1.Overdrive 211 23.92%
2.Autocar India 576 65.31%
3.BS Motoring 95 10.77%
Voters: 882. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 22:10   #241
BHPian

frankly i feel autocar india is the best as long as indian automotive is concerned.presentation is top notch but i have recently felt it has started to increase price for no better changes!!
but still compared to the rest,im in for autocar especially cause i have read all the other car magazines around and found them to be losing their sheen in one or other aspect.
Old 29th April 2008, 13:47   #242
BHPian

Overdrive anytime they may lack some presentation skills but they try to give unbiased comments instead of creating hype and glorifying some brands.
Old 29th April 2008, 16:24   #243
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Ive read the editorials very closely in the last 2 or 3 issues of Top Gear India and I feel that the current Editor's writing style is extremely heavily influenced by that of Jeremy Clarkson - I ve got all of Jeremy Clarkson's books and a number of Top Gear (UK) issues in which he has written articles and I can safely say that I know and can recognise Clarkson's style very easily.

Clarkson has always been known to be irreverent and extremely witty in the use of words both on TV while presenting and in his books, even if his particular form of wit may not appeal to everyone.

Somehow that sets him apart as unique. While imitation may be the best form of flattery, it still seems to me a bit "contrived" when someone else tries to "imitate" his style almost word for word - read the latest issue of Top Gear and you'll see what I mean.

As a freelance writer myself, what I personally find to be to an extent "wannabe" is to somehow assume someone else's writing style and try to make it one's own.

Being influenced/ inspired etc etc is fine and all very well, but how much would be too much, is the question....

any views?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Overdrive was miles ahead of any other Indian auto-mag when they started out, but their standards have steadily fallen over the last 3-4 years, and drastically in the last 2.
In my opinion Top Gear is the best right now, just on the basis of their writing style.
Old 29th April 2008, 17:06   #244
Senior - BHPian

Autocar to get info on new models.. good classifieds when looking for new accessories or pre-owned cars..

BS Motoring for pure unadulterated motoring news.. I love their style of writing, their reviews of classic cars ( they even featured Adil D of overdrive with his Fiat?? in one issue !! ), their mud plugging with SUVs and their Blogs are interesting reading anytime..

IMO they dont favor the latest car to be launched in a comparison test, as does ACI. Only comparo where ACI stuck to an older choice was with the Santro.. Think it was the comparo with the new Zen..
Old 27th August 2008, 11:27   #245
BANNED

autocarindia.com or overdrive.in ?

Team this thread which tells us which magazine is better (autocar VS overdrive ) , I want to know which website according to you is better autocarindia.com or overdrive.in.

TIA
Jitendra

Last edited by nicejits : 27th August 2008 at 11:33.
Old 12th September 2008, 23:33   #246
spyker13

its definitively the autocar cos the test reports are more easier to read and understand..i mean its more clear when compared to other mags.

Old 13th September 2008, 00:16   #247
Senior - BHPian

What are the 1/2/3 year subscriptions offers going for each mag at the moment?
Old 23rd September 2008, 15:34   #248
BHPian

overdrive is the best overall compared to oter mags. I don't subscribe to any Automag but buy atleast two of them every month and one of them is always OD. By the way I don't like any Auto Journos for their comments and words on anything passionate.. except for the facts. And I think OD does a great job at it.
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:07   #249
BHPian

autocar is my choice and i prefer it over others. may be littlebit biased but it very informative
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:58   #250
BANNED

Has anyone seen TopGear in bangalore, seems it has dissappeared. I dont subscribe.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:46   #251
BHPian

an excellent auto-magazine, esp for people looking to buy a car, is "What Car?". its chockful of advice and tips apart from the usual reviews and comparos.

the best part is that its only Rs 30/-

i believe its a sister publication of Autocar India in association with the British mag and website "What Car?"
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:38   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Has anyone seen TopGear in bangalore, seems it has dissappeared. I dont subscribe.

it is availlable (actually I buy from a "PAN Shop" where I regularly see the TopGear hanging)
Old 6th October 2008, 14:31   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
i believe its a sister publication of Autocar India in association with the British mag and website "What Car?"
Even Autocar India is published in association with the British publication AUTOCAR.
Old 6th October 2008, 16:41   #254
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
it is availlable (actually I buy from a "PAN Shop" where I regularly see the TopGear hanging)
Thanks dude, time to it that PAN shop
Old 6th October 2008, 19:42   #255
Senior - BHPian

I feel most of them are baised. One of those voted CRV as the car of the year sometime last year. It was shocking.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks