Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2023, 09:16   #3196
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinaryme View Post
Has anyone tried replacing the fog lights? Can I get it done from a 3rd party vendor within the warranty period, assuming it's got nothing to do with the warranty? Or any other suggestions perhaps?
I am in the same boat as you are, I have spoken to multiple service center staffs & engineers regarding upgrading the fog lamps to a projector, and even contacted few mod shops, none of them have a clear answer.

Few service center staff engineers say that its doable, others gave me a sensible answer that High beam for these projectors needs splicing or a separate switch to be attached for high beam. But there has been no clear answer on its affects on warranty of the vehicle. One of the answers I've gotten from one engineer was this would be looked at only if there are issues with that particular wiring circuit, but the issue is during warranty claims from insurance companies who look at every possible reason to reject the claim.

There are some shops and YouTube videos which demonstrates that they have already done these fog light modification without any issues to the car, but they too leave the decision to the owners in terms of warranty.

Are there any owners here who can throw some "light" on the fog lamp upgrade? This single aspect is the greatest dissatisfier in an otherwise sensible machine.
vikramhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 10:32   #3197
BHPian

25 years of Honda city
Haroun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 12:40   #3198
BHPian

I am having issues with windshield and the windows fogging a lot during the rains and especially in the traffic. I use the wiper a lot to get rid of the fog from the windshield.
But how do I get rid of the fog on window. Since there is a sizeable gap between the panel and the window, rolling it down doesn't help. It becomes really difficult to even look in the right mirror. Does anyone else face the same problem? Or it is just me?
Old 25th September 2023, 16:30   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
I am having issues with windshield and the windows fogging a lot during the rains and especially in the traffic. I use the wiper a lot to get rid of the fog from the windshield.
But how do I get rid of the fog on window. Since there is a sizeable gap between the panel and the window, rolling it down doesn't help. It becomes really difficult to even look in the right mirror. Does anyone else face the same problem? Or it is just me?
Select the switches Front & Rear, turn off inside re-circulation, turn the temp to Max Heat. Your screen will be clear in a few minutes.
kanna.sridharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 17:31   #3200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
I am having issues with windshield and the windows fogging a lot during the rains and especially in the traffic.
Easiest option is to keep the car in ACC and ensure that set temperature is not extremely off from the outside temperature shown in MID. Significant temperature difference between inside and outside is what causes condensation.

Also ensure the windshield is very clean. Clean using a diluted Isopropyl alcohol solution.

But for some reason if you are caught in fogging and want a quick escape then either opening the windows for 2 mins Or using AC + defogger + fresh air mode will solve the issue.

During extreme winters when you have to keep the inside the temperature high for a comfortable drive, AC + defogger + fresh air mode is the best option.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 18:49   #3201
BHPian

Thank you for the inputs.

I am more concerned about the driver side window fogging and me not able to do much about it because of the gap between the window and the door panel (in WagonR, I used to roll down the window and wipe off the fog/water).
Old 4th October 2023, 07:38   #3202
BHPian

Tyre deflation warning system

Has anyone experienced the tyre deflation warning coming up at random intervals? I always ensure to initialize it when I pump air and use the manufacturer recommended pressure, but the warning pops up suddenly and constantly keeps coming up no matter how many times I re-initialize it.

Is this a software issue or am I doing something wrong?
Old 4th October 2023, 09:04   #3203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
Tyre deflation warning system

Has anyone experienced the tyre deflation warning coming up at random intervals?
Is this a software issue or am I doing something wrong?
My City had this issue once. When one of the tyres got puncture on the side wall, I swapped it with the spare tyre (same size). After this even though the tyre pressure was correct and I had initialized the deflation warning system, the warning came up multiple times on a drive. I did initialization few more times and it disappeared after that. Mentioned this to SA and he didn't even mind it.
Old 4th October 2023, 14:06   #3204

Critical review of my Honda City V-Cvt after 9 months and 10,000 kms of ownership:

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-5.jpeg

Variant - 2022 V CVT
Accessories installed – Qubo front dash cam, OEM seat covers, cosmetic ones like bumper protectors, side garnish and sunblinds, ceramic coating including windshields, alloys painted dark grey

Using this post to be completely honest to myself while calling out the flaws and also nitpicking about my dear ride, daily companion and savior.
I have been driving the City in the sorry and now embarrassing Bangalore roads over the last 9 months. Enough has been said, written and recorded about the sorry state of affairs of Bangalore traffic, the digging and the potholes. Hence I will skip that, the lesser said the better. It’s a pain one has chosen to live with over the matchbox houses of Mumbai and smoggy air of Delhi. A pill that can’t be swallowed, has to be chewed each morning and evening.

Before going to the challenges I am experiencing; I want to appreciate the positives of the car.

• Exceptional value for money of the erstwhile base variant, especially for the price I got it for. Bought a 2022 make car in Jan 2023 for 12 lakhs ex-showroom and additional discounts on accessories, roughly 14.8 lakhs on road in Bangalore. The other true automatics with decent features available at the price point earlier in the year were the Ciaz, Brezza, Sonet and Venue.
• Almost all practical features provided in the base variant itself – cruise control, pedal shifters, front and rear armrest, touch screen with rear camera, alloy wheels, DRLs
• The 4 cylinder 1.5NA and CVT setup makes the car a breeze to drive, even on bumper to bumper drive. I previously owned a Jazz and coming from that, I have always felt there is enough power on the tap for this motor.
• Space management and airy cabins continue to remain a Honda highlight.
• The steering response and accuracy – maybe because I am driving a proper C-segment sedan for the first time. The steering is very light and easy to maneuver for city drives and gets adequate weight for highways

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-4a.jpeg

Listing some of the major concerns that I will certainly call out to potential buyers below –
1. Not spending much time talking about the competition, but if one is operating with a budget flexible up to 20 lakhs, City now falls behind the race with multiple better options available both in the mid size SUV and C segment sedan space.
2. The BOUNCINESS – this is my biggest problem with the car. The car is extremely bouncy even on flat roads. There is a lot of vertical as well as horizontal movement which makes the experience unpleasant. I like soft suspensions, especially when the roads are full with potholes, craters and what not. But the city suspension just doesn't feel right to me. Even on flat roads and highways, the car seems extremely bouncy and you can’t feel confident putting the car on sports mode because of lack of stability.
3. Dated IC system – cars like Baleno and I20 are coming with much better infotainment system these days. The IC makes me feel cheated.
4. I find the interiors sorted and classy, but many will find it dated, old school and lagging modern features like HUD etc.
5. Brakes – they are not confidence inspiring
6. The tyre size. Base variant comes with 185/60 R15, too skinny for the car.
7. Audio – While I am no audiophile, there is a big need to upgrade the speaker set up.
8. Alloys – If the Amaze and 4th gen City VX specs priced lower could have machine cut alloys, why not provide them on this one.

A couple of items I am seeking a view on from current owners and fellow bhpians –
1. Sports Mode utility – When do you typically use the sports mode? I very frequently used the sports mode in my Jazz but in the City, the drive on sports mode is very rough. The rpm becomes extremely sensitive to the accelerator tap and has a high degree of fluctuation, not to my liking. I am yet to identify the use – there is almost enough power in D itself for practical requirements. The sports mode drive is not enjoyable even on the highways, there is no smoothness. Might be just me, will be good to hear your views on the same.
2. Engine sump guard – is it advisable to get one? If yes, can anyone suggest where I can get it from in Bangalore or source from elsewhere as well.
3. Tyres – What are the benefits of changing the stock tyres to a good set of say UC6 ? Will changing the entire alloy set to 16inch in the future make sense ?

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-wash.jpg

While I love the car, and the City brand, the Indian market has evolved both on the demand and the supply side. Running operations of a mammoth multinational organization is complex and who are we to comment that Honda should introduce this, this and this to revamp business without understanding the context. Honda must be doing things right. They have cut products that could not drive sales (I miss Jazz) and have posted significant profits. Elevate will certainly add to the sales and it looks like they are restructuring and building things bottom up. It’s ok if they are not flying high in the Indian market, they are at least here to stay when it has been a game of survival for many foreign players.

To summarize, I am let down by my own expectations – I never thought that a car as aspirational as Honda City would leave you with wanting so much more.
cludflare is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 15:11   #3205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cludflare View Post
2. The BOUNCINESS – this is my biggest problem with the car. The car is extremely bouncy even on flat roads. There is a lot of vertical as well as horizontal movement which makes the experience unpleasant. I like soft suspensions, especially when the roads are full with potholes, craters and what not. But the city suspension just doesn't feel right to me. Even on flat roads and highways, the car seems extremely bouncy and you can’t feel confident putting the car on sports mode because of lack of stability.

A couple of items I am seeking a view on from current owners and fellow bhpians –

1. Sports Mode utility – When do you typically use the sports mode? I very frequently used the sports mode in my Jazz but in the City, the drive on sports mode is very rough. The rpm becomes extremely sensitive to the accelerator tap and has a high degree of fluctuation, not to my liking. I am yet to identify the use – there is almost enough power in D itself for practical requirements. The sports mode drive is not enjoyable even on the highways, there is no smoothness. Might be just me, will be good to hear your views on the same.
Regarding the extreme bounciness you are experiencing - it might be worth to have the suspension checked by Honda ASS or a trusted FNG for any fault. I have driven it at 90 KM/Hr on highways consistently and has not experienced any bounciness. I am not sure how it behaves beyond 100KM/Hr tough.

Regarding the Sports Mode utility - Only practical use I found so far is when going downhill. I shift the car to Manual mode in Sports and use Paddle shifter for engine breaking. Very useful while coming down a hill that especially has many curves. I can comfortably drive at 30KM/Hr to 40KM/Hr without using breaks, little accelerator input, and keeping the virtual gears at M2 or M3.
sreerknair is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 11:50   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
Critical review of my Honda City V-Cvt after 9 months and 10,000 kms of ownership:

3. Dated IC system – cars like Baleno and I20 are coming with much better infotainment system these days. The IC makes me feel cheated.
7. Audio – While I am no audiophile, there is a big need to upgrade the speaker set up.
To summarize, I am let down by my own expectations – I never thought that a car as aspirational as Honda City would leave you with wanting so much more.
Hi cludflare - I am owner of 4th Generation Honda City VMT (2018 make). Immediately after buying I had opted for https://www.rogermotors.com/productdetail/rogerab-duo and replaced the tyre from stock MRF to Michelin with same configuration. The bounciness which my colleagues who own 4th generation City & I have driven is considerably reduced after installing Rogerab DUO (plus changing tyres to Michelin).

In my office & friend circle who so ever buy Honda City and ask me some suggestion, I suggest them to have door damping and speaker upgrade immediately after delivery. There is a considerable improvement even with stock infotainment system if you do door damping and go for better quality speakers front & rear.

I personally feel that 185 section tyre (though should have been atleast 195 or 205), are more than enough for Indian city & highway upto legal speed limit. If you change the tyres to UC or Michelin or Yokohama stock sized tyre, the grip will be slightly better and with Rogerab DUO, your ride will improve for sure.
GoBabyGo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 12:49   #3207
Senior - BHPian

The bounciness has been a bit of a problem with the City on highways, particularly in the back seat. Add to that stilleto like 185 section tyres. The car feels light at highway speeds, although quite agile and manouverable. Maybe upsizing to 195 section tyres will help , albeit at the slight cost of fuel efficiency.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 18:17   #3208
BHPian

Quote:
2. The BOUNCINESS – this is my biggest problem with the car.
2. Engine sump guard – is it advisable to get one? If yes, can anyone suggest where I can get it from in Bangalore or source from elsewhere as well.
I have a Zx MT and I do not experience so much of bounciness as many pointed out in highway speeds around 100KMPH. It may be an issue when you push beyond 120.

I see a plastic sump guard (may be) beneath the sump came which came along with the vehicle. Don't you have this? BTW it's 2022 Oct make vehicle.

Contrary to your opinion, I love the car. Completed 12K KMs. I like the overall package. Lot of positives for me to say this
1. Suspension & ride quality - I would say it's excellent. I drove 500kms back to back over 36 hours and I can feel the the difference compared to my other drives.
2. Linear acceleration works great in the city and also for high way acceleration. Though it's lesser compared to Turbos it's good enough for me.
3. Stability - At 100 KMPH speeds on high way it's absolutely fine, no body roll or swaying.
4. Reliability - Zero niggles so far (touchwood)
5. Interior - Thanks to materials used in Zx, premium feel in the cabin
6. Fuel economy - I am positively surprise with the FE I get in the long drives /highways.

I would say it's more of an all rounder than a outshining in one area.

Last edited by blorebuddy : 5th October 2023 at 18:22.
blorebuddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 19:06   #3209
bvk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hi cludflare - I am owner of 4th Generation Honda City VMT (2018 make). Immediately after buying I had opted for https://www.rogermotors.com/productdetail/rogerab-duo and replaced the tyre from stock MRF to Michelin with same configuration. The bounciness which my colleagues who own 4th generation City & I have driven is considerably reduced after installing Rogerab DUO (plus changing tyres to Michelin).

I personally feel that 185 section tyre (though should have been atleast 195 or 205), are more than enough for Indian city & highway upto legal speed limit. If you change the tyres to UC or Michelin or Yokohama stock sized tyre, the grip will be slightly better and with Rogerab DUO, your ride will improve for sure.
Thank you! Didn't know about Rogerab. Saw the video and it seems to be a very good option to improve the suspension. Couple of quick questions Did you buy directly from the site? How did you install - can we take it to any FNG and show the video and they can fix it? Also, do you think it will help even for very old vehicles - I use 2004 Honda city Gxi CVT for my in city office commute and this seems to be a good option to improve the suspension
bvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 20:54   #3210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvk View Post
Thank you! Didn't know about Rogerab. Saw the video and it seems to be a very good option to improve the suspension. Couple of quick questions Did you buy directly from the site? How did you install - can we take it to any FNG and show the video and they can fix it? Also, do you think it will help even for very old vehicles - I use 2004 Honda city Gxi CVT for my in city office commute and this seems to be a good option to improve the suspension
Hi, I checked their website in late 2018 and talked to the person on the number mentioned in the website. They were based out of Gujarat and I paid them directly. They sent me the product through courier and informed me via message who will assist in fitting it. They have tie up with tyre dealers in almost all the cities and I at that time was based in Delhi and had no issue in its installation. It took about 30 minutes in installation.

These are still in my City and I am very satisfied with its performance. I have never physically measured but I think ground clearance will increase by 4mm to 5mm after installation. I also felt better stability in high speed & corners though I don't drive above 90kmph even on best of roads.

I think it will fit in 2004 City comfortably. Best is to call them & discuss about your requirement & find out with whom they have tie up for installation in your city.

Last edited by GoBabyGo : 5th October 2023 at 20:55.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks