Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 11:31   #16
BHPian

Re: If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?

The Bolero! Without a doubt. The only thing I will ensure this time around is a full-body anti-rusting ceramic coating. The saline air in Mumbai is not too kind
sam_babushka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 11:37   #17
BHPian

My grandmother's Red Beatle and our Skoda Laura. Miss the handling and grunt of the laura.
Old 29th November 2019, 11:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
From modern cars, I wouldn't buy it back, but I do miss my Vtec more than any other ex-car of mine:
Bit surprised you still miss it, even after the Civic! I wont buy it back either, even though it was my first, but would always have a yearning for it!

I'd buy back my T-Bird 350 again if I could. Had some lovely late night rides around Mumbai on it. Although, it was pre-owned too, I got it with barely 9K kms on the clock, so was practically new!

Great idea for a thread!
avinash_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 11:42   #19
BHPian

I would have loved to buy back all my rides! Starting with the 2002 Tata Sumo, 2005 MS Baleno VXi, 2008 2.2 TATA Safari, 2011 i20 Diesel, 2012 Toyota Fortuner. I sold them to my acquaintances, however looking at the shabby way these are kept by them today (Sumo and Baleno are scrapped and de-registered now) I would not.
Ahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 11:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
None, I have practically ran into ground every car i bought. Pura pura ragda hai bechne se pehle.
Well, to quote your post, we had a 118NE, if anyone remembers the iconic sedan which we abused for like 8-10years. It was transferred to us against an outstanding payment. We used to run it on lpg domestic cylinder. Throughly abused on all kinds of roads, although dad did spend a lot of time and efforts and money to upkeep it interior as well as mechanically.
Those days, 10-15years back, lpg cylinder used to cost 250-300₹ i think, and it used to last for like 350-400kms on one go. Never ran on petrol. Sadly was scrapped later.

Would have loved to own this one even though it wouldn't be a beater now. Lots of fun and lots of memories of this one.
Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 11:42   #21
BANNED

Laura 1.8 TSi, I regret the decision of letting that one go. It’s still in my close circle and has covered a lot of miles (probably one of the few which are about to touch 1.8 lac km on odo) but the performance is still strong. And what a charm was that 1.8l TSi motor with a 6 speed manual gearbox was! Skoda should have provided the stick shift option in Octavia 1.8 too.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 11:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

I loved my Qualis. Come back Qualis are the words that I always keep chanting whenever I see any Qualis on the road. The Mania is so much, it is not just me, but, my entire family wants our Qualis back. We have travelled 83,000 KMs with the car to every corner of the country where sometimes, even Google Aunty did not have clue of the route.

Even today, the riding comfort and pleasure, we cannot forget. The only reason we sold it was to get some space for Fortuner in the parking lot.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-qualis.jpg  

Last edited by gkveda : 29th November 2019 at 11:49.
gkveda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 11:50   #23
Team-BHP Support

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-304766_10150309848607596_1933604255_n.jpg

Has to be this, the Yamaha YZF R-15. It was from the first lot [Indonesian made] and it had telepathic handling which made me a fan. Regret selling this, replaced it with a CBR-250R which had oomph, but neither handled as good or braked.

Only if R15 was a 250.
Sheel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:05   #24
BHPian

My Cedia. Used it for almost 8 years as a daily ride and innumerable road trips. Never let me down ever. I still remember taking it to Wayanad once via the Kabini-Mananthavady stretch - for folks who have gone that route the roads are non-existent. and yet the Cedia just kept going without any complaints.
motorotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:15   #25
BHPian

That is a great thread with nostalgia written in big bold letters all over it!!

In an ideal scenario I would get my Fiat Punto 1.4 EMOTION back. Just loved the car, its build quality and drop-dead gorgeous silhouette.

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-hound-front.jpg

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-hound-rear.jpg
docprashant is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:24   #26
BHPian

It would have to be my original Pulsar 180. The one with the round headlamp. It was pretty scratchless and in excellent condition. Used it for 7 years and almost for 70000kms but took real care of it. It was only when it came up for an engine overhaul dad wanted to sell it, and he would not let me buy a new bike till I sold this one.
Hamza123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:31   #27
BHPian

CBR250R ABS Repsol. Purchased during my college days by saving for over 3 years. Became my identity among my friends. It kept me happy during hard phases of my life. I actually cried when the new owner took her away. It was sold to accommodate my CBR650F in my apartment parking. It was most practical, reliable, comfortable bike i've ever owned and i miss it so badly that i had even made an offer to buy it back from the current owner.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-img_20190504_150018.jpg  

Last edited by hgps : 29th November 2019 at 12:38.
hgps is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:37   #28
BHPian

Our first car, my zen, in a heartbeat. Had to part away due to obnoxious NGT order. But till date, everytime a silky silver zen passes by, my heart skips a beat. Had it been not for the insanity of NGT, zen would have still been with me.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:49   #29
BHPian

My 1993 Honda Prelude Si (miss it like hell!). It was my first car and I have very, very fond memories of it - I kitted it with an Alpine Type E 12" sub and infinity audio speakers all around and a beautiful pioneer HU.

The day I sold it was one of the saddest days of my life and in an almost movie like way - I drove it all day until sunset, reminiscing of the good times the car and I had together!

I want it back - like really, really bad!!

Edit: Thanks gururajrv for allowing us to reflect on those times again!
Attached Thumbnails
If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-lude1.jpg  

Last edited by reppy : 29th November 2019 at 12:52.
reppy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 13:04   #30
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Another Baleno owner here. That car was a class apart in the highways. Used it for 11 years and 1.2L kms. Like someone mentioned, it would match a Toyota in everystep. In all those years, the only part I changed(apart from wear and tear ) was an O2 sensor around 8 years. I changed the clutch at 95K though the service technician gave it another 10K kms.
My wife and mom still swear by the back seat comfort compared to my current Creta.
m8002? is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks