Senior - BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

2021 City V Manual - Another mileage update (3 passengers + luggage):
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1698411312967.jpg

Distance covered: 536 km
Total hours (excluding break) : 19.5
Avg distance covered per hour : 27.5 km
Mileage: 16.5 kmpl
Traffic condition: Lots of bad roads due to construction, crawling traffic at many places, and few horrible traffic jams. It was more like driving inside the city except may be 100 km out of 536 km.

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 00:56.
Latheesh is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 09:56   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
So, here's to the car that's been a constant in our lives, the one that's been with us through thick and thin. Our Catherine may not be perfect, but she's our car, our partner in this enchanting dance of life. It's been 2 years now and every time I park the car for the day, I turn around and admire the beauty that she is. That, I think is never going to get old.
Love,
Dad
Love the way you've articulated the story. And its great to see the vehicle serving it's purpose year over year. Happy I made the choice too.

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 00:57. Reason: Fixing quote.
shubham322000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 11:16   #3258
BHPian

Looks like Elevate is cannibalizing City sales.

The Honda City has disappointed again with sales of merely 1,553 units and following the trend of the past few months, we can conclude that City is not the leader of this segment anymore. Imagine if the City still had the Diesel option along with an RS Turbo Petrol variant... Such a lost opportunity.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...8ca8107d&ei=15
Old 14th November 2023, 18:05   #3259
BHPian

A quick query folks,

I hear a small hiss sound (very feeble) while I press the clutch paddle on my ZX MT. It occurs only when I start the car for the first time in the day. (Due to a reduction in my office days the usage has reduced to only once a week, it has run 14K in 1.5 years).

Wanted to hear from the forum here, before I take her to the SC.

Has anybody experienced this on their city ?

Regards
Diesel

Last edited by graaja : 19th November 2023 at 06:37. Reason: Spell check. Please use upper case for "I".
Dieseltuned is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th November 2023, 06:11   #3260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
A quick query folks,

I hear a small hiss sound (very feeble) while I press the clutch paddle on my ZX MT. It occurs only when I start the car for the first time in the day.
Nothing that I've experienced myself or at least read in the forum by others (unless I missed any). You can definitely consult the nearest SA or wait for more advice here.

Last edited by graaja : 19th November 2023 at 06:34. Reason: Fixing broken quotes
shubham322000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 10:55   #3261

I have completed more than one year of ownership of Honda city V MT and have driven approximately 19000 kilometers in last one year. More than 90% of it has been in hilly roads and terrain of himachal pradesh. Here are a few points based upon my driving experience.
Positives:
1. Excellent handling. It handles curves like a dream. Driving it on narrow and winding roads of himachal has been an exhilarating experience.
2. Powerful engine with well synced transmission: Absolutely no complaints in this regard. 1.5 ivtec is the USP of this car.
3. Ergonomics: This is one things that people miss and I think is the most important aspect of driving experience. In city, everything seems well sorted at appropriate angles and within reach.
4. Fuel efficiency: Average fuel efficiency since last one year has been around 15-16 kmpl. You cannot expect better figures when you look at road and terrain conditions here.

Negatives:
1. Poor sound insulation: No insulation in wheel well, filmy panels compared to earlier builds, poor stock tyres. All of it makes for road noise, wind noise and engine noise to enter cabin and ruin your driving experience.
2. Tyres: Less said the better. V MT comes with 185 section tyres with 15" alloys from MRF. Braking feels poor, and overall driving dynamics beg for tyres to be upgraded as soon as stock tyres are finished. One another related sore point is that tyres are almost finished in last 19k kilometers and will go at max for another 2k to 3k kilometers. Any suggestion for upgrade with same alloys is greatly appreciated.
3. Paint quality: I have got countless scratches and marks all arond even with small thorns sticking out from roadside bushes. Paint quality is even inferior to my 2009 santro which has still got its original paint with almost no scratches in such long time. Quality of paint is definitely a downside of new honda city.
4. Ground clearance: This can only be considered a negative from a third person's point of view because as an owner, you know you are buying a sedan wit low ground clearance.

Overall, I am quite satisfied with my city and intend to keep it for long time despite its shortcomings on a few points.
nsharma2104 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 23:59   #3262
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I just picked up a 2021 city vx cvt, and see from the service records that the rear parking sensors were replaced in September.

Surprise, surprise, as of yesterday, putting the car in reverse makes the right side parking sensor start screaming, claiming that there's something very near the rear bumper. Only there's nothing behind the car and the alert is continuous while the car is in reverse.

Honda scanned the car and no errors found.
They then tried to clean the wires around the sensor and apply silicon grease, no use.
Now they're replacing the sensor yet again under warranty.

Anything else to look for that we all missed here? Thanks!
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 12:45   #3263

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Hi, I just picked up a 2021 city vx cvt, and see from the service records that the rear parking sensors were replaced in September.
Hi,
I have a 2020 ZX CVT city and I have been facing a similar issue since August 2023. Initially I kept getting an error- "Rear parking sensor failure" And the sensors do not work while reversing. Honda scanned and found that a sensor needed replacement and I got it replaced under warranty and was all good. But again after 2 months I faced the same issue and upon scanning it was found that the replaced sensor and another one had failed. Again they replaced both sensors under warranty. All good.

Two weeks later while engaging the reverse gear, I got continuous beep indicating an object very close on my left most side when there was absolutely nothing behind. My SA has asked me to leave the car with them for a day to find out the root cause as they do not want to keep replacing a sensor under warranty as this is happening quite often, which I too agreed. I am yet to leave my car there. Will update once I do so.

Last edited by ampere : 27th February 2024 at 23:39.
the_autopsyche is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 17:15   #3264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_autopsyche View Post
Two weeks later while engaging the reverse gear, I got continuous beep indicating an object very close on my left most side when there was absolutely nothing behind. My SA has asked me to leave the car with them for a day to find out the root cause as they do not want to keep replacing a sensor under warranty as this is happening quite often, which I too agreed. I am yet to leave my car there. Will update once I do so.
I got this suggestion from someone on another automobile group (BITOG, an engine oil forum that also has general discussion subgroups)

Worth a try redoing this but at a qualified and experienced car electricals guy not a dealer.

Quote:
Shorting is reason parking sensors fail. Shorting often is a result of damage to the wire insulation and or moisture.

If it was me, I would inspect the insulation powering the sensors, along with a large amount of dielectric grease in and around the back of the sensors. I suspect the dielectric grease is the solution you need, and the problem you have experienced toes to water/ rain/ moisture.

I know the dealer put on silicone grease, but there is a difference between putting on silicone grease and packing with silicone grease. In your situation, packing after 100 percent drying of the sensor and connection is the process to follow. Small moisture not removed, and then coated with silicone paste can lock in the moisture, allowing another failure.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 10:17   #3265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsharma2104 View Post
3. Paint quality: I have got countless scratches and marks all arond even with small thorns sticking out from roadside bushes. Paint quality is even inferior to my 2009 santro which has still got its original paint with almost no scratches in such long time. Quality of paint is definitely a downside of new honda city.
Bought the new one in May this year and I can vouch for this totally. Abysmal quality of paint. I have scratches on the hood and door already :(
Mumbaiker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 12:17   #3266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Bought the new one in May this year and I can vouch for this totally. Abysmal quality of paint. I have scratches on the hood and door already :(
I am using this car for last 2 years, on village roads even smaller bushes on roadside causes deep scratches on car. Paint quality is worst than our alto.
Neurodoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 12:55   #3267

I bought a Honda city 2022 manufactured in June 2023, but the honda service records show that warranty started on 27 feb 2023, and honda connect shows warranty end date as 26 feb 2026. The local dealer is providing a letter on his letterhead stating that the warranty will be effective the actual purchase date.

Please advice me on how to handle this situation, should I escalate this or is the dealer letter fine to go with?

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-honda-city.jpg

have attached the screenshot of the honda connect app for reference
palashsinghania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 18:04   #3268

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashsinghania View Post
I bought a Honda city 2022 manufactured in June 2023, but the honda service records show that warranty started on 27 feb 2023, and honda connect shows warranty end date as 26 feb 2026. The local dealer is providing a letter on his letterhead stating that the warranty will be effective the actual purchase date.
I would suggest you check the warranty card/booklet issued to you and not go by the service records/honda connect app. If the issue is a matter of correction of the date in the service records/connect app you can raise that issue with the dealer. However, if the issue is that the warranty card/booklet has an earlier date than the date of purchase you will need to escalate it to the company.

The warranty is given by the manufacturer and not by the dealer. The warranty is implemented through the dealer but the decision of the manufacturer i.e. Honda Cars India Ltd in this case would be final. The other issue is that a warranty issued by Honda is binding on all the dealers in India. The letter issued by your dealer may not suffice if there is a requirement to avail the benefit of the warranty in a dealership/service center other than the one which issued the letter.

I would suggest escalating it to Honda Cars India Ltd through emails and letters. If they do not resolve the issue, it is advisable to send a legal notice. A legal notice usually sorts out these issues.

I would recommend escalating this to Honda and getting an assurance from Honda Cars India Ltd that they will honor the warranty from the date of purchase and not from the date shown on the Honda connect app/service records. They should also explain how this error occurred as the internal process would most likely be that the warranty would start running from the date of purchase.

Hope this helps.
BOTT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 20:45   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashsinghania View Post
Have you checked the RC Book and confirmed that you are marked as the First Owner ? The worst case I can think of is that the car was invoiced to someone else on Feb 27 and for whatever reason it was canceled and later invoiced to you.

The letter from dealership is of no use because the warranty claims need to be honored by Honda; moreover you have no guarantee that the said dealership will be there till 2026. Better to sort this out through Honda.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 21:08   #3270

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTT View Post
I would suggest you check the warranty card/booklet issued to you and not go by the service records/honda connect app. If the issue is a matter of correction of the date in the service records/connect app you can raise that issue with the dealer. However, if the issue is that the warranty card/booklet has an earlier date than the date of purchase you will need to escalate it to the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Have you checked the RC Book and confirmed that you are marked as the First Owner ? The worst case I can think of is that the car was invoiced to someone else on Feb 27 and for whatever reason it was canceled and later invoiced to you.

The letter from dealership is of no use because the warranty claims need to be honored by Honda; moreover you have no guarantee that the said dealership will be there till 2026. Better to sort this out through Honda.
My invoice and every document including RC, insurance is dated as per my actual purchase...

I wrote the same to honda yesterday, and the dealer has provided me with an additional year of warranty from their end today after escalating the same to Honda. The dealer is assuring me that this will solve my issue. In any way, My warranty has been extended by another one year, effectively enhancing my warranty by 8 months.

I had just one query here. Since I would be getting my vehicle serviced as per my Date of purchase, and not February date, can Honda deny any claims on that front?? Considering the worst case scenario, can I use my invoice, RC and other documents as a proof of date of purchase, since I was invoiced the vehicle on my date of purchase as first owner?

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like... this...

Last edited by ampere : 27th February 2024 at 23:40. Reason: Formatted for readability
palashsinghania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks