Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 14:47   #3181
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Posting this on behalf of a friend who owns the 5th Gen Honda City (pre-facelift) - Observed that the sound/intensity of the horn reduces considerably under medium to heavy braking. This does not happen when brakes are not engaged. Need fellow members to confirm if this is an issue with the horn of his car or is it a safety feature.
Old 8th September 2023, 20:43   #3182
BHPian

The latest update of the Honda Connect app has an option of TPMS. Does anyone know if Honda has a genuine accessory for monitoring the tyre pressure?
CarCraze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 13:14   #3183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCraze View Post
The latest update of the Honda Connect app has an option of TPMS. Does anyone know if Honda has a genuine accessory for monitoring the tyre pressure?
The accessory is available for Honda Elevate (Check the accessory brochure). I'm inclined to think that it'd also work for Honda City, but better to confirm with the dealership.
Old 14th September 2023, 13:46   #3184
BHPian

15000 km update Honda City zx cvt

Car had its ups and downs in last 15000kms, had to visit service centre due to multiple issues (will describe each briefly)

Roofliner rattling
Three months into ownership was having rattling sound from roofliner and visited ASC three time to settle it. Finally last visit after stern warning they opened sunroof switchs and cabin light switches and filled it with foam. Finally no more sound from roof but left rear door i can hear some sounds

Steering pull to the left side
Last month car was in service centre for 10 days for same and they finally diagnosed it as subframe issue. I had to mail higher ups to get things done on time, after refitting subframe somehow issue has been resolved.

Poor headlight throw
On highway runs i had noted that even on highest setting headlight throw was poor, visited ASC but they told there is nothing can be done to ZX LEDs. Tried DIY as suggested by fellow BHPian in forum and upon adjusting screws under bonnet can see much more better in nights.

First body paint work
Car had accumulated minor dents and scratches on left fender and door, finally took the plunge and got it done under insurance. Whole process was smooth and colour match is perfect. Planning to get bumper changed within next month for dents and minor hole in bumper (some idiot bike fellow hit stationary vehicle from front)

I have started enjoying car more once roofliner rattling is gone and got some good contacts in local ASC due to recurrent visits. Now they pick my car free of cost and drop it back.
Neurodoc is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 20:05   #3185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
15000 km update Honda City zx cvt

Poor headlight throw
On highway runs i had noted that even on highest setting headlight throw was poor, visited ASC but they told there is nothing can be done to ZX LEDs. Tried DIY as suggested by fellow BHPian in forum and upon adjusting screws under bonnet can see much more better in nights.
I face the exact same issue , can you please help me with some pictures of which screws need to be adjusted for the headlights ?

By god's and Honda's grace my car is rattle free in almost 1.5 years and ODO at 13000 KMs.

Regards
Diesel
Old 15th September 2023, 18:01   #3186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I face the exact same issue , can you please help me with some pictures of which screws need to be adjusted for the headlights
Hi dieseltuned,
I am attaching pictures so that it will be easy to do it. Just a screwdriver is needed and you can level headlight throw as per requirement. Sorry don’t have pictures of actual lighting on highway but believe me it makes big difference.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_4531.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_4532.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_4536.jpeg  

Neurodoc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 15:10   #3187

Honda City 2023 ZX CVT user here! A couple of queries

1) I faced the same issue with the headlights not being strong enough for wide open roads, damaged roads etc. I tried tweaking the screw settings inside the bonnet, but it didn't really help much.
Has anyone tried replacing the fog lights? Can I get it done from a 3rd party vendor within the warranty period, assuming it's got nothing to do with the warranty? Or any other suggestions perhaps?

2) I don't know about other cars or even other City colours, but my meteoroid grey colour gets dusty way too often and way too much. Would you guys suggest getting ceramic or PPF coating done? Was wondering getting something done to avoid all the dust, and the occasional minor scratches too.
Old 19th September 2023, 22:34   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinaryme View Post
Honda City 2023 ZX CVT user here! A couple of queries

2) I don't know about other cars or even other City colours, but my meteoroid grey colour gets dusty way too often and way too much. Would you guys suggest getting ceramic or PPF coating done? Was wondering getting something done to avoid all the dust, and the occasional minor scratches too.
Meteoroid grey is an absolute scratch magnet. I feel the paint quality, thickness is quite thin in newer Honda’s. My SA advised on ceramic but I’d disregarded it earlier. But I do highly recommend some paint protection (PPF/Ceramic)
ellip5i5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 15:29   #3189
BHPian

Hi all
I'm getting my Honda City V MT (Meteoroid Grey) delivered next week. The dealership is pressing to buy accessories like bumper protectors, under-body coating and seat covers. I've checked the quality and fit of the Honda seat covers but haven't liked the quality and fit when compared with the price. I'll get them after market.

1. Are bumper protectors and underbody coating worth it ?
2. Initially I planned on upgrading stock 185-60/15 tyres to 195/60/15 but then I saw a City with 205-50/16 installed and that car looked super sporty. So will go with the stock tyres for now and will look at upgrading to 16 later. Can the Honda stock 16 inch alloys accommodate 205s ?
3. Can the V's regular steering wheel be swapped with the leather ones on the ZX ?
4. Any tips to maintain a decent double digit fuel economy in cities (I'm in Pune) ?
Old 20th September 2023, 16:50   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Hi all
1. Are bumper protectors and underbody coating worth it ?
2. Initially I planned on upgrading stock 185-60/15 tyres to 195/60/15 but then I saw a City with 205-50/16 installed and that car looked super sporty. So will go with the stock tyres for now and will look at upgrading to 16 later. Can the Honda stock 16 inch alloys accommodate 205s ?
3. Can the V's regular steering wheel be swapped with the leather ones on the ZX ?
4. Any tips to maintain a decent double digit fuel economy in cities (I'm in Pune) ?
Congratulations on your New Car Purchase.

1. I got it, it was told it will help to avoid scratches when we turn. So far not seeing much use of it.
2. I also thought upgrading to 205, but settled with 195, primary reason it was told the steering becomes too heavy. Plus if you go far 205/50 your ground clearance gets reduced. You need to get 205/60 which is a rare size. My advice stick with 195/60.
Seats covers you need to get it from Honda Dealer only, as the seat airbags might not work properly if you fit it outside.
Underbody coating push for free.
3 & 4. Sorry No Idea

Last edited by Arun_S : 20th September 2023 at 16:54.
Arun_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 19:17   #3191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Congrats on the purchase.

Partial advise - While it might sound counter intuitive, I’ve got almost 1 kmpl higher while not engaging the eco mode.
Old 20th September 2023, 19:20   #3192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellip5i5 View Post
Congrats on the purchase.

Partial advise - While it might sound counter intuitive, I’ve got almost 1 kmpl higher while not engaging the eco mode.
Sorry if I'm mistaken but I don't think MT has Eco mode. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 20th September 2023, 19:22   #3193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
Congratulations on your New Car Purchase.

1. I got it, it was told it will help to avoid scratches when we turn. So far not seeing much use of it.
2. I also thought upgrading to 205, but settled with 195, primary reason it was told the steering becomes too heavy. Plus if you go far 205/50 your ground clearance gets reduced. You need to get 205/60 which is a rare size. My advice stick with 195/60.
Seats covers you need to get it from Honda Dealer only, as the seat airbags might not work properly if you fit it outside.
Underbody coating push for free.
3 & 4. Sorry No Idea
2. Did you upgrade to 195-15s or 195-16s ? Can you please post some pics ?
I spoke to a dealer about the seat covers. It's is a well known shop here in Pune and he said they specifically make covers for seats with airbags.
Old 20th September 2023, 19:22   #3194
BHPian

I drive a CVT, and assumed MT would have the same.

I Stand corrected if anyone can confirm.
Old 20th September 2023, 21:39   #3195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellip5i5 View Post
I drive a CVT, and assumed MT would have the same.

I Stand corrected if anyone can confirm.
MT doesn't have it, I spent my first month looking for it
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks