Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2024, 20:35   #3286
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Can somebody help me with this?

When I use android car play, it keeps on disconnecting when i run over a pot hole or little bad road. It automatically reconnects most of the time\ some times I need to unplug and reconnect.

I tried changing multiple phones using both Micro USB or USB Type C. The result is the same.

Is there any solution for this issue?

Thank you
Old 6th January 2024, 20:19   #3287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Well it was time to bid goodbye to our beloved Honda civic. What an amazing & trouble free ownership experience it has been with the car. So today I exchanged it for a Honda City VX variant in manual transmission.
Along with the Honda Civic I had also owned the Honda City ZX which again served us dutifully for close to14 years and which I replaced with the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K variant in 2020.

As you can make out I am quite loyal to the Honda brand and prior to my Civic & City ZX, I had extensively driven my brothers original 1st Generation Honda City with its gem of a 1.5 litre Vtec engine dishing out 100 horses. !
After spending a week with my new Honda city, I am taking the liberty of sharing some observations, since I traded in my Honda Civic for the new city & have previously been a long time owner of the City ZX & also extensively drove the first generation 1.5 litre Vtec model, so you can make out I am very loyal to the Honda brand.

First & foremost when the production of the Honda Civic was discontinued from early 2021, many auto portals and experts came to the conclusion that since the city has grown in size, there is not much to differentiate between the two.... I would strongly disagree with this observation. Honda Civic (which I drove for 14 years) is in a completely different league altogether and is more comparable to the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI (which I bought in 2020). There is not much to differentiate between the Civic and the Octavia in terms of handling, internal noise levels & the sheer joy of driving. It is a pretty close match except for the larger engine power of the Octavia & the multilink rear suspension. Honda City is a beautiful car no doubt but definitely cannot be compared to the Civic. It is a real pity that there is practically no choice for sedan lovers in the 20+ lacs range.

The new city is enjoyable to drive but honestly the engine sounds and the gear shifts are pretty much similar to the old City ZX, sometimes I forget & feel as if I am back in my old city, which again I absolutely adored. But I love the looks of the new updated 2023 model, the security of 6 airbags and the new connected features. Actually I also quite like the presence of the sunroof, although I may never open it but just keep the internal cover open.

Last edited by Timothy : 6th January 2024 at 20:48.
Timothy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 01:59   #3288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
When I use android car play, it keeps on disconnecting when i run over a pot hole or little bad road. It automatically reconnects most of the time\ some times I need to unplug and reconnect.

I tried changing multiple phones using both Micro USB or USB Type C. The result is the same.

Is there any solution for this issue?
Cross-posting from the Honda Amaze thread. This cable seems to have helped BHPian umahesh612 (2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look) so perhaps you could try it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonMonkey View Post
Old 7th January 2024, 07:11   #3289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonMonkey View Post
Cross-posting from the Honda Amaze thread. This cable seems to have helped BHPian umahesh612 (2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look) so perhaps you could try it as well.
Thank you for your response, let me try this one.
Old 14th January 2024, 02:13   #3290
BHPian

Tonight, an airport run of 92km on largrly traffic free roads delivered a mileage of 20+. The City continues to impress in this regard
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_1840.jpeg  

ellip5i5 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 21:47   #3291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hello everyone
I am considering to damp door and floor of my honda city, have some queries.
1) Will it reduce ambient noise significantly?
2) Which material and thickness to use?
3) Do I consider upgrading speakers during process, if yes any suggestions on brand
4) Will roof damping will reduce roof rattling ( one of the reason for considering damping), tried ASC multiple times for roof rattling issue and its recurring after few days
Door damping definitely helps. It takes around 9-10 sheets for all 4 doors and it does reduce outside noise significantly. Also doors feel heavier and close with a thud.
When you do open all trims for damping, I will definitely suggest to upgrade speakers if the budget allows. I had not planned initially , but changed my mind upon seeing puny 20w stock speakers.
nsharma2104 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 15:12   #3292
BHPian

What can we expect as the door damping cost? Anyone who got it done recently in NCR?
Old 19th January 2024, 11:04   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hello everyone
I am considering to damp door and floor of my honda city, have some queries.
1) Will it reduce ambient noise significantly?
2) Which material and thickness to use?
3) Do I consider upgrading speakers during process, if yes any suggestions on brand
4) Will roof damping will reduce roof rattling ( one of the reason for considering damping), tried ASC multiple times for roof rattling issue and its recurring after few days
I had been to Car Cupid in Pune to inquire about upgrading speakers on my 5th Gen City. He suggested damping the doors as well but not necessarily the floor and the roof. He quoted about 10 sheets together for all 4 doors (2.5 sheets per door/2mm thickness minimum). Don't remember the brand. OEM Tweeters can be retained. Speaker brands suggested - Alpine and Infinity. You can go for JBL or Harman as well. I'm planning for both these jobs for my City very soon.

My City had roof rattling issue as well when I bought it in Oct 2021. The ASC fixed it (my guess with additional foam) and the issue has never occurred again.
sam264_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 12:54   #3294

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Well, if you see, the direct competitors in the segment are the Virtus, Slavia, Ciaz & the Verna which essentially are C-segment sedans. relevant to current market and making its own marquee just like the various generations of the iconic Civic.
Bingo! You spoke my heart out buddy. With safety being one of the factors, Maruti and Hyundai are out of sight and when it comes to fuss free ownership, Skoda and VW Twins are out. Apparently no other option left apart from City

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like... this...

Last edited by ampere : 27th February 2024 at 23:42.
palashsinghania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 18:49   #3295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Well, if you see, the direct competitors in the segment are the Virtus, Slavia, Ciaz & the Verna which essentially are C-segment sedans. If someone (like me) is determined to buy a sedan in this segment then the above cars are only the consideration set. Virtus & Slavia are good contenders in terms of build and looks, however a fuss free ownership is little dicey in my opinion. Verna is the strongest competitor but its looks are sure to polarise opinions. Ciaz with no meaningful updates is almost irrelevant & is not in the competition anymore.

Agreed that the City's engine is NA, but still it is a gem. Very smooth, rev-friendly and car's ticks almost all boxes for a general shopper. In my opinion, this is the car which 'represents' this segment's benchmark. Honda may have missed a few tricks in India regarding pricing/ products/ proactiveness etc but they have done a wonderful job with the 5th Gen City all around. It is astonishing that how such an old name plate is still relevant to current market and making its own marquee just like the various generations of the iconic Civic.

Regards.
As an owner of 5th gen City CVT (pre-facelift), i too have to agree with this. While it does not excel like Virtus / Slavia / Verna in build quality, power on tap and features, it is still the best choice for comfortable driving experience and fuss free ownership. When i am out of my car, i keep wishing for many of the missing features, better quality of materials etc but once i get in, the smooth and the relaxed driving experience City CVT provides just spoils me. For a regular family man, it is hard to find fault with Honda City. The things i wish now are the ability to retro-fit the sleeker front chrome bar, sporty bumpers and ADAS (all of the facelift edition).
AravBS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 14:38   #3296
BHPian

Is there any website where we can find the service manual for the Honda City? [ Not the owner's manual]
Old 20th February 2024, 16:13   #3297
BHPian

I’m looking to add the ventilated seat top cover with massager from honda authorized accessories. Has anyone installed this? If so please share your reviews.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 19:34   #3298

I bought the 5th Gen City V MT on Diwali 2021 but as my annual usage is less than 4000km I didn't faced the dreaded rattling issue initially. The car was kept with utmost care but unfortunately became a victim of road rage when parked quite far from the road. The bonnet and both the headlight were changed but now the problem that is arising is that the headlight is accumulating fog inside it at night which stays like that no matter how long the headlight is being used.

I am after Honda ASS for over a year and they were denying the claim with all the lame excuses and after numerous videos about the same and even bringing the car to ASS when there was fog inside the light they finally acknowledged. But Honda is rejecting the claim stating that it is normal to get fog and denying the manufacturing defect. They are even stating that as fog vanishes from the front of light it is not a warranty claimable issue doesn't matter how much fog stays on the sides of both the headlight.

Can anyone please suggest what to do.

Thank you

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd February 2024 at 19:35. Reason: Adding some paragraph breaks :)
Old 27th February 2024, 11:54   #3299

I had a doubt if anyone here could help me with it. We recently bought the City ZX and it comes with wireless Apple CarPlay. But whenever I turn on the car and the phone auto connects, it plays music as navigation sounds, so it only uses the front speakers, sounds really bad, no bass, grainy and distorted. After some time, or if I call someone, then it automatically changes to music volume sounding nice and crisp. Has anyone else had this problem? And if you solved it, could you please help me with a solution?
Old 27th February 2024, 18:21   #3300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
What can we expect as the door damping cost? Anyone who got it done recently in NCR?
Hi, please connect with Motor Concept in Delhi (8826169942). Cost will be around 8k-10K for all the 4 doors and 18k-20K if you want to do floor damping also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks