Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 23:24   #1801
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
I showed this thread to my wife and she said I’d sound like you if I buy a City For some context, I want City but she wants Astor. Seeing that you’re in Bangalore, any remarks on the ground clearance? Almost every one of my colleagues has an SUV and they cite the moon like craters of Bangalore roads as the sole reason.
Honestly, the ground clearance has not been a problem. I think it is good enough.
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 23:39   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Does anyone else here feel the severe lack of torque in the new City? I knew it was going to be less (coming from a diesel, albeit a smaller engine), but overtakes on highways seem to take forever! Is there a specific way to drive a NA engine to make sure you don't feel the lack of power?

Never thought I would be writing this about a new car worth 16L, with just 1.4k on the odo!

Also, has anyone taken this car to the hills? I have a feeling that the 145 nm torque is going to make the engine scream (because of the need to be at higher rpm) while going uphill.
I never felt lack of power during any of my five trips to the mountains. The car pulls above 1000 rpm even on steep climbs.
However, if you are traveling at 70-80 kmph on highway in sixth gear and want to cross 100 kmph then it takes lots of time. So, to accelerate quickly you need to downshift to 4th (5th is again sluggish). The car pulls nicely in 6th gear if your speed is above 110 kmph.
Learner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 11:49   #1803

Any recommendations for a good dashcam? I am thinking of keeping it at the front and back of my car.
Old 12th October 2021, 21:09   #1804
BHPian

Took delivery of my new Honda city ZX CVT petrol. It's in Golden Metallic Brown colour.
It's September manufactured and Odometer showed a reading of 49km.
I got normal Honda discount of 20k + dealer discount of 15k + Loyalty discount of 5k.
I took insurance & loan from the dealer itself. In the end Dealer helped me in getting my NCB which my own insurance agent wasn't able to get!
Besides basic kit, I took rear dickey mat, Chrome elegance package and chrome garnish for lower door .
neeraj0272 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 21:32   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone else here feel the severe lack of torque in the new City? I knew it was going to be less (coming from a diesel, albeit a smaller engine), but overtakes on highways seem to take forever! Is there a specific way to drive a NA engine to make sure you don't feel the lack of power?

Never thought I would be writing this about a new car worth 16L, with just 1.4k on the odo!

Also, has anyone taken this car to the hills? I have a feeling that the 145 nm torque is going to make the engine scream (because of the need to be at higher rpm) while going uphill.
145nm for a petrol engine is decent. And since you are coming from turbo diesel, I can understand your point.

If I drive my brothers Elite i20 diesel and then City, I will feel the difference. But the NA petrols are a different breed than diesel or turbo motors. Need to revv hard to get the performance that you expect. As far as I know, petrol motors, especially NA, has the range starts from middle to higher rpms only. So it is normal for city to feel quicker in higher revv range compared to turbo-based engines.

Experts can pitch in. But just one final view from me, I always loved revving 4th gen City, be it in highways or city and it was proper fun for me.
xcentrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 22:19   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
Besides basic kit, I took rear dickey mat, Chrome elegance package and chrome garnish for lower door .
Congratulations Neeraj. If you don't mind, could you please share some pictures of the floor and trunk mat inside the car? I just wanted to check the fit of these oem accessories. I am confused between the 7D mat from Coozo and the oem.
sreerknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 22:50   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Congratulations Neeraj. If you don't mind, could you please share some pictures of the floor and trunk mat inside the car? I just wanted to check the fit of these oem accessories. I am confused between the 7D mat from Coozo and the oem.
- Do not take basic kit, floor mat fit is not good. Front ones are ok but rear keeps slipping.
- For boot mat - buy it from amazon, price ~ 2000 after card discounts. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fit is good except minor issue at one corner
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1634059497902.jpg

Last edited by Latheesh : 12th October 2021 at 22:57.
Latheesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 22:59   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
- Do not take basic kit, floor mat fit is not good. Front ones are ok but rear keeps slipping.
Thanks Latheesh, any suggestions for the floor mat?
Old 12th October 2021, 23:21   #1809
BHPian

Quote:

I've ordered carpet mats from Elegant, total 5 pieces with Velcro attachment at the base, I will get them in a couple of days will let you know about the quality once I receive them, I also went for a similar boot mat from them, total cost 3.5k after 10% discount.
indivic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 23:39   #1810
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Small NA petrols - yes 1.5 is relatively small too , not as much in India because 2+ liter NA petrols never became mass-selling here - never have been fun low down the rev range. The only real fun to be had is in their mid-range (2.5-4.5k revs), because higher revs are impossible to maintain for extended periods even on highway sprints. Pedal to the metal is an occasional indulgence for most, not an everyday use case.

Quote:
Have driven the BS3 and BS4 versions of the 1.5 iVTEC in the hills, and it fares pretty well if kept in the mid-range and appropriate gears going uphill. It's a sweet-sounding motor, but any peace-loving passengers may not agree with an extended aural session.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 08:30   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Elegant mat is one option (It cost ~ 2000 I think) or go for a basic mat from local accessory shop. Best option is 3D Kagu mat (3dmatsindia.com)but it is not available for new Honda City yet.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 11:01   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
I drove from Bangalore to Mysore last night, and with the road-work + Dussera crowd situation on that road, it felt like both the car and I had to do a lot of hard work to be quick enough.
You have driven on a road where you feel like driving fast , but you can't due to traffic and repairs. No wonder you ended up getting frustrated. The moment you want to accelerate, there is either a road deviation or a two-wheeler trying to sneak in from the junction .

As you rightly pointed out in a later post , power to weight ratios are higher than Creta , however torque is on the lower side .

To avoid flat mid-range on highways, I follow these ( on my CVT though)

- Up shift right around 3-4k RPM when you don't want any more sudden acceleration. This ensures that it moves the car into higher speeds without a fuss. Yes it takes some time getting used to the lack of a turbo for mid range. But that's just the way in NA engines.

- Don't hesitate to red line this car. It does red line very easily by the way! Once you have the speed, you can up shift to any higher gear and cruise at higher speeds with ease.

In fact i bought CVT as i felt MT was a busy unit for my liking . CVT additionally have paddle shifters which can be put to use for slick up shift.
Swarup5 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 12:35   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

Re mats or other accessories, I didn't want to make any extra stop by going to any other third party vendor. Honda showroom was very convenient for deciding which accessories to buy and their quality is most probably better than third party vendors.

Now coming to mats, I find rear trunk mat priced Rs. 3400 to be good fit and will serve its purpose fine.
Rear seats floor mats (Basic Kit) - fabric mats seemed smallish and hence loose fitting to me.
Front seats floor mats (Basic Kit) - fabric mats although smallish but are anchored to plastic mats so maybe it will not be a problem.
I haven't driven the car so I can not give you user experience regarding these mats.

I also bought step illumination @ Rs 5000, Chrome Package - Elegance @ Rs. 12400 and Doors Lower Chrome Garnish @ Rs. 6200. These are prices after some small discount.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211013_101803.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211013_101110.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211013_101134.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211013_101405.jpg  

Last edited by neeraj0272 : 13th October 2021 at 12:54. Reason: added pricing
neeraj0272 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:50   #1814
BHPian

Hi friends. Need one suggestion. I have done the PDI for City today, and I am bit confused with few stains (or paint ?) I see in few parts of the exterior. Almost all of it are on the left rear door, and few on boot lid. Attaching the pictures below. The car is driven only 6KM and is September manufactured. The dealership is insisting that these are not paint, but some dirt that got accumulated, and will be removed during delivery by polishing. May I know if this process is going to damage the original paint, and do I need to be worried on taking the delivery of the car? I am more skeptical on a marking on the boot lid (the last but picture)
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211014_102424.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211014_102429.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211014_102436.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211014_104308.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211014_104326.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211014_105237.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211014_105236.jpg  

sreerknair is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 13:24   #1815
BHPian

At first glance most of these marks seem to be like some superficial oil or waxing stains. When I did my PDI there were many such stains. When we tried to remove them with our fingers or a cloth these stains came off.
You should take closer look at the rear door. sometimes paint gets chipped if door is opened with another vehicle or wall standing close to it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks