Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2020, 13:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW launches new, cheaper "Sport" variant of the 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambodara View Post
Can anyone help me with BMW Kolkata please? I'll deeply appreciate it.
Speak to Subhro Pratim Choudhury of BMW OSL Prestige at +91 9674735503. He's one of the best here in the Calcutta dealership.

You can also speak to Pratap Bhanu Singh of Luxotica Automobiles at +91 9831886240. He'll assist you getting cars down to the city at the lowest rates in the country from any BMW dealership.

Take my reference with both. They'll help you out.

Best Regards
Rohin

Last edited by cityvic : 27th May 2020 at 13:28.
cityvic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 07:48   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing the post-COVID discounts now and that too on the 330i Sport for the first time:
Attached Thumbnails
BMW launches new, cheaper "Sport" variant of the 330i-screenshot_20200528055653.jpg  

BMW launches new, cheaper "Sport" variant of the 330i-screenshot_20200528074914.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th May 2020 at 07:50.
Old 29th May 2020, 03:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Seeing the post-COVID discounts now and that too on the 330i Sport for the first time:
Hi itwasntme,
Good to know that offers started though really its only the free service for 3 years and 1 year extended warranty that are ''real offers''. Discounting has not yet started so probably depending customer response it may also start.
Noticed unregistered 330i M Sport for sale with nearly 15k kms at Navnit for 41 lakhs exshowroom (which is nearly the recently launched Sport variant price). If it can be discounted further 5 lakh might be good option for someone interested.
https://www.bmwusedcars.in/navnitmot...ies/13888.html

Last edited by nikhil_pon : 29th May 2020 at 03:05.
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 07:40   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Hi itwasntme,
Good to know that offers started though really its only the free service for 3 years and 1 year extended warranty that are ''real offers''. Discounting has not yet started so probably depending customer response it may also start.
Noticed unregistered 330i M Sport for sale with nearly 15k kms at Navnit for 41 lakhs exshowroom (which is nearly the recently launched Sport variant price). If it can be discounted further 5 lakh might be good option for someone interested.
https://www.bmwusedcars.in/navnitmot...ies/13888.html
Good point on the 'offer'. I understand BMW has restarted production but the retail side will really reopen on June 1st.

India HO can't be having an easy time with the sudden passing away of Rudratej Singh! Let us wait and see their promotional activities kick off. G20 3 & X1 sales never really took off due to the sluggish market in end 2019 (for the 3), and both totally cratered with the lockdown. The 2 is also awaited in a couple of months, and they've just launched the 8s as well.

I feel only giving extended finance schemes or throwing in basic BRI/BSI will totally fail this time. They need to do something substantial to justify their prices.

I noticed the used 330i too. Must be the Navnit BLR demo car as it's run 15K+ without registration. Avoidable I personally feel as it would have been thrashed and trashed.

Is it normal for a BMW dealer to sack off a barely 6 month old demo car? Maybe they want to change to the flagship Portimao Blue colour; white is not an ideal colour to showcase the 330i M Sport. Another reason might be the fact that BMW is (or was planning to!) add wireless Android Auto to the post-June cars. Could very well be that their updated 330i M Sport is already on the way.

EDIT: Pictures now uploaded too: https://www.bmwusedcars.in/buy-used-...ies/13888.html

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th May 2020 at 08:09.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 08:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it normal for a BMW dealer to sack off a barely 6 month old demo car? Maybe they want to change to the flagship Portimao Blue colour; white is not an ideal colour to showcase the 330i M Sport. Another reason might be the fact that BMW is (or was planning to!) add wireless
I had read some where on our forum that it is a policy to replace bmw dealer demo cars at the 6 month mark, that could very well be the case why the car is on sale.
I think it is best to avoid these demo cars as you said, from ignition on to off, they are thrashed like crazy all the way by sales advisors to prospective customers. Until the cash discounts start, i do not see G20 sales picking up now. Have just seen 1 G20 so far in Delhi ncr.
Old 2nd June 2020, 16:59   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/76154551.cms

EDIT (Just updated)
https://www.bmw.in/en/topics/special-offers.html

BMW launches an 'Easy Start' financing scheme. Details in the links.

3 Series:

- ₹ 36,999 MONTHLY PAYMENT
- 5.99% EFFECTIVE ROI
- ADDITIONAL BENEFITS UP TO ₹ 1.5 LAKH
- 3-YEAR COMPLIMENTARY SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE

5 Series:
- ₹ 51,111 MONTHLY PAYMENT
- 5.99% EFFECTIVE ROI
- 5-YEAR COMPLIMENTARY SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE

X1:
- ₹ 32,999 MONTHLY PAYMENT
- 6.99% EFFECTIVE ROI

Last edited by itwasntme : 2nd June 2020 at 17:13.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 10:19   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

330i spec sheet updated with colours.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3 Series Specsheet-Petrol.pdf (748.7 KB, 552 views)
Old 15th June 2020, 21:06   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

I seem to be 'atmanirbhar' on this thread but just in case any lunatic would buy a 330i Sport (during these times) with the OEM 225/50/17 RFTs (Michelin ZP I guess), should he/she change the RFTs to Michelin Pilot Sports 4 in the same size? Issues that come to mind are BMW warranty (even though same size, i.e. only RFT to tubeless) and better/worse ride & handling. Is it at all worth it if 90% drives are in city?

Purely hypothetical question of course, but any expert guidance will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th June 2020 at 21:35.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 21:41   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I seem to be 'atmanirbhar' on this thread but just in case any lunatic would buy a 330i Sport (during these times) with the OEM 225/50/17 RFTs (Michelin ZP I guess), should he/she change the RFTs to Michelin Pilot Sports 4 in the same size? Issues that come to mind are BMW warranty (even though same size, i.e. only RFT to tubeless) and better/worse ride & handling. Is it at all worth it if 90% drives are in city?
On My 320d (F30 LCI) I recently switched from the OEM Bridgestone Potenza RFTs to Michelin Primacy 3 ZP (which are also runflats). And I am very happy with these ZP tyres. They are a good balance between the comfort of the Michelin Primacy tyres and the tough sidewalls of the runflats. I have not noticed any change in the handling compared to Bridgestone RFTs. I was thinking about switching to tubeless, but I am glad I found these Michelin ZPs. I will never go to tubeless now. These ZPs are great tyres and they give both the comfort and performance of Michelins and the peace of mind of runflats. And of course, my original warranty is also intact!

BTW I have the same size as you mentioned - 225/50/R17. So I am basically running the same tyres in the same size as the OEMs on the G20.
Dr.AD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 22:17   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
should he/she change the RFTs to Michelin Pilot Sports 4 in the same size? Issues that come to mind are BMW warranty (even though same size, i.e. only RFT to tubeless) and better/worse ride & handling. Is it at all worth it if 90% drives are in city?
A 250bhp petrol RWD is not worth if 90% drives are in the city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
I will never go to tubeless now.
+1
I am happy with the ride quality of my 330i on stock RFTs. Other than cost, I don't see a reason to switch to regular tubeless. Sourcing the tyres from an independent tyre shop should save some money. I was lucky to source OEM GTI tyres from a tyre shop, hoping to do the same for the 3.
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 23:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
- ₹ 36,999 MONTHLY PAYMENT
- 5.99% EFFECTIVE ROI
- 3-YEAR COMPLIMENTARY SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
If monthly payment is around 37k, does it mean...down payment will be around 30 lakhs? Or, how does it work?

I donot know much about auto financing, im more of small car + down payment or office car lease, type of guy.
Old 16th June 2020, 00:17   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
If monthly payment is around 37k, does it mean...down payment will be around 30 lakhs? Or, how does it work?

I donot know much about auto financing, im more of small car + down payment or office car lease, type of guy.
My calculation

Loan = 25 lakh
Duration = 7 years
Interest = 6%
EMI = 36,521

Total money paid back in 7 years = 25 lakh + Rs 5,67,836 (5.68 lakh approx)
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 06:10   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Purely hypothetical question of course, but any expert guidance will be highly appreciated.
I would stick to the RFTs that come with the car. Like Dr_AD mentioned, the Michelin ZP run flats are very good compared to the earlier Bridgestone RFTs.

My 3GT came with Conti CSC5 RFTs and they have a very good balance between comfort and performance. The only reason I am planning to go tubeless shortly is the non-availability of the odd size with dealers outside BMW and the fact that the CSC5 wears out pretty fast in the rear wheels. The second set of tires on the rear are nearing end of life at just 38k kilometers. If I could get the size with Michelin RFTs with outside dealers, I would gladly continue with RFTs.

So hypothetically, you should keep the Michelin ZPs
graaja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 08:16   #59
Team-BHP Support

A quick question for the folks who are recommending continuing with RFTs, has anyone of you actually used a PS4S and then compared with RFT or just that you guys are satisfied with RFTs and don’t want to try anything else?
Turbanator is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 08:42   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
A quick question for the folks who are recommending continuing with RFTs, has anyone of you actually used a PS4S and then compared with RFT or just that you guys are satisfied with RFTs and don’t want to try anything else?
In my case, I was very satisfied with the performance of the CSC5 RFTs that came with the car. If the availability was not a concern, I would have continued. Due to this availability concern, I am changing to tubeless now. If the performance/comfort of tubeless proves to be superior, I would probably stick to tubeless.

I would love to have the PS4s. But they are not available in the size that I need for the GT (245/45/R18 square or staggered 225/50/R18 and 255/45/R18).

Now with the import restrictions on tires, guess it is going to get more difficult in the future.
graaja is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks