Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2023, 13:29   #3121
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
You are right. That was a rat bite on the battery terminal cable.
Attachment 2474798

I did not go for the full harness replacement. They just taped the wire back and ran some scans to check for other cuts (thats what the Service advisor said)
Attachment 2474797

Will be exploring local market to see if anyone can put a metal coil around the wires.
We are using this for the past 3yrs after we had a similar issue in one of our previous car. Need to do this spraying like once in 4-5 weeks....
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07M5ZQVQ1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 12:41   #3122
BHPian

[*] I'm interested in installing a dash cam. Can anyone recommend a suitable dash cam and suggest the best placement for it, considering the facelift has an ADAS Camera in the center?[/list][list]

You can review Mola N3 once. Is a good option to consider. Comes with option to choose from only front or front & back camera setup.

Also can choose bwn GPS and Non GPS versions according to the need. Thanks
shubham322000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 10:02   #3123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Rust spots near boot area
On a slightly off topic, what's with all the rusting issues with Honda products, both cars and their big bikes? This is the nth post I'm seeing of rust in a Honda City. Why can't Honda fix this? Are they too greedy for profits, despite their overpriced vehicles, that they skimp on the required metal treatment and paint quality? Honda seriously needs to fix this.

P.S. I'm a CB350 customer.
t3rm1n80r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 11:17   #3124
BHPian

I have been using the Honda City 5th Gen for past two years now which has clocked 20000 so far. I used to feel the CVT getting confused between what I imagine to be 2nd and 3rd gear in city traffic. What I understand is that the CVT doesn't have the concept of different gears per say but is a series of unending gears. Regardless, the car would jerk in city traffic at low speeds.

I had never once used the Eco mode in the car thus far, although when I started using it just this week, have felt the jerkiness of the gearbox completely gone. The car's performance also seems to be unchanged in the city traffic nor have I felt the AC cooling reduced.

Can someone please explain what the ECO mode does in this car exactly? How come the confused gearbox is so much smoother now?
pratyaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 12:04   #3125
BHPian

^ I have never experienced the 'confused' CVT.

Eco mode reduces throttle response and shift to higher gear ( ratio ) earlier.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 20:24   #3126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
My 5th Gen VMT steering makes a "Tuk" sound when I move the steering from a stationary position, especially when I take out the car first thing in the morning and occasionally when I get moving from standstill at traffic lights. It feels on the steering whhel as if some part is stuck and getting released on steering movement. Hasn't occurred so far while in continuous motion. The Sundaram service advisor says it's normal. (Hard to believe these guys!) Is your issue similar?
My friend regularly does it in Olympic Honda at Anna Magar and he has been pretty happy with them so far .
Old 19th July 2023, 02:39   #3127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post
I’ve been experiencing this too this my 5th City Gen ZX CVT ever since it has crossed the 2k km reading. It tends to jerk at around 24 km/h while downshifting. Interestingly I didn’t ever experience this with my previous 4th Gen City CVT that completed 36k before we parted with it.

The service advisor took the car for a round and got the car diagnosed, but nothing came up. He sent the car back with confidence saying that nothing is wrong.
Same issue with so many of our Gen 5 City. Mine also gives a jerk in the 2nd gear as it hits 2000 rpm. My car also gives this jerk when I turn on the AC.
SandyBITS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 02:48   #3128

I'm driving a 2022 MT City Gen 5.

The first gear becoming 'hard' even when downshifting from 2nd to 1st at around 5 to 10 kmph is quite irritating. Is it an issue, or is it the case with you all too?
SandyBITS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 14:34   #3129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBITS View Post
Same issue with so many of our Gen 5 City. Mine also gives a jerk in the 2nd gear as it hits 2000 rpm. My car also gives this jerk when I turn on the AC.
Have you tried to bring with up with your SA during service? Mine said it’s completely normal and he even got the fuel pump cleaned up
Auto spawn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 11:42   #3130
BHPian

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 2023 FL e:HEV as I’ve detailed under the City Hybrid Review Thread. I have a concern with the drivers seat. The lumbar support seems excessive and I’m not able to find a comfortable position. Could anyone help me with the right seat settings to mitigate back-fatigue?
Old 20th July 2023, 11:53   #3131
BHPian

Quote:

The first gear becoming 'hard' even when downshifting from 2nd to 1st at around 5 to 10 kmph is quite irritating. Is it an issue, or is it the case with you all too?
My 2012 Honda Jazz has had this issue for long.When I spoke with the SA in Dakshin Honda he simply brushed it aside saying that is a common issue with all Honda cars .
Old 22nd July 2023, 20:15   #3132

Hello everyone,

I am getting Honda City V MT for 13.38 lakhs on road price in Faridabad, Haryana.
OTR price includes ex showroom, tcs, insurance, extended warranty, registration which is of Palwal, Haryana.
The dealer has agreed to take the complete payment using credit card for which he would be charging 1.5% extra. My credit card points would cover for that.
Does it look like a good deal or should I push for more discounts?
shikharmakkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 12:19   #3133
BHPian

Hello Fellow BHPians,

Writing here for a quick advice

I purchased a 2023 ZX manual around 3 months back. All good with the car touchwood.

On a recent cleaning day, I realised some initial rust signs on the front disk pads. Checking if this is normal or if I need to do something in time.

For additional context, I did got my calipers coloured around the same week of my delivery. Not sure if they may be causing it but thought of sharing if it helps. Though the person painting the caliper did clean the residue paint properly as I checked.

Please suggest what may be causing this and in case I shall be worried. Thanks in advance
Old 24th July 2023, 17:03   #3134

Yes, mine does the same when i downshift from 3 to 2nd a little hard and 2nd to 1st it is quite hare at speeds above 10KMPH

Quote:

Yes, Mine does the same when downshifting from 2nd to 1st in speeds above 10KMPH,
W@rl0rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 11:38   #3135
BHPian

Quote:

I might sound a little naïve but I feel that the MT knows what speed is the car at and hence throws up resistance to downshift / upshift. I have experienced this when downshifting & upshifting from 2nd to 1st in B2B traffic.

My reasons for this could be that the City anyways has a way to judge the shift for Reverse gear, which doesn't engage at all in case the car is already in forward motion, so it could be possible for lower gear shifts as well as a protection measure. Not sure though, experts could comment better.
rahulk2510 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks