Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 08:20   #2401
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
https://Youtu.be/6PoLnfGUj2M

Do ZX owners on the Forum face similar issue with their head light?
I just got my ZX last week and I was terrified when I saw this and wanted to check immediately.
The lights quiver a bit when I hit them with my palms from the side, very little, I guess would happen with any lights. I didn't feel any major disturbance while actually driving.
I suspect malice in those guys' conversation, trying to discredit Honda Management. If this were to be true, I don't think Honda would have responded the way he claims.
What do others think? Did someone else check?

Last edited by c@rwate : 4th July 2022 at 08:39.
c@rwate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 11:40   #2402
BHPian

This is an old known issue with ZX lights, they quiver a bit nothing distracting , this occurs especially when you go over those white rumbler strips placed at junctions or near flyovers.

I have observed this on my ZX also but not on all rumblers, only those ones which are not properly spaced or not stuck/painted properly.
Dieseltuned is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 11:43   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/6PoLnfGUj2M

Going over a rumbler strip at decent speeds (> 30KMpH) makes the headlights vibrate. The linked video also showcases the same effect of going over a rumbler strip. Being LED's, the vibration is visible in the throw of the light. However, it is not as nasty as claimed in the video.
sankdadevil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 13:25   #2404
BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely no issue like this ever faced by me in 1.5 years of ownership, no shivering, quivering, shaking, by the headlights whatsoever so far on my ZX cvt.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 13:32   #2405
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, guys.

Honda City is one of the cars I have short-listed and was surprised to see the video. Glad that this looks like a one-off case.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 17:22   #2406
BHPian

Hello Guys,
I have purchased my City ZX from Nagpur, my hometown but will be moving to Pune soon and would have my first service in Pune/Mumbai. I was wondering if I should prefer any particular Honda workshop over the other. Does anyone have an opinion about this?
Also, maybe a naive question or answered somewhere else in the forum, but how can I be sure if the workshop actually changed the oil, does Honda offer a Live stream or something, or is there any other way to ascertain this.
Honestly I am not very confident about Service Quality of Honda Dealers, they always want to squeeze some extra bucks from the customer by hook or crook. I had issues with my dealer in Nagpur, who pretty much enjoys a monopoly in the city and adjoining districts.
So, My questions -
1) Which workshop in Pune/Mumbai?
2) How do I ascertain whether the workshop actually changed my vehicle oil.
Old 5th July 2022, 10:09   #2407
BHPian

Just dropped in to Honda service centre for the fourth service of my car (1st paid service). This is for the benefit of all here. The service estimate is around 13.5k which includes AC cleaning (2.5k) and brake cleaning.
Vehicle has run 15k roughly in 2 years.
Thmh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:44   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rwate View Post
1) Which workshop in Pune/Mumbai?
2) How do I ascertain whether the workshop actually changed my vehicle oil.
Crystal Honda is a reliable name in Pune as far as I know. They have a workshop in Wagholi and Bavdhan.

Regarding the second question, it will be interesting to hear from the forum members if there are any means available to ascertain the oil change actually took place!
sankdadevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:48   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdadevil View Post
Crystal Honda is a reliable name in Pune as far as I know. They have a workshop in Wagholi and Bavdhan.

Regarding the second question, it will be interesting to hear from the forum members if there are any means available to ascertain the oil change actually took place!
The best way, go to any Shell petrol bunk, there they check the engine oil quality.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:04   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmh View Post
Just dropped in to Honda service centre for the fourth service of my car (1st paid service). This is for the benefit of all here. The service estimate is around 13.5k which includes AC cleaning (2.5k) and brake cleaning.
Vehicle has run 15k roughly in 2 years.
Looks like the dealership is trying to pull a fast one on you. Not sure why A/C filter cleaning will cost 2.5K. I would expect the first paid service to be in 7k range.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:48   #2411

Aftermarket front parking sensors stopped working in a year

Hi BHP-ians,

I got my Honda City delivered on October 2021, being a car that will be handled by multiple people in the family we decided to get the front parking sensors installed.

A couple of days back, when it was raining cats and dogs in Mumbai, I took the vehicle out. After some encounters of splashing water collected at the sides of the road, I noticed that the front parking sensors had started giving continuous single beeps.

I tried spraying WD40 at the sensors (some youtube videos suggested it), tried looking at wires as much as I could and I couldn't locate any cuts or loose wires.

Has anyone faced similar issues with their front parking sensors? This was installed during the delivery of the by Service center itself.

Thanks,
Vikas
Old 6th July 2022, 08:36   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Looks like the dealership is trying to pull a fast one on you. Not sure why A/C filter cleaning will cost 2.5K. I would expect the first paid service to be in 7k range.
Well I did feel the same and had to ask twice if it's as per the manual and mandatory. The answers were yes and yes!
Also there were some unexpected series of events. I had last time reported of some metal noise to which I was told the spare wheel was making noise and they have tightened the strut. Wasn't convinced and highlighted the issue again this time. After couple of test drives, they are suspecting it could be a suspension issue and they need few more days with the car to test by replacing the suspension. If it's proved then it will be a replacement under warranty.
Thmh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 22:20   #2413
BHPian

I have attached the fourth service cost for reference which includes the price of brake pads
Waiting for the suspension dampers replaced under warranty.
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20220707221339.png  

Attached Images

Old 8th July 2022, 12:13   #2414
BHPian

Please clear my doubt about CVT.

Sometimes in crowded parkings the attendents asks to leave the car in neutral.

is it OK to push the car while in neutral?
And towing if the car ever breaks down ?
Old 8th July 2022, 13:20   #2415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
Please clear my doubt about CVT.

Sometimes in crowded parkings the attendents asks to leave the car in neutral.

is it OK to push the car while in neutral?
And towing if the car ever breaks down ?
This works only for manual gearboxes. An automatic car will not lock unless it’s in Park. So, you can’t just leave an AT in neutral and walk away.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks