Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2024, 14:25   #3301

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

On February 27, 2024, I went to Abhikaran Honda Indore for a 30,000-kilometer service on my Honda City V Diesel. I informed the service advisor about the clutch pedal noise and the steering tilting to the left. I had the clutch pedal noise problem before when I took my car in for a 20,000 km service; they lubricated the clutch, but the problem remained. We sat in the car, and I demonstrated to the service advisor the clutch pedal noise and steering issue. He assured me that the problems would be resolved and began listing them on the job card. Also, without my permission, the service advisor added AC vent cleaning. I made it clear to him that I did not want any additional services beyond the 30,000-kilometer service. I was told that the car would be delivered to me in about 2–3 hours. When I went to collect the car, I sat in it to check if the clutch pedal noise was fixed. I pressed the clutch pedal, and the noise was still there. I asked the service advisor, and he said they lubricated the clutch and he didn't hear any noise. I told him to sit in the car and demonstrate the noise, but the advisor refused to accept that the noise was there. After repeatedly asking him to fix the problem, he told me it was a minor issue and not to worry. He told me that this problem affects all cars. I told him that if all the cars had this problem, we should check them. Then we sat in two different Honda City, and there was no noise. I told him that even if it was a minor issue, it should be fixed because it could become a problem in the future, and the service center could blame it on my driving habits and charge me to replace clutch-related parts. He then called a mechanic, who began lubricating the clutch, but the noise persisted. Then, after a while, another mechanic checked and informed the service advisor that the switch assembly was the problem and asked to replace it. After replacing the part, the problem was resolved, and I drove the car and noticed that the same noise was coming from the brake pedal. I couldn't hear the brake pedal noise before because I assumed it was from the clutch. Then I told the service advisor that the same noise was coming from the brake pedal. Now they told me that this noise is caused by dust in all cars and is a minor issue that you should not be concerned about. I told them that I hadn't seen this problem in any other older cars that my friends and family owned, so it was clearly a problem. (Before posting this, I also checked my Tata Zest, which is driven around 60,000 km, and my relatives Ford Figo, which is driven around 1,50,000 km, and they did not have this issue.) I then asked them to replace the brake switch assembly as well, but they informed me that in order to do so, they would first need to take out the new clutch switch assembly, then install the old switch assembly, record a video, and send it to Honda for further analysis. Then we checked two more Honda City, and the clutch and brake noise issues were there in both of them. They now told me, sir, that you need not worry because the noise is also present in these two cars. I told them that just because those car owners didn't complain doesn't imply the problem doesn't exist; you should fix it, even if it's a minor issue. And now that you have diagnosed the issue, just change the part and inform Honda about this issue. I told them that I was filing a complaint with Honda about this. Then they called the manager, who told me, "Sir, Honda will not accept this as an issue even if you complain." I sent an email to Honda from the service center and told the service advisor to replace the brake switch. They informed me that it was not in stock, removed the new clutch switch, and parked my car at the exit door. The service center charged Rs. 3,478 for labor, and the total bill was Rs. 6,587. This is the service we get after paying this much. They didn't even properly diagnose the problem and simply lubricated it. Furthermore, I'm requesting forum members to check if their cars have this issue or not. Please advise what I should do further regarding this issue.

The part that was replaced and the clutch and brake pedal noise are attached below
Attached Images

mbit23 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 16:44   #3302
BHPian

Our Aug 2022 City ZX P MT has covered 35k kms. It is currently running on the OE Bridgestones. One of the tyres has a outer tread puncture and with monsoons that will be up by June, we were thinking to upsize & replace the tyres. Tentatively on 195/55 R16 MRF Perfinza or the Michellin P4ST.

Any first hand feedback of any of these tyres/any other recommendations?
Old 8th March 2024, 23:00   #3303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Our Aug 2022 City ZX P MT ... we were thinking to upsize & replace the tyres. Tentatively on 195/55 R16 MRF Perfinza or the Michellin P4ST.

Please check this thread for more information and discussions: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...onda-city.html (Tyre upgrade for the 5th-gen Honda City)
Old 10th March 2024, 13:35   #3304
BHPian

Quote:
Our Aug 2022 City ZX P MT has covered 35k kms. It is currently running on the OE Bridgestones. One of the tyres has a outer tread puncture and with monsoons that will be up by June, we were thinking to upsize & replace the tyres. Tentatively on 195/55 R16 MRF Perfinza or the Michellin P4ST.

Hello, Based on my experience for the last one year, Conti UC6 195/55/16 will be recommended. Have proven to be good this far without any issues at all. I'm using 2023 ZX manual.
Old 11th March 2024, 14:40   #3305
BHPian

I'm in the market for an additional family car and have mostly settled on the Honda City, primarily for city driving. My parents appreciate how easy it is to get in and out of the vehicle.

The dealer has a 2023 model year white Honda City available at a discounted price, but no discounts are offered for the 2024 models. I'm reaching out to this community to see if there are any concerns or issues I should be aware of before making this purchase, especially since this would be our first Honda vehicle.
Old 12th March 2024, 20:15   #3306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
The dealer has a 2023 model year white Honda City available at a discounted price, but no discounts are offered for the 2024 models. I'm reaching out to this community to see if there are any concerns or issues I should be aware of before making this purchase, especially since this would be our first Honda vehicle.
We are just 3 months into 2024. So as long as you are fine with a 2023 model, I dont see any challenges.
Please do a proper PDI before you go ahead.
Mumbaiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 10:06   #3307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
...The dealer has a 2023 model year white Honda City available at a discounted price, but no discounts are offered for the 2024 models. I'm reaching out to this community to see if there are any concerns or issues...
Mechanically and cosmetically, there are no changes in 2024 model vs 2023. If you are planning to keep the car over a longer period, buying a 2023 model would hardly make any difference. Negotiate hard and get the 2023 model on discounts. You won't regret.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 19:35   #3308
Senior - BHPian

My 2021 City V manual is going to complete 3 years in few months (just ~ 13K on the odo). Thinking of following mods

1) All 4 speaker upgrade - JL audio C1-650 : ₹20000 - Any other suggestions?
2) All 4 door damping : ₹10000
3) Airbag compatible Seat cover (beige), steering cover (black), door pads, glove box, dashboard trim : Artificial leather ~ ₹30000, full leather ~ ₹50000
4) Dual Channel Dash Cam : ₹15000

Any other functional mods required?

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th March 2024 at 20:02.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 06:46   #3309
BHPian

I recently sold my 2012 Etios Liva Diesel and got a new City CVT. Apart from all the differences that I experience, one thing that immediately caught mine and my 12 year old son was the amount of heat radiating from the engine bay when one stands in front of the car after a drive. Both of us were unanimous that we never felt this near our Etios.
Is this something other owners here feel too? Is this normal?
Old 15th March 2024, 09:40   #3310
BHPian

Can City CVT owners please advise if it is safe to shift from D mode to S mode and opposite while on the move and at any speeds?
I could not get a definite answer in YouTube, and wanted specific to City. Thanks.
Old 15th March 2024, 11:57   #3311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Can City CVT owners please advise if it is safe to shift from D mode to S mode and opposite while on the move and at any speeds?
I could not get a definite answer in YouTube, and wanted specific to City. Thanks.
Perfectly fine to shift. You can toggle between D and S freely, on the move and at stop.
revverend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 16:02   #3312
BHPian

Need small clarification regarding the servicing of the car. As far as I know, the service is due every year or 10k kms whichever is earlier.
I purchased the car in last May, and got my first free service done in June'23. Then according to the schedule another service was done in Oct'23. I just got a call from the service centre that the car is due of servicing in Mar'24/Apr'24.

When I replied saying it should be due in Oct'24, I was told that this is another free service to be availed within a year and not availing the service can impact the warranty. Can someone please confirm?

Also, the Honda app shows Oct'24 as the next service date.
Old 16th March 2024, 17:23   #3313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Need small clarification regarding the servicing of the car. As far as I know, the service is due every year or 10k kms whichever is earlier.
I purchased the car in last May, and got my first free service done in June'23. Then according to the schedule another service was done in Oct'23. I just got a call from the service centre that the car is due of servicing in Mar'24/Apr'24.

When I replied saying it should be due in Oct'24, I was told that this is another free service to be availed within a year and not availing the service can impact the warranty. Can someone please confirm?

Also, the Honda app shows Oct'24 as the next service date.
The first three free services are to be availed within a month of purchase, 6 months of purchase and 1 year of purchase respectively. Subsequent service intervals are of 1 year. So your third free service is due before May 2024. Next service (first paid service) would be in May 2025.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 01:41   #3314
BHPian

Quote:

Changed my OE Bridgestone @ 28K to the Michelin Primacy 4. The odo stands @ 74K now, there is some more life in them yet. Had few issues like Inner tread uneven wear due to bad alignment done, hence tyre noise, Swapped all the tyres inside to out, tyre wear has evened out, no noise as of now. I would go with Michelin anyday. Experienced the MRF ZLO in my Vento, they were super grippy, lasted long, but noise crept in as soon they ran 15K kms, apart from this no issues with the tyre.

Regards
Old 24th March 2024, 23:41   #3315
BHPian

Booked Honda City V MT, 2024. My requirement was a chauffeur-driven, no-nonsense car for my father. Even if City is old and it is showing, there are no great options for this requirement in the market.

Hoping for the delivery on Gudi-Padwa. Will update experience here in few weeks. Appreciate any pre-delivery tips, caution or recommended checks specific to City in the meantime. This is my first Honda car in the house.
ndp88 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks