Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2023, 12:57   #3226
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
What is the best way to fix a big, ugly scratch on the left OVRM ?

Scratch is bit deeper to rub it out.
That puppy on my ORVM serves that purpose

If the scratch is deep, get some filler, fill it, and affix some stickers like that. Will cost you less than 100 Rs/- all together.

I have few such stickers all across my car now. It is not worth paining a panel for all these minor scratches, especially if we drive frequently in cities.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20230512_18441.jpg
Each of these stickers hide a scar mark !!

Another option is to get a can of color matched Com-paint and DIY. But this needs patience / experience. For Honda Platinum Pearl White, I can confirm that the color almost match the factory paint if you use Com-paint. I have used it on the above car. In fact the lower portion of the bumper right below the red reflector is painted using Com-paint.
sreerknair is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 13:13   #3227
BHPian

Cross posting from the City hybrid thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...review-29.html (Honda City Hybrid Review)

What would be the ideal tyre size for upsizing and preferred brand to go with?

Jacob
Old 11th October 2023, 14:10   #3228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Each of these stickers hide a scar mark !!

I can confirm that the color almost match the factory paint if you use Com-paint
Yes, the sticker is one option. I may even dechrome that car and vinyl wrap the OVRMs.

Please confirm this is the correct paint for white honda city.
"com-paint > paint 300g for general applications > white."

Thanks.
Old 11th October 2023, 14:39   #3229
BHPian

Quote:
Please confirm this is the correct paint for white honda city.
"com-paint > paint 300g for general applications > white."

Thanks.
No, not this one. For each Make / Model / Color they make a DIY pack.

The Amazon link for 5th Gen City Platinum White Pearl is this one.

Please note that this does not give the Pearl effect and only contain the base white coat. Also if you are going the DIY route, please check similar threads here and watch few YouTube videos. Chances of a novice messing it up in the first attempt is very very high. Best tip I can give is - do not spot paint using these cans, but paint a wider area in such a way that the new paint layer does not touch the masking tape borders.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 14:49   #3230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have a Zx MT and I do not experience so much of bounciness as many pointed out in highway speeds around 100KMPH. It may be an issue when you push beyond 120.

I see a plastic sump guard (may be) beneath the sump came which came along with the vehicle. Don't you have this? BTW it's 2022 Oct make vehicle.

Contrary to your opinion, I love the car. Completed 12K KMs. I like the overall package. Lot of positives for me to say this
1. Suspension & ride quality - I would say it's excellent. I drove 500kms back to back over 36 hours and I can feel the the difference compared to my other drives.
2. Linear acceleration works great in the city and also for high way acceleration. Though it's lesser compared to Turbos it's good enough for me.
3. Stability - At 100 KMPH speeds on high way it's absolutely fine, no body roll or swaying.
4. Reliability - Zero niggles so far (touchwood)
5. Interior - Thanks to materials used in Zx, premium feel in the cabin
6. Fuel economy - I am positively surprise with the FE I get in the long drives /highways.

I would say it's more of an all rounder than a outshining in one area.
Absolutely agree on all your points , I have May 2022 ZX MT driven close to 14000 kms now. zero niggles till date and the car does the job absolutely great within legal speed limits. I am a very sedate driver and barely push her beyond 90-95. Last month I chaufered some of our companies senior executives from UK from Mumbai to Pune and they slept like babies in the back seat. The fuel economy for me is around 18 kmpl on highway runs and drops to 16 in city. I am still on stock 185 bridgestones and have not felt the need to upgrade based on my style of driving.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 17:40   #3231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I am still on stock 185 bridgestones and have not felt the need to upgrade based on my style of driving.
I am also on stock tyres and might consider upgrade when they are due for replacement.
Old 11th October 2023, 19:35   #3232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post

4.Steering rack noise while turning the steering
What kind of noise do you hear? I hear a very very faint tick. I am not sure if I should be reporting that as an issue.
Old 11th October 2023, 20:59   #3233
BHPian

Quote:

He admitted that the Steering rack issue is pretty common among the lastest gen City’s.
Will update on the progress tomorrow once I receive my car.
My car’s steering rack makes noise only when indicator is switched on. I got tired of hoing to service centre. Last time they gave car with wheels misaligned. The service experience is underwhelming to say the least.

Except for interior space and fuel economy in highways it is quite a inferior product.
Old 11th October 2023, 21:03   #3234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
What kind of noise do you hear? I hear a very very faint tick. I am not sure if I should be reporting that as an issue.
I’m been hearing tak tak sounds everytime I turn the steering in either direction.
Please go ahead and report it they’ll initially try to ‘lubricate’ the steering rack column. If that doesn’t work, they’ll replace it under warranty.
Auto spawn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 21:08   #3235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
My car’s steering rack makes noise only when indicator is switched on. I got tired of hoing to service centre. Last time they gave car with wheels misaligned. The service experience is underwhelming to say the least.

Except for interior space and fuel economy in highways it is quite a inferior product.
I completely agree to what you have to say.
My car came back today from service. The service advisor claimed that they’ve applied some lubrication to get rid of the noise from the steering rack. He added that if the issue comes back they’ll replace it. The noise has come back, and I’ll be visiting the service centre again to get the replacement done.

Not just that, even the passenger side rattling that they claimed to have sorted hasn’t gone at all.

Regret selling my 4th gen city. It was with us for 7 years and I never had a single issue with that car!!
Auto spawn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 22:35   #3236
BHPian

Quote:
What is the best way to fix a big, ugly scratch on the left OVRM ?

Scratch is bit deeper to rub it out.
Did you get a quote for repainting the ORVM cowling from your preferred Honda service center? Do that first and use that as a benchmark for evaluating other options (especially considering the time and effort you seem to be putting into finding the correct paint match, application techniques, etc.).
KryptonMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 23:04   #3237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the sticker is one option. I may even dechrome that car and vinyl wrap the OVRMs.
Thanks.
com paint is not a good option if you are planning on a visible surface like ORVM. It will not give that pearl effect and painted area turn bit yellowish after few months. Please check other options.

As @sreerknair posted, com paint is a decent option for areas like lower part of bumpers or running board.

Last edited by Latheesh : 11th October 2023 at 23:10.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 01:46   #3238

Quote:
Sent my City, today morning for its 3rd free service.

Issues I reported to the service advisor:

1.The jerking at lower speeds (something that many of us have reported)
2.Horn going out of breath sometimes
3.Rattling noise from the passenger side roofline area
4.Steering rack noise while turning the steering

He admitted that the Steering rack issue is pretty common among the lastest gen City’s.
Will update on the progress tomorrow once I receive my car.
Have you received your car back mate? My City's done 3k and I can relate to the horn going out of breath already, especially while braking.

Did they tell you the reason or the solution to it?
Old 12th October 2023, 01:52   #3239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinaryme View Post
Have you received your car back mate? My City's done 3k and I can relate to the horn going out of breath already, especially while braking.

Did they tell you the reason or the solution to it?
Yes, I got it back home today, but sadly will have to keep it with them again as none of the work is done properly.

They said that ‘one of the horns was performing poorly’ and they’ve ‘sharpened the tone’. As regards to my earlier 4G Honda City, they replaced the horn on two different occasions under warranty whenever it went out of breath.

There seems to be an improvement in the horn after the service, let’s hope it stays the same

Last edited by Auto spawn : 12th October 2023 at 01:56. Reason: Adding more info
Auto spawn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 18:23   #3240

Is Honda Connect app working? It’s not working for me since August. I called Honda Customer Care and they said to keep the car in parked position and let the engine run for 15-20 minutes and said this will solve the issue. I did that and after this it worked just one time. I again called Honda Customer Care and they said this could be issue with the telemetric unit and told visit service centre. I also pointed the customer care agent that it’s just not an issue on my car. I searched Twitter for this issue and there are several complaints regarding this, even on the Elevate. I think it’s a problem from Honda’s side. I would have visited the service centre, but it’s almost 150 kms from my city. But the agent said they cannot do anything until I visit service centre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks