Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 12:18   #256
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
A dealer in Mumbai told me that the display piece will be available in the Mumbai showroom from Sunday(10th January) but test drives will open up only from 24th January.
A dealer in Bangalore said the price details will be available after the third week of January. The dealership where I pre-booked the Compass does not have any idea of when the prices will be revealed or when they can deliver the vehicle. Glad that I did not sell off my Elantra hoping the Compass will be delivered by the end of January.
navaneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 12:35   #257
BHPian

I was also pretty close to asking for a quote for my old vehicle last month. I guess I will have to hold on to it for another month at the very least.
Old 7th January 2021, 12:42   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrokneel View Post
Congratulations

Although I dont think that a new engine is around the corner for the JC 2021 as FCA just launched the BSVI engines a few months back, however I am in complete agreement on not waiting for the same car (the facelift does not seem to offer too much) and foregoing the current discount available and then pay extra money for the facelift.

I was also on the same boat and after a lot of swinging from MT to AT to MT and then back to AT, I too booked a longitude plus Diesel AT. The discount on the ex showroom was good and then took my own insurance and transferred my previous vehicle's NCB to this one.

Still trying to figure out how to get the logistics charges waived off. (Any pointers BHPians?? ) Delivery should happen by Christmas !!!
Introducing "Eugene" to the TBhp Family !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass facelift launch in early 2021-1.jpg  

indrokneel is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 14:28   #259
BHPian

Wish they had added more details, this was more like a 'soft launch'.

Some more information is available on their website -
https://www.jeep-india.com/newcompass.html

I like what I see so far. The interiors seem absolutely plush and a step up in every way, probably commensurate to the price tag now. Good to see 360 cameras, ventilated seats, wireless charging, electronically adjustable seats for both driver and passengers and if I heard Mr Datta correctly did he also mention a one-touch electronic tailgate?

The focus seems to be to make it more refined, more luxurious and of course on connected car tech.
Shreyas_H is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 15:24   #260
BHPian

Quoting my own comment from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
Initially I had doubts on the new green colour, but it looked good on the launch video.

It's good that Jeep has extended the electronic seat adjustability to passenger side as well + memory function for 2 + ventilated seats which will be a huge plus in our humid/hot conditions.

And they retained the fully digital instrument cluster as well in our Indian model.

Only thing I wish is that they should properly tune the 9 speed Auto in the diesel variants. And that they do a price correction as well. Ok that makes it 2 wishes.

P.S.: That placement of EPB switch is awkward or down-right dangerous. Imagine an kid sitting in the passenger side and "accidentally" pulling that while taking a phone from that wireless phone charger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
if I heard Mr Datta correctly did he also mention a one-touch electronic tailgate?
Yeah, I thought so too, but it was not stressed upon properly and it is not listed on the website as well. Not a serious requirement, but I hope they do provide that.
neelkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 16:26   #261

Congrats to you and your family...

Can you please let me know how much discount you were able to pull through for this?
I am on the same boat as I am contemplating whether to get good discount in current gen model or wait for new model.
getlakshya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 16:35   #262
BHPian

https://www-autocarindia-com.cdn.amp...nveiled-419586

This has all the details and yes the powered tail gate is part of the package.

This time I feel Jeep has hit it out of the park hope they do not get greedy like Toyota did with the Fortuner and it should get the booking registers ringing for the dealers.

Last edited by sv97 : 7th January 2021 at 16:38.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 17:48   #263
Senior - BHPian

If Mahindra can make 4x4 standard drive on the Thar and price it within 20lac, I don’t see why Jeep cannot make AWD standard along with 6 airbags across its Compass range.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks