Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2022, 14:10   #2296
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaid qazi View Post
I personally feel is that with those stock tyres car doesn't look appealing to me and i find a car with 195 section tyres or 205 section tyres looks better....
I upgraded to 205/55, the nvh and ride has improved. The wider tyres do add to the car's visual appeal.
The stock tyres are too thin. All the City's rivals have bigger tyres.
attinder is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 14:21   #2297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hi folks,

A quick update and review from my side. We brought home our new princess Cindrella (as my daughter calls her) a White Honda City ZX MT early May 2022
Congrats on the new car, I've got her twin and reading your review it's pretty much spot on. I too kept the stock tyres because the service guys insisted on it for the brake performance and warranty on suspension / brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Congrats on buying an excellent all-rounder of a product! Agree with all your observations. I also did not go for a tyre upgrade, planning to wear these out and then go for the wider ones.

Any comments on the cabin insulation? It could have been better, especially on the rear wheel arches in my opinion.
Thanks for recommended this beauty to me in the What Car section, It has been perfect for our requirements.

The cabin insulation definitely could have been better, I'm at a loss as to why they have partially exposed wheel arches (no plastic / cladding) on both front and rear wheel wells.
The tyre / road noise post 70kmph and camera quality on lane watch and rear is my only gripe with this car.
Old 8th June 2022, 14:58   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Congrats on buying an excellent all-rounder of a product! Agree with all your observations. I also did not go for a tyre upgrade, planning to wear these out and then go for the wider ones.

Any comments on the cabin insulation? It could have been better, especially on the rear wheel arches in my opinion.
Quote:
Everything with city is perfect and the tyres are good enough for city use and occasional highway trips as well but the only problem what I personally feel is that with those stock tyres car doesn't look appealing to me and i find a car with 195 section tyres or 205 section tyres looks better and more appealing to my eyes at least. Leaving the stability and other mechanical factors regarding tyres I would like to upgrade the tyres only for the visual appeal. What are your thoughts?
Dear sir,

195 sections will improve the overall stance of the car, are you getting a good deal on your 185 tyres, i am assuming you are yet to get delivery of the car. There might not be much deal on used 185 section tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
I upgraded to 205/55, the nvh and ride has improved. The wider tyres do add to the car's visual appeal.
The stock tyres are too thin. All the City's rivals have bigger tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post
Congrats on the new car, I've got her twin and reading your review it's pretty much spot on. I too kept the stock tyres because the service guys insisted on it for the brake performance and warranty on suspension / brakes.

Thanks for recommended this beauty to me in the What Car section, It has been perfect for our requirements.

The cabin insulation definitely could have been better, I'm at a loss as to why they have partially exposed wheel arches (no plastic / cladding) on both front and rear wheel wells.
The tyre / road noise post 70kmph and camera quality on lane watch and rear is my only gripe with this car.
Hello sir,

It was the other way round with my dealer, where they suggested a tyre shop nearby where i could upgrade if i wanted to. No issues with warranty whatsoever.

Below are my thoughts on cabin insulation.

1. The cabin insulation could definitely have been better but is not deal breaker especially in city driving.
2. We did the underbody coat to mitigate this problem a bit, however during my recent trip there was a particluar section of road about 1 km long which was freshly laid tar and the racket created by flying bits of tar was a big nuisance.
3. During normal highway cruises i generally as a thumbrule do not exceed 90 kmph and at this speed I did not find any issue which could be a deal breaker.

Regards
Diesel
Old 8th June 2022, 14:59   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
Everything with city is perfect and the tyres are good enough for city use and occasional highway trips as well but the only problem what I personally feel is that with those stock tyres car doesn't look appealing to me and i find a car with 195 section tyres or 205 section tyres looks better and more appealing to my eyes at least. Leaving the stability and other mechanical factors regarding tyres I would like to upgrade the tyres only for the visual appeal. What are your thoughts?
Yup, agree with all your points. Just wasn’t in the mood to spend extra at the time of purchase. When this set wears out, I might even replace/upsize the alloys. That’s give a solid mid-life update to the car.
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 17:16   #2300
BHPian

Hello Guys,

A quick query. I have booked V MT last month. I intended to pay full through rtgs once I see the car. The car might reach the showroom later this month. When I asked for VIN details, the SA is insisting that I make the payment before I can get access to VIN. So what's the way ahead.

Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 17:25   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
So what's the way ahead.

Thanks
Talk to his/her manager first. But if he/she too insist full payment then ask them to cancel the booking, and look for another dealership. I don't think anyone will pay full amount without seeing the car and complete the PDI.
sreerknair is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 17:29   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

A quick query. I have booked V MT last month. I intended to pay full through rtgs once I see the car. The car might reach the showroom later this month. When I asked for VIN details, the SA is insisting that I make the payment before I can get access to VIN. So what's the way ahead.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Talk to his/her manager first. But if he/she too insist full payment then ask them to cancel the booking, and look for another dealership. I don't think anyone will pay full amount without seeing the car and complete the PDI.
Absolutely agree with Sree here,

Please do not make full payment before seeing your car in flesh. I infact insisted on seeing the car at their stock yard a good 50 kms away before releasing the payment.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 17:33   #2303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Thanks
Get VIN and do a proper pre-registration inspection first. Make payment and verify the registration application papers before signing.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 00:26   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Thanks
Brigade Honda is also pushing me for 50% pre payment as the car is in transit. I have pushed back so far. Let's see if I can keep at it till the PDI is done (hopefully next week). If this is a practice across all dealers, then I may be risking losing the assigned car which would arrive at the dealer's yard next week.

Based on the VIN provided, I did notice it's a June manufactured car. So, it will come with the space saver steel wheel. I wonder if we can push the dealer to provide a full sized alloy as the spare wheel, even with some extra payment.
Aditya Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 08:12   #2305
BHPian

Hi City owners,

I am seeing an issue with my car pulling left as the speed increases. It has run 4500 kilometers so far. I initially got Wheel alignment done at Tyre Professionals and the problem disappeared only to resurface again after few days. By the way since one of the tyres burst, I had to replace it and hence the alignment. I got it done again at Honda service center itself and the problem remained. I again went to Honda center and this time too the alignment was done. Despite three times, I still see the issue. The problem is that the Honda folks are not ready to admit that there is an issue. What could be wrong? If I have to take my car for the alignment or service center, what should I ask them to look for. Can members throw some light.
Old 9th June 2022, 09:05   #2306

Hi Folks- Had 3 queries on which I could use your POV/recommendation.

1. Have clocked ~900 kms on my 28 days old ZX CVT. Do you have any POV on when I can start driving it normally (occasional 3000+ RPM)/engage sports mode and use cruise-control ? (Asking because the manual doesn't mention anything explicitly on engine break-in period)

2. Has anyone experienced wind-whistling/slight drag on highways at 80 km/h+ speeds? If yes, how did you resolve it?

3. Paint chips from trucks & highway traffic! Is there a way to reduce the impact? Should I go for PPF on the bonnet or is regular repainting a sustainable alternative?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers
Old 9th June 2022, 10:43   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Hi City owners,

I am seeing an issue with my car pulling left as the speed increases. It has run 4500 kilometers so far. I initially got Wheel alignment done at Tyre Professionals and the problem disappeared only to resurface again after few days.
I also have a similar issue with respect to alignment. My car's floorboard used to vibrate like a phone in vibration mode. Took to 2 service centers, and both said there are no issues and they can't feel any vibrations. At last I asked one of the service centers to check all the bolts, suspension, engine mounts etc, which they did and found everything normal. So asked them to do a wheel balancing, alignment and rotation and post that the vibrations reduced to the extent that I didn't notice it unless I nitpick.

But after driving thousand kilometers, the car fell in a pothole and the vibrations reappeared. Took the car to an alignment center, did the balancing and alignment again and now no more vibrations. I think the car is too susceptible to even minor alignment/balancing issues. When you do the alignment, do the wheel balancing as well, preferably from a reputed alignment center. It might solve the issue.

Last edited by sreerknair : 9th June 2022 at 10:45.
sreerknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 10:54   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I also have a similar issue with respect to alignment.
Thanks sreerknair. Let me try to look for an another reputed alignment center. Hopefully post wheel balancing, the issue should not be seen again.
Old 9th June 2022, 12:05   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Hi Folks- Had 3 queries on which I could use your POV/recommendation.

1. Have clocked ~900 kms on my 28 days old ZX CVT. Do you have any POV on when I can start driving it normally (occasional 3000+ RPM)/engage sports mode and use cruise-control ? (Asking because the manual doesn't mention anything explicitly on engine break-in period)

2. Has anyone experienced wind-whistling/slight drag on highways at 80 km/h+ speeds? If yes, how did you resolve it?

3. Paint chips from trucks & highway traffic! Is there a way to reduce the impact? Should I go for PPF on the bonnet or is regular repainting a sustainable alternative?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers
1. I believe the manual states to just take it easy for the first thousand kilometers. Modern engines don't really require the old break-in routine. My personal opinion is to just take it easy on the car and increase revs as the mileage increases and the time to go ballistic (5-7k RPM) would be after the first oil change (personal opinion)

2. I'm not sure about the whistling but I believe it's related to the exposed body on wheel arches ?, The tyre / road noise post 70kmph is bad and I am actively looking at ways to do that without opening up the panels. For now I am thinking of getting pastidip and spraying it on the exposed wheel arches.

3. Have no idea about PPF or Ceramic coating, never had it on any of my cars and don't see any use of it. If it's a daily driver I don't think these protective coatings can protect from the abuse of auto-wallahs and two wheelers.
ashish_sax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 12:14   #2310

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post
1. I believe the manual states to just take it easy for the first thousand kilometers. Modern engines don't really require the old break-in routine. My personal opinion is to just take it easy on the car and increase revs as the mileage increases and the time to go ballistic (5-7k RPM) would be after the first oil change (personal opinion)

2. I'm not sure about the whistling but I believe it's related to the exposed body on wheel arches ?, The tyre / road noise post 70kmph is bad and I am actively looking at ways to do that without opening up the panels. For now I am thinking of getting pastidip and spraying it on the exposed wheel arches.

3. Have no idea about PPF or Ceramic coating, never had it on any of my cars and don't see any use of it. If it's a daily driver I don't think these protective coatings can protect from the abuse of auto-wallahs and two wheelers.
Hey Ashish- Thanks for your inputs. Pt #3 was for minor paints chips that keep occurring everytime I drive on Bangalore highways (especially NICE road)
Raskolnikov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks