Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2023, 12:21   #3271

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashsinghania View Post
I had just one query here...

Since I would be getting my vehicle serviced as per my Date of purchase, and not February date, can Honda deny any claims on that front??

considering the worst case scenario, can I use my invoice, RC and other documents as a proof of date of purchase, since I was invoiced the vehicle on my date of purchase as first owner?
Yes, you can use the documents you have to show your date of purchase. The warranty card should be on the 1st page of the owner's manual. Please see the warranty start date entered there with the dealer stamp. Ask Honda to explain the error. As pointed out above, if the car was invoiced to someone else before you, it may be something to look into. Enjoy your extended warranty from the dealer :-).

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 00:55. Reason: Typo
BOTT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 17:47   #3272

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTT View Post
Yes, you can use the documents you have to show your date of purchase. The warranty card should be on the 1st page of the owner's manual. Please see the warranty start date entered there with the dealer stamp. Ask Honda to explain the error. As pointed out above, if the car was invoiced to someone else before you, it may be something to look into. Enjoy your extended warranty from the dealer :-).

The dealer is saying that for some internal reasons, they had to punch in the purchase in February, and has left the warranty start date blank on my booklet ( I assume that was done to mislead me on the same)

But during the PDI, I noticed the car was run around 100 KMS (the yard at which the car was stored is in another city and I requested them not to remove odo wire before bringing the car to my city) so that justifies a run of around 40-50 KM.. SO I didn't find any issue in buying the car..

Since I get the warranty upto Feb 27, and I have all the documents including Invoice, RC dated as per my purchase date, I think that should be good enough?

Please correct me if I am wrong...
Old 14th December 2023, 13:34   #3273

It should be good enough and it wont be an issue unless the company/dealer try to get out of their warranty obligation by citing this error. It is ideal to get written assurances from Honda Cars India Ltd for your own peace of mind. The dealer does not appear to have been straight with you and hence I would not take his word on this matter. Honda Cars India Ltd/Dealer should provide you with a valid warranty card with the right details. All the best.
BOTT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 14:56   #3274
BHPian

I don’t understand why anyone would buy a Honda city in 2023 given what the competition offers unless they are extremely loyal to the brand Honda.
Old 15th December 2023, 17:33   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer5499 View Post
I don’t understand why anyone would buy a Honda city in 2023 given what the competition offers unless they are extremely loyal to the brand Honda.
Its an extremely good sedan and comfortable reliable sedan. The interior quality is good and the downside that you may think of may be performance but the 1.5 iVtec is not down on power neither is the efficiency of the petrol or the ehev variant.

Recently someone I know bought a MS GV Hybrid just for the suv nature over the City ehev and is now regretting it as the quality and build is abysmal they feel.

Slavia and Virtus are good performers but the interior quality is not up to the mark.

When the speed limits are 80 max on the NH highways out of Mumbai and max to max 100 only the comfortable City is a good reliable all rounder.
M00M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 18:31   #3276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer5499 View Post
Well, if you see, the direct competitors in the segment are the Virtus, Slavia, Ciaz & the Verna which essentially are C-segment sedans. If someone (like me) is determined to buy a sedan in this segment then the above cars are only the consideration set. Virtus & Slavia are good contenders in terms of build and looks, however a fuss free ownership is little dicey in my opinion. Verna is the strongest competitor but its looks are sure to polarise opinions. Ciaz with no meaningful updates is almost irrelevant & is not in the competition anymore.

Agreed that the City's engine is NA, but still it is a gem. Very smooth, rev-friendly and car's ticks almost all boxes for a general shopper. In my opinion, this is the car which 'represents' this segment's benchmark. Honda may have missed a few tricks in India regarding pricing/ products/ proactiveness etc but they have done a wonderful job with the 5th Gen City all around. It is astonishing that how such an old name plate is still relevant to current market and making its own marquee just like the various generations of the iconic Civic.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 11:29   #3277
BHPian

Crazy FE!

Here are some great FE figures I achieved yesterday. It was raining slightly and I set the CC to 60 kmph with aircon off. It was mostly on the 4-lane highway:
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1_30_1.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2_29_8.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-3_26_8.jpg

The 26.8 kmpl is for 81 kms which is impressive.

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 00:54.
manim is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 13:56   #3278
BHPian

Hello everyone
I am considering to damp door and floor of my honda city, have some queries.
1) Will it reduce ambient noise significantly?
2) Which material and thickness to use?
3) Do I consider upgrading speakers during process, if yes any suggestions on brand
4) Will roof damping will reduce roof rattling ( one of the reason for considering damping), tried ASC multiple times for roof rattling issue and its recurring after few days
Old 25th December 2023, 08:16   #3279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hello everyone
I am considering to damp door and floor of my honda city, have some queries.
1) Will it reduce ambient noise significantly?
2) Which material and thickness to use?
Hi, you can refer to posts #1898 & #2057 by bhpian Swarup5 on this thread.

Also in my searches I came across this brand which is used by one of the vendors in my city, you can check this out once:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CzXi-cHMbHK?hl=en

Although that was not from India it can serve as a reference as they even mentioned all the vibration/noise drop reports after damping was done at certain places. So you can use it to customise for your needs.
Check out their website, it's quite interesting.

Coming to your questions, first check the audio after the damping/proofing is done. If you're still not satisfied then go with the audio upgrade. The City's 8-speaker is quite capable in terms of sound and clarity in my opinion. It also carries enough punch even without a sub woofer.
You just need to use good files, specifically FLAC files. It takes memory on your phone but makes a world of difference. Don't expect the same quality or anywhere near that quality with streaming apps, even with damping done that is.

Hope you find these helpful.
cule1899_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 22:36   #3280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cule1899_bhp View Post

You just need to use good files, specifically FLAC files. It takes memory on your phone but makes a world of difference. Don't expect the same quality or anywhere near that quality with streaming apps, even with damping done that is.

Hope you find these helpful.
+1 to this. I use Poweramp and have songs in 320kbps mp3/FLAC files.

There's a major difference in the output of the speakers. The output is really good. Although, I feel the where it lacks is the bass and the sub-bass. The bass is not that tight and punchy. [ I have the V variant]

I am thinking of installing a spare amplifier that I have to check what difference it would make. Once I am done with this then, I am planning to move to dampening and check how much better the sound can get with the stock setup.

But I am thinking of installing it myself and the only thing that's stopping me is lack of service manuals / wiring diagrams. Any guide on how to pop open the interior trims and access the speakers would be really helpful. Is there any source where we can find these ?[ specific to the Indian model.]

Last edited by Sabertooth93 : 26th December 2023 at 22:47.
Old 28th December 2023, 21:16   #3281
BHPian

Has anybody tried installing the auto orvm folding relay kit in the V variant?

I have thinking of installing this?[/url] https://rdoverseas.in/products/orvm-...5314856616244]

Is it a good one or do we have better alternatives?
Old 29th December 2023, 18:37   #3282
BHPian

Well it was time to bid goodbye to our beloved Honda civic which has served us so faithfully for the last 14 years (due to the 15 years ownership rule in DelhiNCR). What an amazing & trouble free ownership experience it has been with the car. So today I exchanged it for a Honda City VX variant in manual transmission.
I was quite clear I wanted a sedan only. Hyundai Verna was never in contention as I am not really a fan of Korean cars (no offence to anyone, but just my personal choice) and the Skoda Slavia did not really measure up to my expectation. Along with the Honda Civic I had also owned the Honda City ZX which again served us dutifully for close to14 years and which I replaced with the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K variant in 2020.

I did test drive the Automatic version of the 5th Generation City, but after having driven the Octavia for close to 4 years now, the CVT with its Rubber band effect was quite a let down. However the Manual transmission is a gem of a car to drive.

I did take a hard look at the ZX variant and quite liked the leatherette upholstery and small well thought out touches like auto dimming rear view mirror, the soft touches around the dashboard, leather wrapped steering wheel but the deal breaker for me was the chrome door handles. They look so jarring and completely out of place in otherwise a beautifully sculpted car. I am not at all a fan of chrome and the best thing I like about the mid life update in the City is the thinned out front chrome bar.

As you can make out I am quite loyal to the Honda brand and prior to my Civic & City ZX, I had extensively driven my brothers original 1st Generation Honda City with its gem of a 1.5 litre Vtec engine dishing out 100 horses. What a beautiful engine that was. Even my Honda Civic which was so well maintained had 1.45K on the odo, yet I am sure it was good for another 1,45 K kms. but sadly I had to let it go.

I am now looking forward to the 5th gen. city which will complement our 1.8 TSI Skoda Octavia , which is an amazing machine indeed !
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city.jpeg  

Last edited by Timothy : 29th December 2023 at 19:04.
Timothy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 17:44   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cule1899_bhp View Post
Coming to your questions, first check the audio after the damping/proofing is done. If you're still not satisfied then go with the audio upgrade.
Thank you cule1899, i spoke to Bhpian swarup also on the other day. He gave detailed insight about damping and audio upgrade.
I went ahead with vibromax 2mm sheets, total 9 sheets were consumed for all 4 doors. Didn’t change any speakers and no floor or boot lid damping was done.
Post damping doors feel heavy and closes with thud, music quality has improved significantly, i can hear lows and mids clearly now and highs are punchy. Outside noise has reduced by 20-30%, i can hear only horns now and nothing much of outside chaos. Engine noise also reduced or what can i say, it has changed its note to little sweetish side. Total cost 8000 rs including labour charges. Happy with this mod as of now. Thank you for all the advice.
Neurodoc is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 19:04   #3284
BHPian

I having strange issue. I am unable to open and close my car using keyless system and with great difficulty I could start keeping fob close to start/stop button. Although the batteries in both key fobs are in good condition, the error that is displayed is No Key. What might be the problem?
Old 1st January 2024, 19:07   #3285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth93 View Post
+1 to this. I use Poweramp and have songs in 320kbps mp3/FLAC files.

There's a major difference in the output of the speakers. The output is really good. Although, I feel the where it lacks is the bass and the sub-bass. The bass is not that tight and punchy. [ I have the V variant]
Indeed. I never felt the sound system in itself lacking for clarity or detail, especially considering that I use high fidelity files. Only pet peeve or bug is the lack of better insulation and the tyre noise on hot days, key word being days, as they're not as intrusive from later on in the evenings.

So my preference if I am to upgrade would be tyres->files->damping in that order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Thank you cule1899
Glad it helped and thank you for posting the update.

Cheers.
cule1899_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks