Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2020, 19:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
However, if VW or Skoda had plonked in the 2.0L TSI engine with AWD and independent rear suspension, the USP would have been altogether different with a target towards performance oriented enthusiast buyers.
That would go premium from day 1. They are looking to go mass with Karoq taking the lead.

This would be the first Skoda above 20L that would sell 1000 units each month!!

Also, they would want to differentiate the bigger Kodiak with the 2.0L TSI engine I thought.
They could introduce AWD in the Karoq with the 2.0 TSI later -around 200 or so units

Last edited by Vid6639 : 29th March 2020 at 19:37. Reason: spelling of karoq
Old 29th March 2020, 19:32   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
That would go premium from day 1. They are looking to go mass with Kareq taking the lead.

Also, they would want to differentiate the bigger Kodiak with the 2.0L TSI engine I thought.
They could introduce AWD in the Karoq with the 2.0 TSI later -around 200 or so units
This is a CBU import. No way it will sell 1000 units a month. It will more likely see 100-200 units a months, taking the Tucson as ballpark. It is also possible that the numbers are far lower and this is brought to India in the 2500 a year quota without needing homologation. If Skoda was looking at volumes, they would have localised it and assembled it here.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 19:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, if VW or Skoda had plonked in the 2.0L TSI engine with AWD and independent rear suspension, the USP would have been altogether different with a target towards performance oriented enthusiast buyers.
This would essentially be a Tiguan (the old five seat version) with a petrol motor. I doubt the market would go for it - even the diesel Tiguan struggled in terms of sales despite it being a fantastic vehicle.
Old 29th March 2020, 19:43   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
That would go premium from day 1. They are looking to go mass with Karoq taking the lead.

This won't be for masses at all being a CBU and so compact. It is basically an Octavia plug in replacement since the Octavia till take a year more.

The Kodiaq and Tiguan with the 2.0L TSI will be a very tough sell, neither are they enthusiast oriented nor are they efficient for the practical folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
This would essentially be a Tiguan (the old five seat version) with a petrol motor. I doubt the market would go for it - even the diesel Tiguan struggled in terms of sales despite it being a fantastic vehicle.
This Tiguan struggled cause it was a compact 5 seater that VW were charging 40L for (on road bangalore). If you spent 2L more you would get a Kodiaq or for the same 40L you would get a BMW X1 for a 3-4L more. Only when it got discounted close to 30L for the lower comfortline did people start picking it up.

The Karoq internationally is not available with a 2.0L TSI so that won't happen in India but they could have differentiated the Karoq with the T-
roq by giving the 2.0L TSI in the T-Roc and 1.5L TSI in Karoq. So one caters for enthusiasts and other for practical folks. Both cars with their own USP.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 21:22   #65
BHPian

Quote:
This won't be for masses at all being a CBU and so compact. It is basically an Octavia plug in replacement since the Octavia till take a year more.
The Karoq internationally is not available with a 2.0L TSI so that won't happen in India but they could have differentiated the Karoq with the T-
roq by giving the 2.0L TSI in the T-Roc and 1.5L TSI in Karoq. So one caters for enthusiasts and other for practical folks. Both cars with their own USP.
I guess if the compass could stir up some demand initially this could too, seeing the price at which the American brand sells it.What if the Karoq does good would Skoda ditch plans to bring Octavia?

I am a very big fan of the octy itself but since my family loves SUVs and don't need the extra space of the kodiaq they have shortlisted the Karoq,compass and seltos(all petrol autos) for buying next year.

The Karoq is available with the 2.0TSI 4x4 (190ps)abroad known as the Sportline trim.Even the T-Roc is available with 2.0 TSI (190ps) and R(310ps) which is basically a raised Golf R.Agreed VW should have launched the 2.0TSI variant in India considering its sportier nature than the karoq but I don't think anyone would be willing to pay an even steeper price for that plasticky interior..

Attaching a link to drive of the Karoq 2.0TSI Sportline
TSIVTEC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 22:00   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
I guess if the compass could stir up some demand initially this could too, seeing the price at which the American brand sells it.What if the Karoq does good would Skoda ditch plans to bring Octavia?
The Octavia is definitely going to come to India. It is their bread and butter model but with COVID-19 I don't know how it will affect Skoda India plans and how much it will push them back by.

Zac has already announced on Twitter that they are relooking launches for all their cars for coming months that means Octy deliveries, Karoq launch, Rapid 1.0L launch, Superb facelift and Kodiaq 2.0L TSI launch.

Quote:
The Karoq is available with the 2.0TSI 4x4 (190ps)abroad known as the Sportline trim.Even the T-Roc is available with 2.0 TSI (190ps) and R(310ps) which is basically a raised Golf R.Agreed VW should have launched the 2.0TSI variant in India considering its sportier nature than the karoq but I don't think anyone would be willing to pay an even steeper price for that plasticky interior..

Attaching a link to drive of the Karoq 2.0TSI Sportline
Thanks for the link. I was always under the impression that Karoq was 1.0L TSI and 1.5L TSI. Most online reviews were for 1.5L TSI. Maybe the 2.0L TSI came in later cause they mentioned no 2.0L TSI and AWD petrol in Karoq.

I know the 2.0L TSI will push the price up but it would still have some appeal to enthusiasts.

Sportline trim with 2.0L TSI and other trim with 1.5L TSI. Some 2-3 lakhs more for AWD+2.0L TSI and will be a brilliant package. It's basically a dream cause it makes no financial sense especially now.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th April 2020 at 12:46.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 13:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

Zac Hollis, Brand Director, Skoda Auto India Private Limited has confirmed that the Skoda Karoq SUV will be launched in India digitally once the COVID-19 lockdown is lifted.

Prices for the Skoda Karoq SUV will be announced once the lockdown lifts

Deliveries for the Skoda Karoq will begin on 6 May, 2020

One can book the SUV for a token amount of Rs. 50,000.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/excl...ckdown-2213683
Old 29th April 2020, 18:13   #68
BHPian

It looks like Skoda India are going to launch the Karoq in 6 color options.
Here's hoping that Skoda gets the pricing right.

Link - https://www.buyskodaonline.co.in/
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-screenshot_202004291701232.png  

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-screenshot_202004291701313.png  

Octy17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 19:16   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Skoda Karoq to be offered in six colours

- Bookings for the model have commenced

Skoda Auto India had previously scheduled the launch of the Karoq SUV in India in the month of April. While the launch has been postponed due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the company has revealed a few more details of the model.

The new Skoda Karoq will be offered in a single variant and six colour options. The latter will include Candy White, Magnetic Brown, Lava Blue, Magic Black, Brilliant Silver and Quartz Grey
Source : carwale.com

https://www.carwale.com/news/skoda-k...ions-revealed/
Old 30th April 2020, 20:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Karoq Bookings Open teaser.

Old 1st May 2020, 11:52   #71
BHPian

It will be interesting to see the price for this one. I am looking to buy a SUV from this segment either towards the end of this year.

Currently deliberating between this and Harrier. Couple of other interesting upcoming models in this category. Interesting times.
Old 1st May 2020, 12:43   #72
Senior - BHPian

Should be a bit cheaper than the T Roc?
Old 1st May 2020, 13:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Should be a bit cheaper than the T Roc?
Karoq will be priced around 2-3 Lakhs more compared to T Roc. Major difference between Karoq & T Roc is additional airbags (9 vs 6 in T Roc), electric adjustable seats & slightly better interior materials.
karan0009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 13:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Karoq will be priced around 2-3 Lakhs more compared to T Roc. Major difference between Karoq & T Roc is additional airbags (9 vs 6 in T Roc), electric adjustable seats & slightly better interior materials.
Bigger too. Karoq is supposed to be marginally wider and has significantly larger boot space (520 L vs 445 L). Karoq also has some additional features, like the powered driver's seat (but looses out on the rear independent suspension)

Last edited by Guna : 1st May 2020 at 13:40.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 13:46   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Bigger too. Karoq is supposed to be marginally wider and has significantly larger boot space (520 L vs 445 L). Karoq also has some additional features, like the powered driver's seat (but looses out on the rear independent suspension)

I don't think the T- Roc has an independent rear suspension either.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks