Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 13:03   #2446
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
What are the chances of Honda launching a 6th Gen Honda city (for the ICE versions) or atleast a facelift in 2022 ?
Chances of 6th gen coming out are next to zero. The 5th gen City was launched just about 2 years ago, and they are not going to change a generation within 2 years. For context, I think the 4th gen City was launched in 2017, and the 5th gen took 5 years to be launched. Facelift, perhaps sometime next year with some minor changes. I am yet to come across any news pointing to that though. Not sure if anyone else has any scoops.
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 18:44   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
What are the chances of Honda launching a 6th Gen Honda city (for the ICE versions) or atleast a facelift in 2022 ?
4th gen was launched in 2013 and its facelift in 2017. Going by that logic, 5th gen facelift could be 2024.
TheWall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 09:52   #2448
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
I am in process of shortlisting City CVT, could you please let me know how it performed in the descent from Kolli hills as it has nearly 70 hairpin bends.

In general for automatics how we are supposed to take care of Descent's to avoid breaks from overheating, for manual's I use Gears to reduce speed. Not sure how it is done here.
Very valid point Arun and in fact I was also worried for the descent from Hills.
Car performed effortlessly without any issues and I could never feel any spongy brake feel either.

Overall I was extremely happy with the handling and ergonomics.
src is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 10:56   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
I am in process of shortlisting City CVT, could you please let me know how it performed in the descent from Kolli hills as it has nearly 70 hairpin bends.

In general for automatics how we are supposed to take care of Descent's to avoid breaks from overheating, for manual's I use Gears to reduce speed. Not sure how it is done here.
I had taken my City CVT to Ooty recently and it performed very well. On steep decent, drop the gear to 1 using paddle shifters and let engine breaking handle the descent. It required no additional breaking from my side.
karthikd21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 14:41   #2450
BHPian

I just noticed scratches on instrument panel's plastic. I have only ever used microfiber. Does it easily get scratched ? Any protection available for that ?
Old 20th July 2022, 14:49   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
I just noticed scratches on instrument panel's plastic. I have only ever used microfiber. Does it easily get scratched ? Any protection available for that ?
It gets scratched easily. Mine had scratches on day of delivery itself, but visible only at certain angles.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 01:03   #2452

Re: Aftermarket front parking sensors stopped working in a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhvikas101 View Post
Hi BHP-ians,

I got my Honda City delivered on October 2021, being a car that will be handled by multiple people in the family we decided to get the front parking sensors installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhvikas101 View Post
Has anyone faced similar issues with their front parking sensors? This was installed during the delivery of the by Service center itself.

Thanks,
Vikas
So now to diagnose the issue or root cause the service center wants to check with another car that comes to service with a parking sensor installed , I don’t think that should be the SOP (standard operating procedure), what if they don’t get a car with front parking sensor? Will they not fix it then? I am sure there’s better ways to handle this.

Appreciate if someone has faced such an issue and can share his/her knowledge.

Thanks,
Vikas
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:20   #2453
BHPian

Auto furnish doesn't seem to be delivering to my pincode in HYD. Is there anybody who could recommend an offline store for good mats/screen protector etc?
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:27   #2454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
Auto furnish doesn't seem to be delivering to my pincode in HYD. Is there anybody who could recommend an offline store for good mats/screen protector etc?
1. Screen protector - search "
CAIDEN GUARDS 9H Unbreakable Car Infotainment System Screen Protector Compatible With HONDA CITY 2020" on amazon - It costs 299 Rupees

2. Car mat - I have Gfx 3D mat bought from carhatke. com, it is decent.

Edit: car mat - it is available on amazon (search "GFX Premium TPV Long Life Car Foot Mats Compatible for City 2020-2021 (Black)") - cheaper than carhatke.

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd July 2022 at 13:32.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:52   #2455
agm
BHPian

Hello,

I have shortlisted three cars/pseudo suv- City ZX CVT, Hyundai Creta SX(o) IVT & Maruti Grand Vitara(strong hybrid).

I would like the inputs of experts here to help me finalise the vehicle from the above list, especially those who already own City. Last year, I remember when I was planning to buy a new car, had taken a brief test drive of the city. Although I liked most of the things about city(except ground clearance & HU), But since I was bitten by the “SUV” craze didn’t really care about City. Now I am again in the market for a car which is reliable with decent performance and is easy on pocket.

I have called the local Honda dealership and they’ll bring the car today for test drive around 3.

Pricing of the grand Vitara has not been revealed yet but top end CITY ZX CVT is full 2Lakh cheaper than Creta SX(o) IVT.

The car will be used mostly by me in city(80%) & 20% on highways(including couple of family trip every year).

Last edited by agm : 23rd July 2022 at 13:58.
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:59   #2456
BHPian

Folks, sharing the quotation I received from the showroom in HYD. I would love to know if there are any apparent hits & misses in this?

Two things -
1. Asked them to remove basic kit - 8299
2. Insurance - he's offered bajaj insurance at 47650.

Do I need #9 and #10 ? The car is largely going to be used by family in city limits only.

Do I need to look into anything else or it's all standard and should do? This is for Honda City ZX CVT.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot-20220723-1.55.55-pm.png  

Last edited by karanskumar : 23rd July 2022 at 14:02. Reason: image upload
karanskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 14:08   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Do I need #9 and #10 ? The car is largely going to be used by family in city limits only.
Extended Warranty is good to have. Take it.

Take RSA cover from insurance instead, it will be much cheaper.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 21:26   #2458
BHPian

Quote:

Considering how Honda is not confirming its plans in India, buying extended warranty might be useful, atleast I have bought it when I took my car
Old 24th July 2022, 16:25   #2459
BHPian

Any recommendations for the CVTs key fob cover ?

And where do you keep the key while driving?
Old 24th July 2022, 17:44   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post

And where do you keep the key while driving?
Always my trouser pocket , I have a rather bad habit of misplacing things
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks