Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2023, 22:06   #3166
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

I drive City manual since Dec'22, in City-traffic I get around 10kmpl and in Highway around 14-16kmpl. Can extract more mileage if I upshift wherever possible, but it is very difficult to lose the joy of hearing/experiencing the City's roar after 4k rpm. So I stick to 2nd/3rd gear in City-traffic and 3rd/4th in high way (at least in stretches where there are vehicles and lot of opportunities to overtake).

Main reason for choosing City was v-tec, so kicking it frequently enough satisfies the purpose
ByKaizen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 22:24   #3167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Mileage in city is a bit disappointing. But wait for 1000kms and then test using tank-full to tank-full method.

For the Honda connect app, does the app show a notification (ignition is turned on) as soon as you start the car?
Yes, I do see other notifications including ignition status, geo fencing (just set 400m around my home to test it), etc.
Old 24th August 2023, 08:11   #3168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealunity View Post
Yes, I do see other notifications including ignition status, geo fencing (just set 400m around my home to test it), etc.
Log a complaint via the app. Honda will call you back to confirm the issue. For me, the trip issue was resolved after 1 call.
Old 24th August 2023, 16:37   #3169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJO
If your car is under warranty kindly take your car to service center and they will connect their system with your car and do some resetting since it is all electric steering
Update on left side pulling
I took the car to service centre and they did alignment again and trying to diagnose the problem. My car never had any accidents apart from minor scratches, only work done is change of right suspension under warranty due to some steering vibrations at 6000km running. Service centre people tried to blame it on some major frontal impact but i denied any sort of accident. Now they have asked for time to diagnose the problem, hope to get it resolved soon.
Old 28th August 2023, 11:24   #3170

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4589 View Post
What is not so great about the car is - mileage. With the lightest of foots possible I am not getting above 7.5 - 8 in city and highway between 12 - 15. Also idle sound from outside is like a mini Diesel engine which was not the case in any other city we owned.
Anyone else have the mileage issue?
I bought a City CVT VX, pre-facelift in June 2023, I am also getting approximately same mileage as you, in ECO mode, wondering if it is normal or if something needs to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
I too drive a 5th Gen CVT bought in Oct 2021. Current odo at 20k kms. I usually get 13 to 13.5kmpl in city and 17kmpl on highways, highest being 19.8kmpl on Pune-Mumbai-Pune stretch.
I and my father drive our city VX CVT, and are not able to tap anything above 11-12 on highways and 8-9 in city, both of us are light footed, for reference, we used to extract some good fuel efficiency of 18-19 in city and 22-23 in our Corolla 2012 Diesel

Any tips that could help us improve the mileage, since it's the first time we're driving a CVT.

Mod Notes :

Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Please proof read for typo, punctuation and grammar before posting

Last edited by graaja : 28th August 2023 at 11:42. Reason: Merging back to back threads. Fixing typo. Trimming quoted text.
Old 28th August 2023, 12:42   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashsinghania View Post
Any tips that could help us improve the mileage, since it's the first time we're driving a CVT.
I dont drive in Eco mode at all. Not even in the city. I feel I need to put more efforts to drive and it takes up more fuel.

For highways I try to use cruise control which helps with the mileage. Bad roads and traffic, the FE drops drastically. But straight good roads, I was able to get nearly 19kmpl for a 600km run.
Mumbaiker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 16:22   #3172
BHPian

hi all,

I have booked a Honda City V CVT, Meteoroid Grey color.

Are there any accessories which need to be added?

Few points:
- I have bought a Dashcam, which needs to be fixed and opted for default Honda standard kit.
- I wanted to ask about the seat covers. Honda seat covers cost close to 13k, are they worth it or are the fabric seat covers good enough?
- There are front and rear bumper protectors, are they worth it?
- I may go for the steering wheel Cover.
- As of now, not opting to upsize tires, will try OEM tires out for now.
- Is adding like Ceramic or PPF coating required or recommended?

Anything else which I have missed and is recommended?

Thanks.
Old 28th August 2023, 19:42   #3173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
hi all,

Thanks.
Congratulations on your booking

Please see the response below for your questions.

- I have bought a Dashcam, which needs to be fixed and opted for default Honda standard kit.

Honda Dealer generally don't do Dashcam installation, you need to do it outside, they charge around Rs 500 to 1000.
I didn't opt for the starter kit, except the mats, i didn't find them useful. Got the mats outside in accessories shop. People here buy it online and install it.

- I wanted to ask about the seat covers. Honda seat covers cost close to 13k, are they worth it or are the fabric seat covers good enough?

I got the seat covers installed by the dealer itself, didn't want to mess with the airbag operation by giving it outside. You can't put fabric covers as they might hinder airbag operation. Please check that once, I might be wrong. Either Leave the default or put it in dealer itself.

I had got it, fun part any when bumper damages the entire bumper only gets replaced. Though you can re-stick them in the new bumper.

Get it outside.

Upsized to Conti UC6 195/60/R15. They improve handling.

Got 3M coating done as mine is Golden Brown scratches would be easily visible.

People suggested to get sun films installed specifically for front and back windshields as it will help in A/C cooling.
Old 28th August 2023, 19:46   #3174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
hi all,

Few points:

Anything else which I have missed and is recommended?

Thanks.
The resale value of new tires vs used tires (even if it is used for 6 months) is quite big. There will not be any review where they did not mention that the 185 seriously under tired. I feel 195 or 205 is mandatory and it brings in a better grip, braking and handling (and safety) for sure.
Old 28th August 2023, 22:49   #3175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashsinghania View Post
.....Any tips that could help us improve the mileage, since it's the first time we're driving a CVT....
This is what has helped me. Tweaked my driving style to suit CVT driving.
1. Light foot/gentle acceleration.
2. Keeping RPMs below 2000
3. Avoid frequent engine on/off.

If you drive in dense traffic conditions and that too over short distances, then low mileage is unavoidable.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 28th August 2023 at 22:51. Reason: Additional Comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 00:42   #3176
BHPian

Hi BHPians
Need help regarding my cars specific problem, as mentioned in the previous posts in this thread my honda city has pulling to left side while driving and steering is also tilted to left side. I gave my car to Honda ASC (Alpha Honda, Belagavi) on 23rd august and they are not able to diagnose the problem, they have changed each suspension part with demo car and checked but pulling is still persisting. As of now they are saying its subframe problem but they are not sure. Each day they are blaming some part and at the end of the day we are nowhere. Now i am becoming impatient as l need my car for work and as per me they don’t have any idea what’s going on with the car. In this case whom to contact apart from service centre manager and can someone PM me the important email id’s to contact.

Last edited by Neurodoc : 29th August 2023 at 00:50.
Old 30th August 2023, 18:28   #3177
BHPian

Excellent Fuel-Efficiency

Achieved FE of 22 kmpl over 243 kms on 99% 4-lane roads today

Car will be two years old in a week. No complaints so far. I am enjoying the drives!

I use Cruise-control a lot, wish I had the adaptive-Cruise-control which comes in newer models.

I tried Indian-oil XP95 and it appears that I have better acceleration, maybe it is a placebo-effect.

(My highest ever FE was 25.1 kmpl over 52 kms).
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230830_22_0.jpeg  

manim is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 23:07   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
I got the horn changed a few weeks back at Musicar, Gurgaon. Chose the Hella Trumpet and the difference is 100x better.
Please also let me know if it’s a simple plug and play? Or will I have to cut wires
Old 4th September 2023, 11:56   #3179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post
Please also let me know if it’s a simple plug and play? Or will I have to cut wires
Was a 10 minute job, they pulled out a bracket type mount, removed and disconnected the old horn, and out in the new one. Then put the bracket type thing back in.
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:50   #3180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
1. Light foot/gentle acceleration.
2. Keeping RPMs below 2000
3. Avoid frequent engine on/off.

Agree with these points. I have a 5th Gen CVT and was able to extract 20 KMPL with 3 people on board covering a distance of about 500 KM. AC was always on. I never went above 90 KMPH and RPM rarely went over 3000.
CarCraze is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks