Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 17:25   #1771
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
United India quote is with or without GSt?
33K is with GST. Here dealer is not too adamant on taking insurance from them. The discounts Honda give are pretty much what is mentioned in the below link. So you can ask them to give what is eligible.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/offers

By the way - what was the amount quoted by dealer for your friend?

Last edited by sreerknair : 5th October 2021 at 17:26.
Old 5th October 2021, 17:36   #1772
BHPian

I am getting 20k discount & some minor complementary services from dealer besides 20k discount from Honda But i will have to take insurance from them.
Its done deal.
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 18:12   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting 20k discount & some minor complementary services from dealer besides 20k discount from Honda But i will have to take insurance from them.
Its done deal.
Which dealer is promising the same? Can you tell? As I'm on the lookout for same ZX CVT
Old 5th October 2021, 22:17   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
33K is with GST. Here dealer is not too adamant on taking insurance from them.
https://www.hondacarindia.com/offers
Quote:
Its done deal.
From what I understood going through the quotations of different dealers, they have around 20k parked for this insurance discount stuff. They will quote 50k plus and then show this as a discount specially made for the customer. Similar features will be available at a little under 30k from outside.Some customers prefer the external route whereas some don't bother paying a few extra thousands to get the insurance too as a one stop solution from the dealer. The "OR ELSE You won't get this and that " is a tactic. The company offers put up on the site will be available for you. So anything over and above the Company offer + the 20K insurance discount is actually what we should bargain for.
AnnaRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 23:40   #1775
BHPian

I had taken standard 3 years warranty as my dealer didn't push for extended warranty. My SA said that I don't need to worry as Honda parts are durable and won't fail for over 15 years. So I didn't opt for it. But now I feel like I should have gone for it. Now that the car is just 300 kms old, pl. suggest if I should go for a 5 year extended warranty. The premium is high for a car which has run more kms. If any1 has got a 5 year / 10 year warranty, can you let me know what is covered under warranty
Old 6th October 2021, 00:14   #1776
BHPian

Shall I get Honda accessory of front parking sensors installed? Are these practical? Especially for the front right & left corners of the car?
Also is there a switch to turn them off if I don't require them?
Also shall I get the steering cover or is it included?
I will be getting the basic kit.
What accessories else do we need ? I am not looking for aesthetic accessories but functional accessories.
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 00:57   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Shall I get Honda accessory of front parking sensors installed? Are these practical? Especially for the front right & left corners of the car?
Also is there a switch to turn them off if I don't require them?
Also shall I get the steering cover or is it included?
I will be getting the basic kit.
What accessories else do we need ? I am not looking for aesthetic accessories but functional accessories.
I am getting it installed as being 6 ft. I have to dig myself quite deep (lowest level) into seat and the visibility of bonnet is very little. I often end up parking with a big gap from the car in front of me for safety and sometimes feel very embarrassed ☺️ of the gap.
It comes with on-off push button which will just go beside the VSA Button to the right side of steering. And also they will paint it with body colour.

Steering cover is not included in the basic kit
[ATTACH=all-new-honda-city-accessories-brochure.pdf]2215544[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf all-new-honda-city-accessories-brochure.pdf (3.99 MB, 261 views)
sprinter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 02:00   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
TBH, The LEDs in the projector are for sure better than halogen but not the best. I opted for these because of the brand name, there are higher and brighter wattage options available in the market, I feel comfortable driving with fog lamps on.

It's not necessary to use the relay and fuse. I just added it for my own peace of mind.
Hi can we get a picture with the LEDs switched on both of a just low beam and with all LEDs on. Also, what higher wattage options available for Low Beam?
Old 6th October 2021, 20:53   #1779
BHPian

Hi- have a query regarding the 4th gen, CVT City (2015 model). The car has been maintained as per OEM schedule at authorized service centers exclusively, and has done about 48,000 kms thus far.

For the last couple of years, I have noticed intermittent jerks in the car at lower speed. It does not happen all the time, and rarely at higher speeds. Tried basic trouble shooting like changing fuel pumps, addition of additives to the fuel, cleaning the air filter. The problem goes away for a few days (or goes away enough to not be noticed), and then comes back. The car rarely runs on less a quarter tank of fuel, and gets filled up at Indian Oil CoCo, with additives with every tankful, yet the problem persists.

As a last resort, I even got an FNG to check the spark plug, fuel injectors or the carburetors, to diagnose the source. But the problem could not replicated at the FNG and as per them, the spark plug, injectors etc are all ok. Admittedly, I had not visited the FNG myself but sent the driver, and I am not sure how seriously they tried to diagnose the the issue but the driver was satisfied that they spent at least 1/2 hour-45 minutes checking each of these things.

I had posted this issue sometime back on this forum, and I believe a couple of other members reported facing the same issue. But we really did not have a source of the problem or a solution. If anyone else out there has faced a similar issue, it will be great to hear.

Last edited by Vitalstatistiks : 6th October 2021 at 20:55.
Old 7th October 2021, 15:09   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Hi- have a query regarding the 4th gen, CVT City (2015 model). The car has been maintained as per OEM schedule at authorized service centers exclusively, and has done about 48,000 kms thus far.

For the last couple of years, I have noticed intermittent jerks in the car at lower speed. It does not happen all the time, and rarely at higher speeds. Tried basic trouble shooting like changing fuel pumps, addition of additives to the fuel, cleaning the air filter. The problem goes away for a few days (or goes away enough to not be noticed), and then comes back. The car rarely runs on less a quarter tank of fuel, and gets filled up at Indian Oil CoCo, with additives with every tankful, yet the problem persists.

As a last resort, I even got an FNG to check the spark plug, fuel injectors or the carburetors, to diagnose the source. But the problem could not replicated at the FNG and as per them, the spark plug, injectors etc are all ok. Admittedly, I had not visited the FNG myself but sent the driver, and I am not sure how seriously they tried to diagnose the the issue but the driver was satisfied that they spent at least 1/2 hour-45 minutes checking each of these things.

I had posted this issue sometime back on this forum, and I believe a couple of other members reported facing the same issue. But we really did not have a source of the problem or a solution. If anyone else out there has faced a similar issue, it will be great to hear.
In my City (5th gen), there is a small jerk that can be noticed at around 1.5k rpm in second gear, when I’m going light on the pedal. Not sure if this is the one you’re talking about, but if it is that, then I’ve heard multiple people stating that. No solution found though.
Old 8th October 2021, 21:58   #1781
BHPian

So I will be taking delivery on Tuesday. I have decided against Front parking sensors as I think these are not accurate enough and besides I don't like the idea of them removing the bumper for this.
I personally don't like the idea of adding accessories so I will go for only basic kit and leather steering wheel cover.
How much is chrome window mouldings if anyone knows?
neeraj0272 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 23:10   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
So I will be taking delivery on Tuesday. I have decided against Front parking sensors as I think these are not accurate enough and besides I don't like the idea of them removing the bumper for this.
I personally don't like the idea of adding accessories so I will go for only basic kit and leather steering wheel cover.
How much is chrome window mouldings if anyone knows?
Which variant did you opt for?
I recommend getting the steering wheel stitched outside for better finish
Happy motoring!
911CarerraS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 23:11   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavb88 View Post
Thanks a lot Learner for your advice.
Will definitely help me take an informed decision.
Not Laddakh but I covered Spiti Valley in my Honda City. Last time when I tried to reach Spiti from Manali, I couldn't because of 150 km of extremely bad roads. However this time I went from Shimla side and returned by the same route.

Had good fortune of seeing rainbow above the Buddha Statue of Langza.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210930_132829.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210927_142523.jpg  

Learner is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 09:37   #1784
BHPian

Does anyone else here feel the severe lack of torque in the new City? I knew it was going to be less (coming from a diesel, albeit a smaller engine), but overtakes on highways seem to take forever! Is there a specific way to drive a NA engine to make sure you don't feel the lack of power?

Never thought I would be writing this about a new car worth 16L, with just 1.4k on the odo!

Also, has anyone taken this car to the hills? I have a feeling that the 145 nm torque is going to make the engine scream (because of the need to be at higher rpm) while going uphill.
Old 11th October 2021, 10:38   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Does anyone else here feel the severe lack of torque in the new City? I knew it was going to be less (coming from a diesel, albeit a smaller engine), but overtakes on highways seem to take forever! Is there a specific way to drive a NA engine to make sure you don't feel the lack of power?

Never thought I would be writing this about a new car worth 16L, with just 1.4k on the odo!

Also, has anyone taken this car to the hills? I have a feeling that the 145 nm torque is going to make the engine scream (because of the need to be at higher rpm) while going uphill.
I drive a Manza diesel, and yes the torque in City is low compared to any turbo diesels. I was test driving City CVT in Kerala, and what I found is overtaking has to be planned well ahead. You can't expect that sudden acceleration of diesels when downshifting using paddle shifters in City CVT. In an MT, I expect it to pull nicely in a lower gear. Except that the engine noise will be high.

Regarding hills, in the just above post, BHPian Learner has taken his car to Spiti Valley. He can comment on that better. While in a 1 hour test drive, which included some steep sections, CVT was able to manage it effortlessly.

I think you are concerned more on the engine noise than on the low torque. That engine is a NA engine, and it needs to be revved to get that sudden linear acceleration. It is designed that way, and it will make that noise as well. As long as you are not redlining it frequently, and keep it at 3k to 4k RPM for those sudden acceleration, I don't think something bad will happen to that engine. Of course you need to get used to that higher noise during that time. Other BHPians can pitch in.
sreerknair is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks