Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2023, 00:14   #3211
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Love the black alloys. I drive a manual so I won’t comment on the engine. I have done triple digit speeds on 185/60 r15 tyres and the car is confidently stable. I get a little nervous beyond that and the smaller wheels are too blamed.

There is this fish like movement at high speeds on flyovers with uneven roads but on flat roads the car is perfectly planted. Many of my friends and family have admired how comfortable the back seat is. Many have slept overnight and have actually admired the composure of the car for hours. As already suggested please check with your dealer service.

The CVTs are primarily for comfort and not like the enthusiastic VAG twins which are more performance oriented AT’s.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th October 2023 at 08:04. Reason: Removing illegal speed references. Thanks.
broke_enthu27 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 14:33   #3212

Thank you for your comments.

1. By engine sump guard, i actually meant the entire engine cover. Is it advisable to get that installed ?

2. On the suspension, I ll get mine checked during the 3rd service which is planned for this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
The bounciness which my colleagues who own 4th generation City & I have driven is considerably reduced after installing Rogerab DUO (plus changing tyres to Michelin).
Is this recommended for softer suspension and bounciness or in general it's good to have ? Will this impact the warranty ?

Also, can anyone clarify whether door dampening and speaker change will impact warranty or not ?

Last edited by Aditya : 8th October 2023 at 19:11. Reason: Quote tag fixed
cludflare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 17:58   #3213

Honda City has launched the Elegant Version but I noticed that they have cancelled the cash discounts etc to match it up. This is called as the 'Festive Offer'.

Is it worth to have those changes & pay the extra 26K for it.

Whats your view pals
techprovijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 23:06   #3214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cludflare View Post
On the suspension, I ll get mine checked during the 3rd service which is planned for this month
Hi, i feel you are right. City is bouncy on uneven roads at speeds above 100-110 kmph, if you upgrade to rogerab please let us know your experience. Thank you
Old 7th October 2023, 13:41   #3215
BHPian

After the recent rains in Kerala my car was covered in mud and I don't have the energy to clean it spending at least 4 hours. So after 2 years, for the first time, took the car outside for a wash and wax. Wish it stayed this clean all the time

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20231007_1243324.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20231007_1243122.jpg
sreerknair is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 14:11   #3216
BHPian

Has anyone installed front lights apart from OEM fitment to enhance visibility for night drives in Northen India / winters / mountains?

I'm referring to mod jobs seen on Thars / 4x4 off-roaders. You can refer to this image from Bimbra 4x4.

For the upcoming trips to North India (Dharamshala) and December plan for a 5000km ride (Gurugram - Goa - Nagpur - Varanasi - Gurugram) I am keen to install:

1. Additional front light
2. Skid plates for engine protection
3. Front dash cam

My engine guard has taken a lot of beating from Spiti trip and recent water flooding in Gurgaon
Old 7th October 2023, 21:55   #3217
BHPian

Hello cludfare,

Owner of a 2023 Honda City V CVT here. If I may share my thoughts on the pointers you raised :

1. Agreed, the market has changed and the competition has moved up. However, when it comes to the question of owning a no non-sense, classy and reliable sedan, I find the City hard to beat.
2. I have experienced bounciness only on sections of highways with uneven surfaces. Eg : Flyover spans. Otherwise, the car is rock solid on highways.
3. Yes, it does look dated, but it does the job pretty well. The Android Auto pair up is extremely quick which I appreciate a lot.
4. Well, I like the minimalistic look of the cabin and prefer physical controls to humungous touch screens.
5. Brakes - I agree. Has a spongy feel to it, not very confidence inspiring. However, it stops the car 9/10 times without any drama. My friend's 9 year old Grand I10 had a much sharper bite.
6. Tyre size - Too early to complain, but I believe it might be a problem if you push the car to the limits. For me, I maintain the car speeds at 80-90 kmph so I guess the stock tyres will be more than enough.
7. Audio - I find the audio quality to be pretty decent, however better speakers and damping could bring a sea of change, I reckon.
8. Not a big concern to me.

Otherwise, the car is a city driver's delight. The powertrain is excellent, the steering is light and direct, the seats are supportive and comfy, the AC works well and the cabin is spacious. On the highways, yes the competitors will smoke it, but then again the City was meant for effortless cruising while keeping your entire family comfortable rather than setting land speed records. Extremely happy that I chose this car over it's counterparts.

Cheers,
SS
ss11011988 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 14:38   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Hi cludflare - I suggest them to have door damping and speaker upgrade immediately after delivery. There is a considerable improvement even with stock infotainment system if you do door damping and go for better quality speakers front & rear.
Hi,

Any recommendation for good mechanic in NCR to get the damping done without voiding the warranty?
Old 8th October 2023, 14:52   #3219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Hi,

Any recommendation for good mechanic in NCR to get the damping done without voiding the warranty?
Hi, you can try Motor Concept, Metro Pillar Number 330, J1, Kailash Park, Basai Dara pur, Kirti Nagar, New Delhi. Mobile 08826169942. Some time back I asked him over phone for door damping of my colleague's 5th generation City when he quoted about 10k for 4 doors & boot door 2 layer damping. They are amongst the best in NCR for audio & door damping work.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 23:00   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, you can try Motor Concept
Thank you for the recommendation @GoBabyGo. I called up the workshop and went there today afternoon to get the treatment done for my City. The team did a thorough job at it. I got my doors and floor work done and it took them a couple of hours to finish the job. Few points to note:

1. Variety: They have products across price range starting from INR 700/sheet. I went ahead with CTK Standard Professional Series costing INR 1150/sheet (they initially quoted INR 1200 per sheet). The box mentioned manufacturing and import from Ukraine. The job required 17 CTK sheets. The team explained the process, with ~2.5 sheets required per door (plus trim) with selective patching on the inside of the door, full sheet on the inner panel and selective patching on the trim as was called out in another forum (ICE upgrade conundrum for my 3rd-gen Maruti Swift) by @AutoNoob

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_6720-2.jpeg

2. Trained team: The team attended to 5 cars at one go and every person was trained at specific job - removing door trims, seats & floor carpet to applying the sheets. Few pics here from the Job.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_6709-2.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_6719-2.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_6723-2.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_6721-2.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_6722-2.jpeg

3. Diligence: The owners kept a strong vigil on the work happening and things were checked before fitting the trims again.

Few things I was surprised with:

1. No GST levied
2. No bill issued
3. 2% extra asked for card payment

Overall, I am happy with the experience. The cabin does sound quieter by 60%+ and I will take some time to recalibrate my senses while driving.
saurabh89 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 10:01   #3221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Thank you for the recommendation @GoBabyGo. I called up the workshop and went there today afternoon to get the treatment done for my City. The team did a thorough job at it. I got my doors and floor work done and it took them a couple of hours to finish the job.

Overall, I am happy with the experience. The cabin does sound quieter by 60%+ and I will take some time to recalibrate my senses while driving.
Hi saurabh89 - This was quick response by you. Good that you are satisfied with the work done by Motor Concept. Just to make it clear that I am not associated with them in any way, it is just that I have seen lots of video of Motor Concept (budget, mid range & high end Audio work) and door damping work and found them amongst the best in NCR.

During the course of your work on damping, did you try their audio options or you have already upgraded the speakers in your Honda City. I am not sure, but I think they have an option to replace stock rear view camera to better quality camera for 4th & 5th Generation City. Did you get any chance to discuss about it.

How much you had paid for the whole work.

Last edited by GoBabyGo : 9th October 2023 at 10:02.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 19:15   #3222

Do Honda install some sort of rev limiters in their cars?

My 2022 Gen V City is only revving till 5000 rpm while idling in neutral. Weird..
Old 10th October 2023, 18:06   #3223
BHPian

Sent my City, today morning for its 3rd free service.

Issues I reported to the service advisor:

1.The jerking at lower speeds (something that many of us have reported)
2.Horn going out of breath sometimes
3.Rattling noise from the passenger side roofline area
4.Steering rack noise while turning the steering

He admitted that the Steering rack issue is pretty common among the lastest gen City’s.
Will update on the progress tomorrow once I receive my car.
Auto spawn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 11:29   #3224
BHPian

What is the best way to fix a big, ugly scratch on the left OVRM ?

Scratch is bit deeper to rub it out.
Old 11th October 2023, 11:58   #3225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBITS View Post
Do Honda install some sort of rev limiters in their cars?

My 2022 Gen V City is only revving till 5000 rpm while idling in neutral. Weird..
I guess most modern mainstream cars will have a soft limiter when redlining in neutral. The real rev range would be when we accelerate in gear.

For example, the 1.5 iDTEC diesels in Amaze/Mobilio had rev limit set at 2k rpm when in neutral.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks