Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 17:53   #856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
The car which has solid build quality (like Adventure) and lot of safety feature does not need ABS and airbags.

MUL cars like Swift, SX4 need ABS and Airbags for sure because they don't have any other safety features and MUL knows indian mind very well, Public give lot of attention to AirBag/ABS than build quality and fire prevention system, anti sub marine seats etc..

But however for people who give importance to price compromising few other important stuffs SX4 is good choice!

We can term SX4 as "Economy buy of Luxury Sedan"

Ravi.

LOL. Very funny. are you consoling yourself for not waiting ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 9th May 2007 at 17:54.
Old 9th May 2007, 18:22   #857
BHPian

SX4 : S - Sporting ; X - RelaXing ; 4 - 4 season drive.
Old 9th May 2007, 18:36   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Economy buy of Luxury sedan when it can kick but of a 77 bhp class leading luxury car that has biege interiors but no airbags, abs, leather interiors, wide tyres, even as an option....

Come on dude, give Maruti a break for giving some class leading features, a new engine, class leading safety (this car fares 5/5 in safety/crash tests in Europe, for that matter even Swift does, what makes you feel the build quality sucks??? maybe you have some internal sources that you cant share...). This is not a car made only for developing countries like Logan, nor is it limited just to City drive with a punny fuel efficient engine.... in some depts it beats cars segment above it (spelt 205/16 tyres), offers loads of features.... It will definitely give STIFF competition to all cars in its segment.

There are issues with this car, as there are with other cars. The NVH levels are not great, the interiors are drab and boring, but that doesnt make this car a bad proposition as its strength outnumber its weaknesses.
Well said aseem. Ravi get a life man, and what else a manufacturer could offer at that price. Come on man... and ask competitors they are sweating big time in this summer. "its global warming" they will respond but MUL knows its SX4. HA HA HA.
Old 9th May 2007, 18:41   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car which has solid build quality (like Adventure) and lot of safety feature does not need ABS and airbags.

MUL cars like Swift, SX4 need ABS and Airbags for sure because they don't have any other safety features and MUL knows indian mind very well
OMG, you are serious, aren't you? Care to enlighten us, on what these special safety features are that companies besides FIAT haven't discovered yet?
Old 9th May 2007, 18:55   #860
BHPian

I've heard the Adventure Sport comes with Titanium-Kryptonite Force fields and Active Deflective Opposing Mass Diffusers, not to mention 6-way Flux capacitors for FTL-Warp drive.
Old 9th May 2007, 18:58   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its like saying that we don't locks on the doors that are heavy

What has ABS got to do with build quality ?
Old 9th May 2007, 19:00   #862
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
I've heard the Adventure Sport comes with Titanium-Kryptonite Force fields and Active Deflective Opposing Mass Diffusers, not to mention 6-way Flux capacitors for FTL-Warp drive.
Whoa !! That one went way over my head.
Sarcasm or something for real?
Old 9th May 2007, 19:04   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Come on man... and ask competitors they are sweating big time in this summer. "its global warming" they will respond but MUL knows its SX4. HA HA HA.
Ajay, I know you are a Maruti fan, but don't start your celebrations so soon! It is like counting the chickens before they hatch!
SX4 is just launched, it will take atleast a month to know if it has impacted the Sales charts, till then let us hope for the best!

And pls remember it is bit difficult to get rid of competion with the likes of NHC, Fiesta etc so easily!

Also I find it difficult to digest that some of the enthu BHPians have even booked a SX4 even before having a look at it, forget the Test drive!

Last edited by finneyp : 9th May 2007 at 19:06.
Old 9th May 2007, 19:07   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Nah... why go for all these when you can get superman for a hood ornament. he can stop any car from touching your Fiat!
And if you feel the need for speed, simply put the guy on the hatch door.
Old 9th May 2007, 19:07   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Whoa !! That one went way over my head.
Sarcasm or something for real?
That's what I am wondering too!
Old 9th May 2007, 19:28   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Ajay, I know you are a Maruti fan, but don't start your celebrations so soon! It is like counting the chickens before they hatch!
SX4 is just launched, it will take atleast a month to know if it has impacted the Sales charts, till then let us hope for the best!

And pls remember it is bit difficult to get rid of competion with the likes of NHC, Fiesta etc so easily!

Also I find it difficult to digest that some of the enthu BHPians have even booked a SX4 even before having a look at it, forget the Test drive!
FAN... my foot. I am no FAN of any manufacturer. I am a FAN of any good quality product backed by relaible brand and good after sale service. As far as cars are concerned some companies in India doing good job and most of us appreciate them.I have visited mondovi and seen this car. Its a really good solid product packed with lot of goodies for a reasonble price, and you only need a common sense to realize how competition is feeling.
Old 9th May 2007, 19:31   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ROALMAO that was funniest peace of sh** I have read for sometime....
It is understandable SX4 would do to C segment what Swift did to Getz. You would see lower prices by other manf for their cars, sour folks (who have just bought other cars and now are busy justifying their decisions), and huge waiting list....

I guess this is the best time to buy a Honda City too, as I can expect them to discount their cars shortly like Getz had to reduce its price after Swift...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks