Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2007, 13:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

I like the idea of doing away with the Baleno brandname!

They didnt launch the 1.5 version of the swift in India to keep the price low, so I am not too sure which engine will they fit into this for the Indian avataar. Although I would prefer the new engine, its not a big deal if they launch both options. It would either be good or very good!
Old 5th March 2007, 23:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Its surprising to note that Suzuki plans to sell this SX4 sedan only in the Indian and Chinese markets. Is that that they have more money than they want to?
I think it's got to do more with emerginf Market syndrome.
In other countries, Suzuki would have to face stiff competition from Toyotas Honda's and others, who rule the roost when it comes to this segment.
They're SX4 hatchback has recieved very good reviews though.
Old 7th March 2007, 09:42   #18
BHPian

The SX4 was originally designed and developed by Giorgetto Giugiaro of Italdesign for Fiat and was in the form of a compact SUV called the Sedici. The Suzuki-Fiat alliance has also led to the platform being used by both the companies for a SX4 hatch and now the sedan.

Suzuki has chosen to launch the sedan version of the SX4 only in the Indian and Chinese markets.

Below:
SX4 Sedan which would be showcased Geneva Motor Show 8-18 March 2007

Source: 77th International Motor Show, Palexpo-Geneva, 8th to 18th March 2007. World premieres in car industry, international car exposition

Old 7th March 2007, 10:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Don't know why, but the 1st photo (side profile) reminds me of the Fiesta. While the rear in the 2nd snap resembles the Verna a bit. But going by today's trend kickstarted first by the NHC, looks like this will be popular with the masses. Now, if only we got the tech specs for the car to be launched in India.
Old 7th March 2007, 14:55   #20
BHPian

Suzuki booth highlights at
the 77th Geneva International Motor Show.....

In 2006, Suzuki enjoyed strong overseas sales of its world strategic modelsSwift, Grand Vitara, and SX4 to post worldwide sales of 2,174 thousand units (an 8% increase over 2005) despite a consistent shortage of supply. As announced last August, Magyar Suzuki Corporation, Hungary, will further increase its production volume from 160,000 units in 2006 to 300,000 units in 2008, in addition, Suzuki plans to open a new Japanese factory in 2008 and increase production capabilities at all of its plants to target worldwide production of three million units a year in 2009.

In Europe last year, Suzuki sold 302 thousand units (11% up on the previous year), including 25 thousand units of SX4 that was launched last spring. For 2007, Suzuki plans to take the following measures for the SX4 to achieve 55 thousand units sales, and 340 thousand units (13% up on the previous year) in total.

1.Launch the SX4 Sedan, which is ideal for family and business settings.

2.Add a new 1.6-litre DDiS diesel model (for SX4 hatchback model / 1.6-litre 5MT: 66kW/4,000 rpm and 215NEm/1,750 rpm

).3.Provide Japanese-made SX4 to help to mitigate the supply shortage. For 2008, European sales of 360 thousand units (6% up on the previous year) are the target.

Suzuki also intends to put greater effort into motor sports activities in 2007 in addition to its current participation in the JRC, hill climbing races, and motorcycle racing.

From 2008, Suzuki intends to fully participate in the pinnacle of rallying events, the WRC, and in preparation it will enter two rounds on a test basis starting with the Rallye de France in October 2007.

At the same time as striving for the world title, Suzuki is going to sponsor the local Swift Sport rally cups from the coming spring in an effort to promote interaction between more motor sports fans and Suzuki in various countries.

Last edited by thainogkok : 7th March 2007 at 14:56.
Old 7th March 2007, 14:58   #21
BHPian

SX4 Sedan
</STRONG>The SX4 Sedan is the saloon version of the SX4, Suzuki's third world-strategic model. It has the elegance and practicality of a saloon and - for its overall size - a particularly roomy interior, plus the convenience and utility of Suzuki's high-roof wagon, which is one of the core attractions of its vehicles. Suzuki sees the new saloon as an expression of "upright comfortism."

The SX4 Sedan is stylish yet has the space to allow all occupants to sit with natural postures, and it also has the space that enables comfort expected of a notchback. A highly rigid body and rigid suspension mounts and links derived from the SX4 hatchback provide excellent driving dynamics. For the Geneva Motor Show, an SX4 Sedan Sport is on special display. Based on a production model, it is equipped with large 17-inch wheels and tyres and a 2.0-litre engine.

กก Motorsport (SX4 WRC concept and the Swift Sport Rally Cup Car)
The development of the SX4 WRC, which is going to enter the WRC from 2008, is nearing completion. All Japanese testing was completed last month, with European testing beginning in April. Suzuki has also confirmed its entry - on a test basis - in the Rallye de France in October and the Rally GB in November to finally prepare the SX4 WRC for its debut in 2008.

Whilst Suzuki is targeting the world championship, it is also going to support the local Swift Sport rally cups in an effort to promote interaction between it and motor sports fans.

The Swift Sport Rally Cup Car is based on the Swift Sport Euro Spec. which reflects the experience developed in the JWRC.

กก Project Splash
Suzuki Project Splash is a gclinic modelh showing the direction of the second phase of Suzukifs world strategy following the first-phase launches of the Swift, Grand Vitara, and SX4.
Based on the concept of a car for everybody in the family, it is intended to satisfy diverse people in varied user situations. A platform shared with the Swift provides driveability on a par with that of the Swift. The tall body is roomy and comfortable and the cabin combines a contemporary design with equipment that is particularly user friendly. The concept has received good reviews since it was displayed at the 2006 Paris International Motor Show.
Further studies are being conducted with an ultimate goal of production.
Old 8th March 2007, 00:49   #22
BHPian

Suzui showrooms next to mine here in dxb...will try to get some snaps of the SX4
Old 8th March 2007, 02:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
The SX4 was originally designed and developed by Giorgetto Giugiaro of Italdesign for Fiat and was in the form of a compact SUV called the Sedici. The Suzuki-Fiat alliance has also led to the platform being used by both the companies for a SX4 hatch and now the sedan.

Suzuki has chosen to launch the sedan version of the SX4 only in the Indian and Chinese markets.

Below:
SX4 Sedan which would be showcased Geneva Motor Show 8-18 March 2007

Source: 77th International Motor Show, Palexpo-Geneva, 8th to 18th March 2007. World premieres in car industry, international car exposition

Hmm...nice looks. Seems like a product of Fiesta-Verna union!!

A powerful engine and Maruti *** will do the trick for them.
Old 9th March 2007, 14:57   #24
BHPian

Like I was saying in my earlier post, the car pricing would be in 7 to 8 lkhs range and not from 6.5 to 8. The reason being Maruti intends to position SX4 in the bigger segment where it hasnt had any success till date.

Here is a recent article on the SX4 in Geneva

India’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki is heading for an image makeover through its new sedan SX4, which is expected to hit the Indian roads by mid-May with a price tag in the range of Rs 7-8 lakh.

Maruti to go for image makeover with SX4 sedan-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 9th March 2007, 15:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Positioning it from 6.5 lakhs onwards would have been a safer bet, as the Baleno Vxi did good business (during the end of its life) at that price point.

However, I think it still might be worth the risk to peg it at 7lakhs given the fact that it is a newer car, with more features (especially safety features). With the economy in good shape, and people splurging on cars and stuff, it should do good, if the whole package is appealing.

P.S. : I am assuming that these are on-road prices. If so, they are still in line with comparitive models of Fiesta/Aveo/Verna etc and at 7lakhs still a few thousands cheaper than segment leader NHC.
Old 9th March 2007, 15:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

The rear seems Audi-ish doesnt it? In any case, I am waiting for this one!!
Old 9th March 2007, 15:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

I thought the baleno lxi sold well. the vxi was a rarity. however it would be unfair to compare the old with the new as the new represents the future & decidedly it has to look & feel futuristic, which is what fiesta & verna are.
cheers
Old 9th March 2007, 15:59   #28
BHPian

I doubt if it is On Road Prices. My guess is it would be Ex-Showroom price
Old 9th March 2007, 16:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Positioning it from 6.5 lakhs onwards would have been a safer bet, as the Baleno Vxi did good business (during the end of its life) at that price point.

P.S. : I am assuming that these are on-road prices.
IMO they are ex-showroom prices , since OTR varies widely between different cities. It should sell, as long as they don't call it a Baleno
Old 9th March 2007, 16:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
I thought the baleno lxi sold well. the vxi was a rarity.
You are right. As with any other car (atleast in that price range and lower), the lower trim sells more than higher end variants. So you are right about LXi selling more than Vxi. But then there are quite some Vxis also on the road - a difference of 60K is not really much for some when you are plonking down close to 6 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode
My guess is it would be Ex-Showroom price
If so, it could be a little tough for MUL to pull it off, given the prices of the competition :

Chennai ex-showroom prices :

Verna i (Petrol) 624977
Verna Xi (Petrol) 643438
Verna XXi (Petrol) 701432

Fiesta 1.6 ZXi 651000
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 711000

Aveo 1.6 LT Limited Edition 676474
Aveo 1.6 LT Option Pack 722527

City ZX EXi 688000
City ZX GXi 738000

As you see, even the leader NHC has ex-showroom prices less than 7-lakhs for the lower end version. Don't think MUL will again make an overpricing mistake. The OMB debacle is not that far away in the past for them to overlook.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks