Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2023, 13:49   #3106
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Question to all is should I buy the same size tyre as the stock (which is there in other 3) or should I upgrade to 195 R15 (which I intend to change later on)?
If you are thinking of changing all 4 then this could be a good time to do it. Of course you know only one tyre cannot be of a different size.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 15:11   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
If you are thinking of changing all 4 then this could be a good time to do it. Of course you know only one tyre cannot be of a different size.

Cheers
Thanks,

Also if buying 1 tyre, would buying the exactly same model be recommended or would it have any impact if I choose different brand tyres? My stock tyres are MRF ZVTV 185/60/R15 84H.
Old 3rd July 2023, 16:19   #3108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also if buying 1 tyre, would buying the exactly same model be recommended or would it have any impact if I choose different brand tyres? My stock tyres are MRF ZVTV 185/60/R15 84H.
If you are only changing one tyre I would stick to the same brand, pattern and size.

Cheers
Old 3rd July 2023, 16:46   #3109
BHPian

I currently drive a 5th Gen V CVT.

Whenever i go for a long trip, I feel pain in my tricep region, due to steering inputs.

Being a right handed person, i predominantly use that.

Any suggestion, If there is something wrong with my posture which is causing this.

Note: I have adjusted the seat to little bit higher position due to my back pain issues.
Old 4th July 2023, 07:50   #3110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks,

You can also use the current spare tire now and buy new spare of different size (which you are planning to upgrade).
Old 4th July 2023, 10:18   #3111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCraze View Post
Mine is a Sep 2022 manufacture VX CVT. I too have experienced this sound quite a few times. I took this to the dealer and they said it was due to rain, ie. whenever there is some water in the brakes, we get this sound, which comes only at very slow speeds. I didnt get that sound after the rainy season was over. But for the past couple of days the sound has started again. Eventhough the sound is very less and comes only during initial start of the vehice, this needs to be checked on what is the issue. Will again ask the service guy in the next service.
Thanks for the response. I chose not to go ahead with the vehicle. Discount was pretty good, almost 1.8 Lakh. But uncertainty around how to fix this noise was making me very nervous.
Here is a small video that I made during PDI.
Old 4th July 2023, 10:44   #3112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post

Whenever i go for a long trip, I feel pain in my tricep region, due to steering inputs.
I had this exact problem while driving Honda City in the initial days. I always used to drive with just my right hand on the steering wheel. When it started paining badly I started holding steering wheel with both the hands. That addressed the pain. Now on long drives, I hold the steering with both my hands most of the time.

What I understood is - the right side door pad is not usable to rest my right hand while holding the steering and if I control the steering with just that hand, it puts pressure on the triceps area causing pain. The light steering and low seating position means you can't just place your one hand on the steering to keep it straight, instead you have to hold it with upward pressure. In my earlier cars, which had hydraulic steering and higher seating position, I could just rest my one hand on the steering and it will still hold straight.

Note - It is safer to hold the steering wheel with both your hands for control during emergency. So I took this inconvenience as a correction to my earlier bad habit of using just one hand
sreerknair is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 23:31   #3113

Hello Team BHPians,

Although this is my first time posting on the forum, I have been actively following the threads. Based on that, I recently purchased 2023 facelift Honda City ZX CVT (white pearl). It has been 30 days since the purchase, and I have already completed the first service at 1200 Kms.

Here are the accessories I have added
  • Utility package ( Bumper protector, Door handle protector, Door edge garnish, Body side moulding)
  • AutoTech 7D mats
  • 3M Underbody Coating
  • MICHELIN 12266 High Power Rapid Tyre Inflator (purchased from Amazon) and cover (purchased from a nearby shop)
I have a few pending items for which I need advice:
  • I'm interested in installing a dash cam. Can anyone recommend a suitable dash cam and suggest the best placement for it, considering the facelift has an ADAS Camera in the center?
  • Has anyone installed a front cam or sensor? If yes, is it possible to integrate it with the existing system?
  • I am considering getting Paint Protection Film (PPF), but I read in some threads that it is not recommended for white color cars. what do you think? I'm looking particularly for areas prone to scratches?
Thanks in Advance

Last edited by stormrider : 9th July 2023 at 23:57.
Old 10th July 2023, 08:15   #3114
BHPian

Quote:

In my 4th gen, I keep steering at the lowest level and my right arm can rest on the doorpad. Does this not work in the 5th gen?

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2024 at 19:23.
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 11:56   #3115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider View Post
I have a few pending items for which I need advice:
  • I'm interested in installing a dash cam. Can anyone recommend a suitable dash cam and suggest the best placement for it, considering the facelift has an ADAS Camera in the center?
Hey Stormriders ! Welcome to TeamBHP and many congratulations on your new car.

I have installed the 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dash Cam. I installed it to the left of the rear view mirror so it doesn't impede the ADAS. I have not hard wired it (didnt want to get into warranty trouble) so it works only when the car is ON.

You can find more information about Dash cams in the following thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...vr-thread.html (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)

Last edited by Mumbaiker : 10th July 2023 at 12:04. Reason: content added
Mumbaiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 19:14   #3116
BHPian

I got this error on the dash today. I will be taking the car to service centre, hopefully its not a major thing.
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-error.jpeg
Mumbaiker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 20:12   #3117
BHPian

Quote:

Being a right handed person, i predominantly use that.

Any suggestion, If there is something wrong with my posture which is causing this.

Note: I have adjusted the seat to little bit higher position due to my back pain issues.
What I've observed is that the steering does not go down low enough. Telescopic adjustment has a good range but the tilt adjustment has a limited range and maybe that's what is causing the discomfort. This was not the case in the previous generation City/Jazz(which I own) where the tilt adjustment had a good range. I somehow don't like the driver seating position in the 5th gen City. I feel like I'm sitting too high even at the lowest seat height adjustment position.

Last edited by Dead_Pedal : 10th July 2023 at 20:14.
Old 11th July 2023, 06:42   #3118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
I got this error on the dash today. I will be taking the car to service centre, hopefully its not a major thing.
Attachment 2474417
Check for rat bite to the charging cables, I had same error last month and it turned out to be a rat bite case. The support person from dealership said that for 5th gen city they are replacing entire wiring harness under insurance claim or you can opt to just reconnect the wires and have it taped up
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 14:36   #3119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Check for rat bite to the charging cables, I had same error last month and it turned out to be a rat bite case. The support person from dealership said that for 5th gen city they are replacing entire wiring harness under insurance claim or you can opt to just reconnect the wires and have it taped up
You are right. That was a rat bite on the battery terminal cable.
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-wire_cut.jpeg

I did not go for the full harness replacement. They just taped the wire back and ran some scans to check for other cuts (thats what the Service advisor said)
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-wire_taped.jpeg

Will be exploring local market to see if anyone can put a metal coil around the wires.
Mumbaiker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 13:54   #3120
BHPian

Hello friends - I bought the 5th gen City ZX MT during Dec'22, as every other Vtec fans my brain says upshift upshift, but the heart and ears never listen to it and the car going to 4 or above gears inside city is very rare. Just to feel a little more happier I wish to install a free flow exhaust.

Can you please let know pointers around Chennai? I have gone through the forum about Raj (Bangalore) and Automech but want to know the options in Chennai.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks