Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2023, 02:36   #3091

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Same height, same car, but I haven't experienced any pain in the calf. May be you need some time to get used to the driving position. Try lowering the seat and see if that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations and all the best with your City.
Thanks for the replies, guys. I tried a few adjustments with the riding position. I have lessened the distance and straightened the seat a little.
The pain does seem to have subsided. Could be because of these gimmicks or maybe pain was because of the first time jitters to begin with, don't know.

Anyhow, let's see how it goes in a couple of weeks or a month's time.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th June 2023 at 03:04. Reason: Quotes trimmed. Please quote relevant sectinos of posts only.
Old 28th June 2023, 10:16   #3092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Hi Everyone,

.....Dealer is saying, as the vehicle is in standing position from long time its
coming because of that.....
The dealer is probably right. I have experienced this kind of noise from my cars when they have been stationary for a long period, e.g: during COVID lockdown. You won't hear it when the car is in regular running condition.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 28th June 2023 at 10:17. Reason: Grammatical correction
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 13:50   #3093

Hey everyone, we were looking to buy the new 2023 Honda City. However only the VX variant would fit within our budget, and I love the headlamps on the ZX variant. So my questions are;

Can the headlamps on the VX be replaced with OEM ZX headlamps?

If yes, are you aware of the total costs?
Aneesh13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 14:43   #3094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneesh13 View Post
Hey everyone, we were looking to buy the new 2023 Honda City. However only the VX variant would fit within our budget, and I love the headlamps on the ZX variant. So my questions are;

Can the headlamps on the VX be replaced with OEM ZX headlamps?

If yes, are you aware of the total costs?
I recently purchased the Honda City VX CVT (Pre-facelift version). The LED headlamps from ZX can be installed in the VX for Rs. 13k as per the sales advisor.
Iconoclast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 08:58   #3095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinaryme View Post

1) I'm 5'11 and I find that I'm not able to stretch my right leg while driving, because of which my right knee, calf is taking some pressure and hence aching a bit. I've stretched the seat to the max. Now, could it be because I'm driving automatic for the first time, or is something else? Has it happened to any of you guys here, who are as tall or taller than me?
When I first started using City 2 years back, whether driving myself or sitting in the front passenger seat, I too felt some pain on the outside portion of my calf muscle for some days. It would appear soon after sitting in the car and would gradually become almost too uncomfortable to sit.
But after some months the problem disappeared.
Maybe my calf muscle got conditioned to my sitting posture in City.
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 14:11   #3096
BANNED

I was looking for a reliable, trouble free car, low on features and gizmos. was considering V Cvt.
Got to know it comes with Adas now. For me it is additonal worry with extra sensors, camera, adas integration with the mechanicals - braking, steering etc.

Since usage of my car is very less - once in 2 weeks or longer, 5000 kms a year, All this additional tech worries me. Plus increased cost of replacement parts, sensors etc if damaged. Additional downtime if something goes wrong.
I think in such a car even the battery would run out if unused for a month.

I wish I could choose "not to have Adas". So Only option is SV manual. or shift to another brand for an automatic.

If anyone of you who have visited the service centres, got any idea if such problems are occuring or glanced at spare part costs or if something goes wrong, how easy/ complicated it is to rectify?

Thanks!
sinhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 14:54   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
I wish I could choose "not to have Adas". So Only option is SV manual. or shift to another brand for an automatic.
I am not sure how much the battery gets affected by the ADAS to be honest, as it starts only when the car starts. Also, most of the ADAS can be switched off manually (needs to be done every time the car is started).
Since this doesn't use radar tech, it would be a bit less costlier to replace/repair than what is used in Verna.

Also, if a reliable Honda is needed, check Amaze.
Mumbaiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 19:55   #3098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
I was looking for a reliable, trouble free car, low on features and gizmos. was considering V Cvt.
Got to know it comes with Adas now. For me it is additonal worry with extra sensors, camera, adas integration with the mechanicals - braking, steering etc.

Since usage of my car is very less - once in 2 weeks or longer, 5000 kms a year, All this additional tech worries me. Plus increased cost of replacement parts, sensors etc if damaged. Additional downtime if something goes wrong.
I think in such a car even the battery would run out if unused for a month.

If you're open to it, you could consider going for a pre-owned pre-facelift Honda City 5th Gen. They're likely to be less than 3 years old, with a warranty.

If you're lucky, you might even get the VX or ZX CVT variants at decent prices. Those didn't come with ADAS and seem to tick all your requirements.

Your running is very low and given the usual Honda reliability, shouldn't pose any issues as such if you get a good pre-worshipped unit.
KryptonMonkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 22:34   #3099

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
IMHO, it might be the A/C compressor clutch engaging with the pulley. Will exhibit the same symptoms as @ntorq mentioned. Power delivery is sapped for a millisecond. It's very evident at low rpms during gentle acceleration(faint throttle inputs) and when the car hasn't gained enough momentum.

I presume there are no workarounds in the consumer stand-point.
You think visiting the Honda Cars India head plant in Noida can help? Have tried pursuing the problem with the local Honda service center, and it's futile. The issue, albeit not a deal-breaker, is quite irritating.

Is there a reason why it always happens at a particular point during the rev range?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st July 2023 at 20:11. Reason: Typos
Old 30th June 2023, 05:03   #3100
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why I bought a City Automatic in 2023 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cludflare View Post
Dear Bhpians,

This is a story of how random car buying decisions can be and how illogical we motor heads can get when it comes to the excitement of owning a pair of new wheels. I completed the first 5000kms with my City V CVT (based model) and it's a good time to share the buying decision and initial experience.
I think honestly, you were looking for a larger car overall. Because ground clearance is not a strong suit of the City either. Then again, the 1.5 CVT while being smooth , perhaps smoother than the Jazz, is still the same CVT. I hope you do not get bored of the way it operates because that tendency does develop in a relatively short span of time.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st July 2023 at 20:09. Reason: Trimmed quote
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 14:12   #3101
BHPian

Hi - I was looking to purchase neck support for rear seats in my city (something like the one's found skoda kodiaq's rear seats - see image below), are there any suggestions that I can look for? or if you have already purchased something for your car?

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2017skodakodiaq08.jpg
LordSharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 19:31   #3102
Senior - BHPian

Another long distance solo drive - Mix of all types of roads, 667 km drive returned a mileage of 19.9 kmpl. This mileage figure is very impressive! Mine is 2021 V manual variant.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20230701_192608.jpg  

Last edited by graaja : 1st July 2023 at 23:44. Reason: As requested
Latheesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 17:25   #3103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Hi Everyone,

When I attempted to move front and back at very low speed, I noticed there is a squeaking noise while breaking. Dealer is saying, as the vehicle is in standing position from long time its coming because of that.
Mine is a Sep 2022 manufacture VX CVT. I too have experienced this sound quite a few times. I took this to the dealer and they said it was due to rain, ie. whenever there is some water in the brakes, we get this sound, which comes only at very slow speeds. I didnt get that sound after the rainy season was over. But for the past couple of days the sound has started again. Eventhough the sound is very less and comes only during initial start of the vehice, this needs to be checked on what is the issue. Will again ask the service guy in the next service.
CarCraze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 09:57   #3104
BHPian

All,

I took a test drive of a Honda City ZX CVT model from Dakshin Honda, Hosur Road yesterday. The CVT + NA engine combo was not as bad as I thought it was when it came to responsiveness, and I personally liked the spacious and understated interiors of the car. The V CVT seems to be really good value for money and will provide me a mechanically sound fuss free ownership experience at least for the next 8-10 years, however what concerns me is the ASS experience of Honda showrooms in Bangalore in general. The forum as well as the google maps reviews are filled with horrific service experience from these dealers, not to mention the apparent reduction in quality as compared to the older generations. I have asked the showroom guys to bring the car to my apartment to see if it will fit in considering the parking is slightly tight and will take the decision accordingly. In the event that parking is manageable, would you gents recommend investing on a Honda City at this stage, keeping the current service experience in mind? If not this, I have fixed the Kia Sonet Diesel AT in mind. Appreciate your thoughts, thank you.

Regards,
SS

Last edited by ss11011988 : 3rd July 2023 at 09:58. Reason: Variant Correction
ss11011988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 13:28   #3105
BHPian

Hi,

Today I burst my front right side tyre when the car went in a deep pothole at around 70/80 kmph. Looks like a sidewall cut, which as far as I understand can’t be repaired.

Question to all is should I buy the same size tyre as the stock (which is there in other 3) or should I upgrade to 195 R15 (which I intend to change later on)?
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_7694.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks