whhel as if some part is stuck and getting released on steering movement. Hasn't occurred so far while in continuous motion. The Sundaram service advisor says it's normal. (Hard to believe these guys!) Is your issue similar?
The steering might be working fine however the noise you mentioned gets irritating after a while which I also faced. Whenever moving the steering from center to any direction it made a "tuk" noise. Even on the bad roads when steering moved a little on it's own the "tuk" was very much audible.
My city's steering rack assembly along with link rods and EPS were replaced. Steering has no "Tuk tuk" noise after that. Got it replaced under warranty on 17th August'23 and have driven about 300 kms since then and not heard the irritating noise even once after that.
My car had really loud "tuk" noise which could get captured in the video, if yours is not that loud you may not get approval on the warranty since I also raised the issue 2-3 times prior to this and it was getting rejected by Honda unless the noise got really loud. It costs a bomb so if it's something you cannot keep driving with kindly contact the service shop near you. The rack, EPS , link rods and some rubber components would cost you about ₹28,000 to ₹30,000 including labour, so it's highly recommended to get it replaced under warranty only.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-snapchat1000825672.jpg  

LJO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 17:51   #3158
LJO

Guys can anyone help with an issue that I am facing:

While using bluetooth for audio in my City 5th gen, I experience that while changing the song the name of the song on the display remains constant and does not change. E.g. if am playing a track named 'abc' and then change it to next track 'xyz' the display will keep showing 'abc' on it. Even if I change the track several times the name of the first track I played remains on the display.

I am using S22 ultra/YT music for audio and everything is up to date. I am facing this issue from 2 months.

Any suggestions on how this can be corrected?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd August 2023 at 20:16. Reason: Typos, punctuation and spacing.
Old 21st August 2023, 19:39   #3159

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
I got the horn changed a few weeks back at Musicar, Gurgaon. Chose the Hella Trumpet and the difference is 100x better.
There’s a extra bracket that is attached to the factory horn, you seem to have removed that . This will affect the sound as well as the horns life . I fitted the same horns myself and retained the brackets , other advantage is makes the horn sit slightly lower and end of the trumpet correctly aligned with the opening in the grill.
The ground terminal can be directly connected to the horn body using the mounting bolt with a “ring tongue terminal “.
The horn is amazing though it is closer to a Merc sound rather than Hyundai.
sasmit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 19:41   #3160
BHPian

Hello everyone,
Need suggestions regarding problem with my Honda city. My car has run 14000kms and last wheel alignment and tyre rotation was done at 9000kms, now car is pulling to left side and steering is also tilted slightly to left while driving in straight road. So i thought its alignment problem and did wheel alignment and balancing done at local tyre shop in Belagavi, alignment shop guy initially told he has readings for new honda city but while doing alignment it was 2014 city readings. Problem is even post alignment problem is persisting and now i am confused to go ahead and do alignment again at another place or can it be some other issue.
thank you in advance.
Old 21st August 2023, 21:20   #3161
LJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hello everyone,
Need suggestions regarding problem with my Honda city. My car has run 14000kms and last wheel alignment and tyre rotation was done at 9000kms, now car is pulling to left side and steering is also tilted slightly to left while driving in straight road. So i thought its alignment problem and did wheel alignment and balancing done at local tyre shop in Belagavi, alignment shop guy initially told he has readings for new honda city but while doing alignment it was 2014 city readings. Problem is even post alignment problem is persisting and now i am confused to go ahead and do alignment again at another place or can it be some other issue.
thank you in advance.
If your car is under warranty kindly take your car to service center and they will connect their system with your car and do some resetting since it is all electric steering. I am forgetting the term what it is called but you can go to service shop near you and it will be fine. This will work only when alignment and wheel balancing is alright.
LJO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 07:11   #3162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasmit View Post
There’s a extra bracket that is attached to the factory horn, you seem to have removed that . This will affect the sound as well as the horns life . I fitted the same horns myself and retained the brackets , other advantage is makes the horn sit slightly lower and end of the trumpet correctly aligned with the opening in the grill.
The ground terminal can be directly connected to the horn body using the mounting bolt with a “ring tongue terminal “.
The horn is amazing though it is closer to a Merc sound rather than Hyundai.
Could you share a photo of this extra bracket? I don't remember anything being removed and not put back by the installer, so interested to see what's missing here.
Old 23rd August 2023, 17:24   #3163

Hello all,

Bought Honda City ZX CVT last week. After going through a lot of online research and test drives finally decided to go with Sedan and shortlisted Virtus, City and Verna. Among these Virtus was my first choice but after having discussions with family members and taking test drives with family, decided to go with City.

During the first week of ownership I am disappointed with City's mileage. I am not sure if its just my car, I am getting around only 8kmpl in city. Haven't taken the car in highways yet, need some advise from forum members.

Another issue with Honda connect, it was activated only after 3rd day of delivery, but the app is not showing any trips. As per honda webiste the trips are auto recorded but I see nothing in the app.

Other than these I am enjoying the drives, happy with my decision. Please share your thoughts about the above mentioned issues.

Thank you.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230820_165317.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230820_165012.jpg
unrealunity is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 20:20   #3164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealunity View Post
Hello all,

Bought Honda City ZX CVT last week. After going through a lot of online research and test drives finally decided to go with Sedan and shortlisted Virtus, City and Verna. Among these Virtus was my first choice but after having discussions with family members and taking test drives with family, decided to go with City.

Thank you.

Attachment 2494196

Attachment 2494197
Congratulations on your new ride. Must say nothing beats City as the best all-rounder package in its segment. For low mileage, let the run-in period of the initial 1000 km complete. Reset the mileage indicator thereafter and then you might be able to gauge the actual mileage it is offering. Right now, it will be too early to be worried about mileage. Enjoy the ride!
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 21:53   #3165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealunity View Post
Hello all,

During the first week of ownership I am disappointed with City's mileage. I am not sure if its just my car, I am getting around only 8kmpl in city. Haven't taken the car in highways yet, need some advise from forum members.

Another issue with Honda connect, it was activated only after 3rd day of delivery, but the app is not showing any trips. As per honda webiste the trips are auto recorded but I see nothing in the app.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Mileage in city is a bit disappointing. But wait for 1000kms and then test using tank-full to tank-full method.

For the Honda connect app, does the app show a notification (ignition is turned on) as soon as you start the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks