Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 12:18   #3061
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashsinghania View Post
Planning to buy a City CVT, VX Nov-22 manufactured, was inclined towards ZX, but white is not available in old variant stock.
I own a Sep-22 manufactured VX CVT and I can vouch for the features. The main things you would miss from ZX is the plush seats. Other ones are the 9-array LED front lights and LED fog lamps (I still prefer the halogen fog lights), lane watch and rear sun blind. VX is a value for money for the pre-face model. The facelifted model had cut down many features in the VX and has been retained only in the top end ZX. ADAS would be the main thing to be missed in the pre-facelift model.

I wanted to know if this is a new or a used car? If its new, I would like to enquire why has the VX variant not sold until now? In today's time, 7 months is a long gap for a car to be in the inventory unsold. Please ask if there was any damage or what is the issue. Go for it only when you are convinced.
CarCraze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 15:33   #3062

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Hey all,
====
Saw a couple of videos about the Moco on Youtube and it does sound nice but was hoping for a review from someone who has installed that horn or has bought any other Moco car products.

Thanks!
I changed the stock horns to Hella chrome trumpets , they are very very good. They sound better than the creta stock horns . Easily available on Amazon and direct fit to the city ( terminate the ground pin on the horn body itself since the connector in the car has only one active pin. ).
No bumper removal needed you just need to remove the black cladding around the hood latch. Easily done with a prying tool. I would recommend you have a ratchet to remove the stock nuts since they are torqued quite hard.
sasmit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 17:54   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
3. The SA is claiming a fuel efficiency of 14-15kmpl, and I've heard city delivering 9-10 KMPL, can someone throw some light on this?

5. The SA says that there are not many differences in previous City and the new city, apart from ADAS, are there any considerable differences between them?
I got my new city last month, and I havent got more than 15kmpl driving sedately in city or on highway. So I am not sure yet.

ADAS is a good to have feature, depends on how much you get to use it. It is not useful in the city traffic, but is a good help on the highways.
Mumbaiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 16:21   #3064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
I got my new city last month, and I havent got more than 15kmpl driving sedately in city or on highway. So I am not sure yet.

ADAS is a good to have feature, depends on how much you get to use it. It is not useful in the city traffic, but is a good help on the highways.
Is your's a petrol automatic / manual ?

I am asking as I have a 2022 ZX petrol manual driven almost 12k kms and i easily get 18 on highways and 16.5 to 17 in city traffic. Ofcourse this could be due to my driving style as I seldom drive above 90kmph on highways.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 19:24   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Is your's a petrol automatic / manual ?

I am asking as I have a 2022 ZX petrol manual driven almost 12k kms and i easily get 18 on highways and 16.5 to 17 in city traffic. Ofcourse this could be due to my driving style as I seldom drive above 90kmph on highways.

Regards
Diesel
Its petrol automatic. I checked with the workshop during the first service and they said they have cleaned the air filter and throttle body. But I havent seen any improvement.
Old 21st June 2023, 00:14   #3066
BHPian

Quote:
Its petrol automatic. I checked with the workshop during the first service and they said they have cleaned the air filter and throttle body. But I havent seen any improvement.
I have a Petrol automatic which returns 11-12 in Bangalore Traffic (complete stop and go) and the best highway mileage I’ve seen is 20 (Constant 80 with cruise control)

I see my mileage improve by 1 kmpl in the city if i use the economy mode
ellip5i5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 10:46   #3067
BHPian

How in the world does figure out insurance renewal after year 1? I've quotes from Honda showroom which is 2x what other agents are giving.

Below is the one shared by showroom and other agents
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20230621-10.32.59-am.jpeg  

Attached Images

Last edited by karanskumar : 21st June 2023 at 10:49.
Old 21st June 2023, 12:20   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
How in the world does figure out insurance renewal after year 1? I've quotes from Honda showroom which is 2x what other agents are giving.

Below is the one shared by showroom and other agents
I went through this headache last year. Paid around 30K for 1st year renewal with Honda Assured (iffco) only because Honda service center outright denied a cashless claim if insurance is bought outside (Even though the insurer says they have a cashless claim tie-up with the dealership). I was not interested in running behind insurance company for any potential claim and accepted that higher premium I had to pay for that convenience.
Old 21st June 2023, 13:08   #3069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I went through this headache last year. Paid around 30K for 1st year renewal with Honda Assured (iffco) only because Honda service center outright denied a cashless claim if insurance is bought outside (Even though the insurer says they have a cashless claim tie-up with the dealership). I was not interested in running behind insurance company for any potential claim and accepted that higher premium I had to pay for that convenience.
Just bullying tactics! Honda has no authority to deny a cashless claim if the insurance co. has given you a cashless policy. Have always got my policies renewed from others 2nd year onwards. Simple selling tactics, instil fear in the customer and dupe him of double the amount.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 13:12   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Just bullying tactics! Honda has no authority to deny a cashless claim if the insurance co. has given you a cashless policy. Have always got my policies renewed from others 2nd year onwards. Simple selling tactics, instil fear in the customer and dupe him of double the amount.
Agree, and one of the BHPian has done cashless claim from the same dealership even with an outside policy. But I was not in a mindset at that time to chase these. I might renew it this year from outside though.
Old 21st June 2023, 19:19   #3071

Why I bought a City Automatic in 2023 ?

Dear Bhpians,

This is a story of how random car buying decisions can be and how illogical we motor heads can get when it comes to the excitement of owning a pair of new wheels. I completed the first 5000kms with my City V CVT (based model) and it's a good time to share the buying decision and initial experience.

We bought our first car, a Honda Jazz VX CVT (top model) in 2021 for ~11 lakhs OTR in Bangalore. Life with the Jazz had been breezy, as expected with a Honda petrol automatic. The car went above and beyond our expectations in terms of interior feel, space management, smoothness of gear box & engine, and the build quality. We were so pleased with the car that we never liked the interior look and feel of cars even from a segment or two above.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-one-last-time.jpg

However, within an year of ownership, I was bit by the new car syndrome - out of nowhere . My company revamped its car leasing policy last year and the leasing benefits are now best in the industry - no kidding. This isn't a typical car lease policy where you just save the interest on EMI / Driver Salaries - I am easily getting the car for 25% less than it's market value.
There was no need for a new car and Jazz ticked almost every box for us. All, but one. The roads in Bangalore keep getting worse, thanks to the digging mafia (read nexus between politicians, bureaucrats, and builders) and the ground clearance was the only issue I faced with Jazz – or so I thought.

Hence, I started convincing wifey that we need a car with better ground clearance. She was taken aback that I already got our much beloved car evaluated by the likes of Spinny and Olx. I worked on the math and was very clear in my head that I ll not spend anything from my pocket and will look for a worthy upgrade. It's during this time that I shared a thread on teambhp about the C-SUV options in 11 - 13L budget that could replace our Jazz.
As suggested unanimously by most bhpians (and somewhere I knew it), there isn't an automatic CSUV that is really an upgrade to the Jazz CVT. Sharing how I concluded on the options -
1. Nexon / XUV 300 - AMTs, never considered after the CVT delight
2. Sonet / Venue - Was strictly looking at safety ratings of 4+
3. Brezza - new Brezza had just launched and it looked like a good option, but seemed overpriced. Also, the interior experience coming from a Jazz top end was a big step down in Brezza
4. Kiger / Magnite - was the only option left, carefully considered and ditched because of low reliability and interior quality

I dropped the plan of changing the car for a few months. But it was there on the back of my mind that I can sell the Jazz for 9ish and if I get a car for 12-13 lakhs, it will be almost a flat cost upgrade.
I have never been interested in Sedans. Theoretically, it never made sense to me to own longer cars with lower ground clearances. As a newbie in the world of cars, I always felt that GC is directly proportional to the intensity of jerks you feel. Hence, whenever the ride in Jazz felt jerky in the numerous breakers and pot holes - I could only think about the lower GC and not the suspension. Also, most mid-size sedans other than Ciaz were higher priced.

In December 2022, a friend suggested me to test drive a City once. I always felt that City is nothing but a jazz with bigger boot and engine. I still went for the drive. To my absolute surprise, I could not feel any trouble on most of the breakers that I typically hated. I immediately realized that it's the softer suspension that I have been missing. Additionally, after a long enough drive, I could clearly appreciate the exceptional benefits of ride, handling and drivability that sedans offer.
The bug bite became sore again. I called a City for test drive, just for my wife to experience the same commute roads in the City where we used to take our Jazz. She felt I had lost my mind but reluctantly asked me to work the math.
The base V CCT is such a VFM proposition in the City range. We were getting a 80K discount on ex-showroom because it was end of the year stock. I negotiated with a few other dealers and we agreed with one of them who had a single unit left of the colour and variant I was looking for. I ended up paying 12L ex-showroom for the V CVT (95 K discount), and additional discounts on a few accessories. With the Jazz getting discontinued, I was convinced that even though I am stretching my budget from 13 OTR to 15 OTR, City will certainly fetch us a lot higher resale value than the discontinued jazz.
With some armtwisting between Spinny, Olx and Car Dekho, we got a price of 9.15 for my jazz after 2 years and 15K kms of ownership.
And just like that, we sold our Jazz and got the City.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-inkedwith-face.jpg

Model – 2022 V CVT
Accessories installed – footmats, door garnish, body side moulding, bumper protectors and rain wisor. Dash Cam ordered.
I have always been a sedate driver and love driving peacefully but I am being told that I drive the City differently than the Jazz. I love pushing the throttle whenever I get a chance on this one. I will skip a detailed review and will only talk about the pros and cons about the car in my view.
What I love about the car –
1. Absolutely love the way it handles – a big big plus from Jazz. The steering wheel is good to hold, has the right weight at high speeds and incredibly easy to maneuver at lower city speeds.
2. Space – Enough and more
3. Power – more than what I need
4. Gear box and engine combo – low how smooth the CVT operates with 1.5 NA engine
5. Seat comfort – widely known
6. The City brand – It might be just me, but I feel that many of us grew up during the type when Honda City used to be the most aspirational one. Owning the city, despite knowing that it’s not aspirational anymore, gives a sense of achievement and pride
What should have certainly been better at the price point –
1. Bigger wheels with better profile – V variant has 185 R15 tyres, an upgrade is going to be expensive. This is a let down, the Balenos and Altrozs of the world have 16inch tyres now.
2. Diamond cut alloys – missed this in the VX Jazz (though lower priced amaze has it) and in the 5th gen City V CVT (though lower priced 4th Gen V has it)
3. Infotainment system and audio quality – Clearly compromised
4. Premium soft touch materials – Jazz had more soft touch usage compared to my city base. Though the top end ZX has some additional leather touch
5. Build quality – Here I see a significant drop compared to my Jazz. The doors seemed heavier and the sheets stronger in the hatch. The build for City 5th gen looks compromised – better than MS and Hyundai but not at par with Tata and Mahindra.
6. Instrument Cluster - It's better in the VX and ZX trims

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-dial.jpg

Other than these, I am immensely satisfied with the car. The ride is bouncy at high speeds as many have pointed out, but unless you are an enthusiast of a higher degree, the car is pretty stable. I am loving the car and plan to keep it for a long time.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-wash.jpg

Who will I recommend this to? If you are in the market for an automatic with a budget of 12-13 lakhs, I will suggest you stretch and go for the City. I will highly recommend the lower variants (V and SV after the facelift). If you are looking at upper variants and have no budget constraints, I think Skoda / VG offerings seem to have an edge.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th June 2023 at 04:47. Reason: Attachments fixed
cludflare is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 16:15   #3072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
It gives 8-9kmpl in city driving and highway driving 18-19 kmpl depending on your driving style. I never got more than 10kmpl in city use even after careful driving. Highways if you set cruise at 80-85 kmph, you can extract fuel economy of 25-26 kmpl also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
There aren't too many differences if one looks at the car as a whole. Cosmetic changes to the exterior in the form of a honeycomb mesh grill, lesser chrome and a diffuser at the back. Features wise - there's wireless android auto/apple car play and a wireless phone charger apart from the ADAS features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCraze View Post
I own a Sep-22 manufactured VX CVT and I can vouch for the features. The main things you would miss from ZX is the plush seats. Other ones are the 9-array LED front lights and LED fog lamps (I still prefer the halogen fog lights), lane watch and rear sun blind. VX is a value for money for the pre-face model. The facelifted model had cut down many features in the VX and has been retained only in the top end ZX. ADAS would be the main thing to be missed in the pre-facelift model.
Quote:

Thanks everyone for their valuable feedback...

I purchased a White honda CITY VX CVT on 20th June.

I got the Honda Connect app activated today, and was surprised to see that the sale date mentioned on the app is 27 Feb 2023, and hence the warranty is valid till 26 FEb 2023, the SA at the local dealer says that the warranty is valid for 3 years from invoice date, and any data on the app does not effect the warranty, and says that he shall provide the same on letterhead, please guide me for further actions....
palashsinghania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 16:40   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
I got the Honda Connect app activated today, and was surprised to see that the sale date mentioned on the app is 27 Feb 2023, and hence the warranty is valid till 26 FEb 2023, the SA at the local dealer says that the warranty is valid for 3 years from invoice date, and any data on the app does not effect the warranty, and says that he shall provide the same on letterhead
Congratulations on your new car
Honda connect app has quite a few problems, it calculates my service interval wrongly every time and start sending notifications. If your invoice is dated as per your purchase date then no need to worry. Moreover if SA is ready to give in writing its well and good.
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 13:16   #3074
BHPian

I'm not able to start the car from the Honda Connect app. Think the doors work fine, but the AC command doesn't run.
Old 23rd June 2023, 14:16   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
I'm not able to start the car from the Honda Connect app. Think the doors work fine, but the AC command doesn't run.
Not sure what the issue might be. Get the app reconfigured once and check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks